Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #2,356 of 11,665
up late, I think you should leave now. You're like that cousin who stays over a few nights too many, and insults your mom's cooking while he's at it.

We already have one graph crusader in Inks 
wink.gif

, we don't need another. 

As for Inks, it's amazing that the person who actually measured the PF VIII and analyzes IEMs admits that they have a charm, but it's his side kick who continues to bash them as crap.

Just in case you didn't know, there's an unsubscribe button to the left of the search button.

It's amazing how an amateur likes to make such outlandish claims and doesn't have respect for ones opinions. In case you didn't know, one can post a dislike of a product if he feels like it. Where did you get that he admits it has a charm? He just understands what they did as I do, but don't agree with it at all performance wise. I would stay away from what I don't know if I were you

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #2,357 of 11,665
Quote:
It's amazing how an amateur likes to make such outlandish claims and doesn't have respect for ones opinions. In case you didn't know, one can post a dislike of a product if he feels like it.

Are you serious? We all know that shotgunshane doesn't like the product. There are also several others who do not like the PF series. You don't see them constantly post here about how bad or unnatural it is. That is the issue that is being contested, not his dislike of the product.

Simple reading comprehension.

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #2,358 of 11,665
And it's simple reading comprehension that I may express my opinion when I feel like it. I was done with this thread but you're spreading amateurish assumptions

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #2,359 of 11,665
Eke, honestly, its not worth it mate!

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #2,360 of 11,665
Quote:
And it's simple reading comprehension that I may express my opinion when I feel like it. I was done with this thread but you're spreading amateurish assumptions

At some point, don't you think it reaches a threshold where it starts to become thread crapping/trolling?

Look, I have my opinions about several IEMs. For instance, I think the Klipsch X10 is crap. You don't see me in the thread though calling it an abomination, quoting FR graphs as my justification. I'm sure there are those who like it for specific reasons, and I'll let them enjoy their purchase.

I'm reacting to how obnoxious he and, to some extent, you have been.

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #2,361 of 11,665
Quote:

I think music begins with the unborn child's heartbeat, though it may well begin beforehand. 

Now you have me worrying about when the music ends.... damn!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #2,362 of 11,665
As obnoxious as you are being now? I would just let it be. Who are you to say when an opinion should stopped being expressed. I posted here earlier because I felt necessary to chime in on a subject and wil continue posting whenever I feel it may be necessary.

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #2,363 of 11,665
I can answer that Iva! :D

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEX1dYyvmig[/VIDEO]

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #2,364 of 11,665
Quote:
I can answer that Iva!
biggrin.gif

Too farging funny!!!
biggrin.gif

I went from bumping along to a lossless copy of Talking Head's Stop Making Sense (one of my favorite live discs) to this! I am officially depressed.

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #2,365 of 11,665
Ahh, but remember, death of the mortal is the gateway to the eternal.. Least that is what I keep telling myself as I race towards half a century on this planet :blink:

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #2,366 of 11,665
Yeah, but I heard it's all Techno after you die.
L3000.gif

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #2,367 of 11,665
Oh no, I'm not going then, I am just going to...

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oilwusvq5SI[/VIDEO]

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #2,368 of 11,665
Eke and Inks, here's my unsolicited 2c, you're both right from your respective point of views. I'd love to have a beer with you and settle the matter... though not sure if I'd survive the effort.
wink.gif

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #2,369 of 11,665
I think music begins with the unborn child's heartbeat, though it may well begin beforehand. Also, music is more direct, primitive, if you like, and often knows nothing about (country) borders, among other things.

How about a painting of the glow on a woman's face after learning she is pregnant or a seductive pose that might lead to it. Which is more primitive is arguable but probably impossible to prove either way. Music might just easier to make a connection to on a daily basis, but directness is easily within the artists control.

Honestly it's a fascinating point or question. It might be an uphill battle for me on a music forum haha.

Depends on what part of the elephant (music) they are touching.

I should be more careful...
And buy more pants, stupid Meier.

Actually go here, the consumer site for the Phantom Cables brand. Same company, same cables. And you can see the prices:

http://www.infinitecables.com/av_35mm-rca.html

How is $20.95 for a 3 foot cable?  :)

If not for shipping to the states being ~60% of the cable price it would be awesome! Thanks for the link. I'll use them when buying more than one cable most likely.

I believe that is right, a mini out of the HP socket on the dap to the amp will be amping twice.

I must say with my old classic set up I did notice a better sonic difference using a LOD over the HP out way, not huge but it was there.

For me what is a greater sonic upgrade after trying all of the aftermarket cable options is going lossless.

I am so glad for FAD's captive cables, stops me messing about more with cable up grades. Don't get me wrong they can make a difference but not in my experience greater than going from lossy to lossless.

This is why I just want cables that are just not bad, as oppose to good.

Does anyone know how double amping that way could even possibly be not a waste except having more power on tap? It seems like the quality would just be bottlenecked.

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #2,370 of 11,665
Quote:
Now you have me worrying about when the music ends.... damn!
very_evil_smiley.gif

If you hadn't used the word "damn" and used such an 'evil' emoticon, I could have sworn that post was written by james444 (not always a good think, if you ask me).

Your post led me to think of the following: the trouble—or perhaps a kind of odd blessing—is that there may not be an actual end to music. On the other hand, we certainly do a lot (unconsciously) to prevent Music (with a capital 'M') to enter our lives, which is a way of killing Music.

Here's a piece of real music (majestically rendered by the PF IXs): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0euklMkKuk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back