Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 29, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #5,611 of 11,645
  Got the Heaven VIII today. They really are wonderful. In my very quick impressions comparing to the fibass I am happy to say that they will complement each other well. I find them (Heavens)to be possibly better balanced and have more bass for sure. Also they are much more forgiving than the fibass. On the other hand the fibass have a much clearer lense to the music and for some reason seem more audio file grade to me. It is easier to plop the Heavens in and immediately embrace them however the fibass take a little bit to acclimate but once you do they are way more detailed and revealing. I don't think it is a bass/mid/treble thing either, it is a driver/design thing. Very different approach to my ears, but again this is a very brief a/b. I think that they Heaven VIII will be way less fatiguing for long listens too.  

Tips- i started with the Heaven silicon tip but then moved to Comply on both pairs.

Update later in the week after listening.

Yep. H8 is more forgiving, more relaxing, more bass, and dissolve into the background easier. It makes the experience less attention grabbing. Definitely suitable for a weekend unwind.

May 29, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #5,612 of 11,645
The Heaven Vs sound best with the stock tips (wide bore). They do, however, ITCH!!!

May 29, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #5,613 of 11,645
Using the Spiral Dots right now. Can't say I like the sound, but it seems to be the most comfortable (can't exactly enjoy music if your ear itch with stock tips). Looking at a pair of spinfit now. Maybe I'll get it soon

May 29, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #5,615 of 11,645
Touch of Modern: https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/doorbuster-final-audio-design

H8, Adagio 3, 5, and a couple of PF on sale as well.

Heaven VI, in japan cost $290. IF you get $250 for heaven VII that is just CRAZY!!!
I just saw this, I'm going to see if they accept shipping outside NA

edit: the deal seems to have been taken down. Did the two head-fier who ordered from them got their item yet?

I'm guessing Final Audio got to them and told them to fix their pricing after they heard TOM's price from head-fi.

Both excellent but not too similar. The Heaven VI is all about the euphonics. It has heavenly mids with vocals especially compelling. The soundstage is reasonably wide and has good imaging because of the single BA. The Heaven VI does everything well. It is my go-to IEM.

The Lab 1 is all about ambience. It does things in the soundstage that are difficult to describe. Layering... pinpoint imaging L to R but oddly 3D from front to back... a dome like concert hall in your head... Like I said, it is difficult to describe.

I am of a small group who think that the Lab 1 is contender for most compelling headphone in the world. But it is not especially accurate or fast. It can't replace my HD800. The Heaven VI is also an all-round better performer across genres.

(It sounds like the Heaven VII and VIII might be closer in ambience to the Lab 1 but I have not heard them.)

I see you have Ocharaku Kaede. Can you give general impression on how VI compared to the Kaede? I've listened to Kaede and am thinking of upgrading either to the VI or VII. (depends on whether i can sell my old IEM or not). But from the japanese store staff review I've read, i'm leaning more towards the VI...

May 29, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #5,616 of 11,645
The ones on Touch of Modern were samples given at CES or something from what i understand, for some promotion at the beginning of the year. They got them for free so were just trying to get whatever for them. They must have had some unsold for the promotion so decided to dump them these months later. Great deal while it lasted, I already had the VIII in shipment, almost got the VII too but thought that would just be to compulsive, esp after spending double their price on them. Oh well….. 

Yes the VIII is relaxing and full sounding. I do get the foot noise with them, which is my main problem and why i bought the fibass. I think because the fibass has vents, i don't get the thumping from walking. The fibass is definitely a more engaging and aggressive earphone with a clear lends to the music and high end sound where as the VIII is more forgiving, has more visceral bass feel but not the same view, more smeared or like a hight noise level. They both are great but so different. 

May 29, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #5,617 of 11,645
  The ones on Touch of Modern were samples given at CES or something from what i understand, for some promotion at the beginning of the year. They got them for free so were just trying to get whatever for them. They must have had some unsold for the promotion so decided to dump them these months later. Great deal while it lasted, I already had the VIII in shipment, almost got the VII too but thought that would just be to compulsive, esp after spending double their price on them. Oh well….. 

Yes the VIII is relaxing and full sounding. I do get the foot noise with them, which is my main problem and why i bought the fibass. I think because the fibass has vents, i don't get the thumping from walking. The fibass is definitely a more engaging and aggressive earphone with a clear lends to the music and high end sound where as the VIII is more forgiving, has more visceral bass feel but not the same view, more smeared or like a hight noise level. They both are great but so different. 

damn. if you got the VII and regret them I would have snatch it off your hands. Send you some cookie from Asia too perhaps

May 29, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #5,618 of 11,645
Yeah, the other thing about the fibass is they are small and light. For walking they are great, the VIII sags and is heavy. Just going through the trials…. Don't know about the VII, it looks a little smaller from pictures. The Lab 1 i have read is lighter due to titanium.

May 29, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #5,619 of 11,645
The ones on Touch of Modern were samples given at CES or something from what i understand, for some promotion at the beginning of the year. They got them for free so were just trying to get whatever for them. They must have had some unsold for the promotion so decided to dump them these months later. Great deal while it lasted

May I ask, where did you learn this info?

May 29, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #5,621 of 11,645
Yes
cool.gif

LOL

May 29, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #5,622 of 11,645

I see you have Ocharaku Kaede. Can you give general impression on how VI compared to the Kaede? I've listened to Kaede and am thinking of upgrading either to the VI or VII. (depends on whether i can sell my old IEM or not). But from the japanese store staff review I've read, i'm leaning more towards the VI...

The VI and Kaede are very different. For me, the Kaede is mostly a rock IEM. Dynamic sound, deep grinding bass and incredible concert hall acoustics. It is for listening LOUD. It is not the most accurate IEM but it has ambience. In that regard I would say that it is closer to the Lab 1 than the Heaven VI - although the Kaede and Lab 1 are actually very different headphones.

The VI will be an excellent complement to the Kaede. The VI is more of a straight-up IEM but with the lovely euphonic tone. It does everything well. 

Edit: I have not heard the VII...

May 31, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #5,624 of 11,645
FAD has got a sponsor page now. Not much on it yet. They are now just  Final  . 

As far as the VIII, i am loving them but bulkier and heavier than the fibass and sound is not as high end. On the other hand less fatiguing and more forgiving with better bass. Very relaxing is right. I find that the weight is not the earphone per se but the cable. So using a clip when walking helps the earphone from not being weighted down. Over all very happy with both of these, i can only imagine what the Lab 1 sounds like…..Hopefully some day there will be a Lab 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back