Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 3, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #2,027 of 11,644
Quote:

Congratulations. Those are very interesting headphones. With the wrong music they are kind of insane. With the right music, they are of the gods.

I think I can finally understand that point. Seems very very genre specific! 

Jun 3, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #2,028 of 11,644
Quote:

Congratulations. Those are very interesting headphones. With the wrong music they are kind of insane. With the right music, they are of the gods.

Seems you haven't been following this thread very closely, cooperpwc. If there's one thing to be certain of, it is that up late will definitely never get a pair of PFs. He might—just might—get a pair of FI-BA-SS... eventually, but that's still rather unlikely.

Jun 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #2,030 of 11,644
For Next Saturday: lets see if we can find a good time for the most amount of people possible for the second installment of Piano Forte live commentary plus new music. 

We need to name this thing. 

RiddleGuy is choosing, and has chosen an album. RG, can you please let us know what the album is? And if there is an edition or recording to look for? 

Time to get the ball rolling!

P.S. I'm listening right now to the album of my choosing for when it's my turn, and I can't wait for you guys to hear it. It's another one made for the PF's. And it's in 96/24. 

I was going to suggest Faure's Requiem on the Deutsche Grammophon label with Kathleen Battle, but I am open to other suggestions for those who don't particularly like classical. It is available on Amazon as both CD and MP3.

Another option would be to select something from HD Tracks which can be downloaded in Hi Rez. A good Jazz recording would be of interest to me.

Jun 3, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #2,031 of 11,644

sorry man. i should've used an emoticon there. :wink:

Seems you haven't been following this thread very closely, cooperpwc. If there's one thing to be certain of, it is that up late will definitely never get a pair of PFs. He might—just might—get a pair of FI-BA-SS... eventually, but that's still rather unlikely.

yup.

Jun 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #2,032 of 11,644
Quote:
I was going to suggest Faure's Requiem on the Deutsche Grammophon label with Kathleen Battle, but I am open to other suggestions for those who don't particularly like classical. It is available on Amazon as both CD and MP3.

Dear Ridleyguy

The aim of this thread, apart from educating people, is to achieve some of the following:

a)  Get as many Etymotic purists to switch to the "abomination" known as the Piano Fortes.

b)  Get all those Van Halen fans to listen to proper music, which, of course, includes classical music.

c)  Convince people that only when they spend ~$1,000 on a pair of very shiny phones, can they begin to get half-decent sound.

d)  Provide people the unique experience, the absolute thrill of belonging to an "exclusive club".

e)  Have the privilege to be a part of the anti-customs crusade.

f)  Show people woodcans is an expert in lies & the use of Photoshop.

g)  Allow people to witness for themselves just how uncool james444 can be.

h)  Prove to the masses that ianmedioum can be better at selling snake oil than music_4321 (his portable tube amp vs my K3003s).

i)  Prove to people there is something very real known as "karma" (read: cooperpwc losing his $1,000 IE800s after scoring a great deal on a pair of very-hard-to-find 1601SCs)

j)  Show the whole HF community and thousands of lurkers that FAD's # 1 fan, MuppetFace, hardly ever posts in this thread.

Jun 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #2,033 of 11,644
Dear music _4321

Based on the fact that you have stated previously in this thread (I believe), that the PF IXs are one of, if not your favorite headphones, I am assuming that you were being facetious. Very funny though!

Jun 3, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #2,034 of 11,644
James, thank you for the music, it was great!

Guys, I may not be able to take part this coming weekend. Looks like I am going to be spending it on set working.

I do have some more music to share. I love this musician, from Quebec she has a wonderful voice and the recording quality is out of this world either in CD, LP or 24/96 USB card.

I have owned the CD since last year and it is listened to on a daily basis but today I just got the USB 24/96 version come in the mail and it is well worth the extra I feel, especially with the PF's as they reveal more of the subtle differences between the CD and 24/96 versions.

Her name is Anne Bisson and her vocal style is sort of Jazz but it has more about it than that.

Just a sublime recording, one of those that is not just a great audiophile recording but also one with real artistic content I feel.

Here is the first track off the album..

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwOm5ZGuB6Q[/VIDEO]

And a link to her site, she is an independent artist and I feel deserves support, heck she mails out the CD's/ USB cards/LP's herself!

http://www.annebisson.com/en/store/

Jun 3, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #2,035 of 11,644
Ian, thank you for the Nick Drake album recommendation — wonderful album indeed! I first listened to it on Spotify when you first mentioned it here (I have to admit I cheated at the time and used my HD800s), then immediately ordered the CD and eagerly waited to try it again with my PF IXs / 1601SS. Yesterday I finally found the right time to give it another proper listen, this time using my 1601SS — suffice to say I listened to the whole album 3 times in a row and once again this evening. Thanks again.

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #2,036 of 11,644
Quote:

Another option would be to select something from HD Tracks which can be downloaded in Hi Rez. A good Jazz recording would be of interest to me.

Yes, music is right. The point is to discover new music, and stuff you think synergizes well with the PF. Don't worry about if it fits someone's interests or not. Maybe it won't, or maybe you will introduce someone to something new. I think anyone that owns a PF line earphone has an open mind and likes to take chances. We will listen to Faure's Requiem on the Deutsche Grammophon label with Kathleen Battle on Saturday! Can't wait. 

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #2,039 of 11,644
Was able to find MP3 download here. 
ir

It is also available as both as an uncompressed Flac download and a 320 Mbps MP3 on the DG US website.

Jun 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #2,040 of 11,644
Thanks vwinter, up late & Mike!!! (and music!!)

Quote:
Finally:

Sorry the photos are not great but i was more interesting in getting them in my ears :D

Those photos are quite, nice, no apolgies needed. Having said that, if the owner would like to send them my way, I would attempt a few quick shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back