Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 7, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #2,821 of 11,644
^ Forgot to add the following — you know how much I love the KAEDEs, but, to me, the 160Xs reach deeper into music like no other phone does. Better sounding than the Ocharakus? Hmmm, all I can say is I need the 160Xs in my life, I don't need the KAEDEs.

Aug 7, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #2,822 of 11,644
Quote:
My new favourite amp for the PF IX and 1601SC is the Pico Power. It is throwing out more raw current than even the powerful Quickstep and this is eking out surprisingly rich bass and an overall full sound. The treble is a bit "organic", not at all sharp, which also suits these headphones well.

This works out great as I actually find that the Pico Power sometimes overwhelms the Heaven VI. It is a fun listen but the bass is leading the music even where it shouldn't. The Quickstep, which I also find to be just a bit faster, is a perfect fit with the Heaven VI. (KAEDE sounds great with both; still not sure which I prefer.) So it is back to the Quickstep as my portable and Pico Power at home. 

(Mike, I will be the first to concede that throwing 15 volts into the Quickstep could well close the power gap with the Pico Power. What can I say? I am a 9 volt guy.  
size]
)

My wallet is furious now, thanks to you. A 15 volt comparison would really satiate it. Though it is quite the stack with 15...sigh!!

Quote:

Headphone stand for pf IX

Excellent!!

Quote:
^ Forgot to add the following — you know how much I love the KAEDEs, but, to me, the 160Xs reach deeper into music like no other phone does. Better sounding than the Ocharakus? Hmmm, all I can say is I need the 160Xs in my life, I don't need the KAEDEs.

That's a Sophie's choice, for me.

Aug 7, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #2,823 of 11,644
Quote:
Quote:

That's a Sophie's choice, for me.

Yes, I can see exactly where you're coming from, and I have no plans at all to sell my KAEDEs as they're an exceptionally good phone I've come to love. I'm pretty sure (many) more people would prefer the KAEDE's sonics over the Piano Fortes'. But, for me, personally, I really do need the PF IX / 1601SS in my life, whereas I could live without the Ocharakus as long as I also had my HD800s or K3003s.

Aug 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #2,824 of 11,644
Quote:

Yes, I can see exactly where you're coming from, and I have no plans at all to sell my KAEDEs as they're an exceptionally good phone I've come to love. I'm pretty sure (many) more people would prefer the KAEDE's sonics over the Piano Fortes'. But, for me, personally, I really do need the PF IX / 1601SS in my life, whereas I could live without the Ocharakus as long as I also had my HD800s or K3003s.

My wallet is now angrier at you than it is at cooper. And to make it worse, I completely understand.

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #2,826 of 11,644
So as soon as k3oxkjo hits me up with some shippin info, I can finally storm this FAD treehouse you all have got goin on here. Heaven S, special thanks to Muzak for shilling reppin this allegedly fine phone.

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #2,827 of 11,644
^   Are you saying that after all my shilling work—duties which included endless PMs, expensive overseas calls from my mobile, emails, video conference calls, hand-written letters, postcards, faxes & telegrams—you went and bought k3oxkjo's fake FI-BA-SBs, instead of my like-new Special Grumpy Edition Heaven S? 'Shame on you!' would certainly be the understatement of the year.

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #2,828 of 11,644
I had actually assumed it was yours until I remembered that your fancy money with your fancy queen on it costs us a fancy penny here in the states. :p

Maybe it's because you didn't text him?

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #2,830 of 11,644
Quote:

160X... they're the cool looking Piano Fortes right? I never understood FAD's naming system. 
Really would like to own one of those in my lifetime :3
Quote:

So basically, you need all your phones 
size]

Doesn't look like you'll be parting with any of your gear soon. XD.

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #2,831 of 11,644
Yeah...

If you study exhibit A here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/667318/price-drop-final-audio-design-heaven-s-fi-ba-sb

You'll see that HF user Bengrace is perhaps more altruistic in his intent, letting his FAD go for a pittance! Indeed, Ben wishes to spread the joy of FAD with his common man, whereas Muzak's askin price of 250 Euros is far too posh for my serf-ly salary. This paints Muzak as a clear shill, one who is happy to spread the good word of FAD, but not share its wealth.

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #2,832 of 11,644
Quote:
Yeah...

If you study exhibit A here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/667318/price-drop-final-audio-design-heaven-s-fi-ba-sb

You'll see that HF user Bengrace is perhaps more altruistic in his intent, letting his FAD go for a pittance! Indeed, Ben wishes to spread the joy of FAD with his common man, whereas Muzak's askin price of 250 Euros is far too posh for my serf-ly salary. This paints Muzak as a clear shill, one who is happy to spread the good word of FAD, but not share its wealth.

I suspect that, although he is no salesman, he is most likely a businessman.

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #2,833 of 11,644
Yeah...

Euro? Whoops. Well, glad to be able to help perpetuate the stupid Americans impression from sea to shining sea.

Knew I shouldn't have depended on my memory.

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #2,834 of 11,644
Quote:

My wallet is now angrier at you than it is at cooper. And to make it worse, I completely understand.

^   What?! You haven't, err…you haven't actually, errr… have you? No, you can't have...

No.

Then I don't understand your first post above.

Quote:
160X... they're the cool looking Piano Fortes right? I never understood FAD's naming system. 
Really would like to own one of those in my lifetime :3
So basically, you need all your phones 
size]

Doesn't look like you'll be parting with any of your gear soon. XD.

No, I only need two phones: HD800 + one of my 160Xs or K3003 + one of my 160Xs.

Quote:
Yeah...

That cheap Heaven S you linked to is not the limited-to-one 'Special Grumpy Sparrow Edition' Heaven S. The money paid to music_4321 for this unique pair is, er, well, only money. One would hope that the buyer of this particular unit would soon find themself understanding music (Music with a capital "M", that is) much more deeply — Now, how can you possibly put a price-tag on that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back