FiiO X7 preview world tour--tour impressions rolling in
Oct 29, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #376 of 732
Hope you guys can understand that now the firmware is not the final version . lots of new features are wating for added in the future. like USB DAC, DLNA,  but I believe that the X7  will become better and better when the new firmware released in the future.

remember we just released the final firmware for our X3 which was released in 2 years ago. 
Hopefully in Pro mode that the standby won't drain battery too much

Oct 29, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #377 of 732

To be fair, most people who are buying the X7 won't be installing games in the same manner as a phone. Anyone whose looking to drop $649 on a DAP has probably researched it well enough to know its a music player first and foremost so I really dont think there is anything to worry about in that case. But then again the only thing more infinite than space is human stupidity so there is that :p

Lesser of two evils as it will be hacked anyway. 

I was about to subject my two cents on this until you stated your last sentence in that paragraph. In my company we created an android based device so our customers could use android developers to add features that they wanted along with our base equipment. Instead, we get people angry that they cant play video games or watch netflix. Never underestimate the power of an idiot with a big wallet.

To be clear, my stance is to add it. As I know that I am smart enough to know when I caused the issue. I'm just looking out for Fiio on a business sense, it will be a support contact generator. I like the other idea someone brought up about being able to unlock it through accepting terms on a web form.

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #378 of 732
end user agreement would be a preferable choice. give them the option while clear stating that it is not designed for this. but either way, there will be customer service calls, because people don't read before pressing agree(humancentipad).

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #379 of 732
Hope you guys can understand that now the firmware is not the final version . lots of new features are wating for added in the future. like USB DAC, DLNA,  but I believe that the X7  will become better and better when the new firmware released in the future.

remember we just released the final firmware for our X3 which was released in 2 years ago. 

I remember the early X3 and X5 days well, James. I filed numerous bug reports and feature requests in the Bugzilla Joe set up. Seems like a Bugzilla might be helpful as you're developing the X7 in its early days.

If not, I'd suggest we start a new thread on the group forum. The PM thread is tedious to report it, since it isn't paginated.

What do y'all think?

Oct 29, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #381 of 732
I remember the early X3 and X5 days well, James. I filed numerous bug reports and feature requests in the Bugzilla Joe set up. Seems like a Bugzilla might be helpful as you're developing the X7 in its early days.

If not, I'd suggest we start a new thread on the group forum. The PM thread is tedious to report it, since it isn't paginated.

What do y'all think?

Yes! As I suggested in the PM it would be good to send invites to the previewers so the group thread isn't flooded with redundant questions from non-previewers. It's also much easier than scrolling for 5min to get to the last message. I also understand with the beta nature of the FW that FiiO would want to keep the conversation in a less than public domain.

Oct 29, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #382 of 732
Yes! As I suggested in the PM it would be good to send invites to the previewers so the group thread isn't flooded with redundant questions from non-previewers. It's also much easier than scrolling for 5min to get to the last message. I also understand with the beta nature of the FW that FiiO would want to keep the conversation in a less than public domain.

An invitation only private group seems to be a good way to give private feedback given the beta nature of the OS.

Oct 29, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #383 of 732
Regarding the poll, I would vote for both.

This is a music player, and if Fiio wants to guaranty the best performance as a music player they should limit the apps that can be installed. BUT there are a lot of power users out there and this should not be a forced limitation.
An option to disable this whitelisting should be available. I would enable the whitelisting by default, with an option to disable it, perhaps with a small warning.

Oct 31, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #384 of 732
If I'm understanding this correctly, wouldn't the "Pure Music" function remove any problems with downloading power hungry apps? In other words wouldn't that mode bypass any problems that apps that aren't white listed could present?

Oct 31, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #386 of 732
  OK so day 2, this is what I think

GOOD
  1. SQ - my goodness...my main DAP is X5 gen 1, and the difference in SQ is just massive, as I stated before, without going into titty bitty technical details, what jumped out to me straight away was X7's ability to control and tame sibilance, without sacrificing details - few hours after unpacking, I went straight to A/B session with X5, and a few songs which are sibilant on my X5, came out perfect on X7 (with Dunu 2000J). Then after that I grabbed my Rooth LSX5, and X7 has indeed given my LSX5 a new purpose in life, all the sibilance, gone...poof
  2. FLAC streaming - Tidal sounds much, much better on this, compared to my G3, MBAir/Dragonfly, and PC/Aune T1
  3. Build quality - solid, and oozes class

NEUTRAL
  1. Locked down Android - it was problem at the start, but I think we all got around the problem by downloading individual .apk's instead of from Google Play Store - obviously if the 'export' or 'overseas market' version comes with Play Store preinstalled, that would be perfect
  2. Build quality - as good as it is, due to the weight and brushed allloy, I feel that it is a bit slippery and could easily fall out of your grip, I think (just like the X5), rubber shell is a must here.

NOT SO GOOD
  1. Battery - If no one else is having this problem, that means my unit's battery is a dud - on standby without anything playing, and apps all closed, bluetooth off (only wifi is on, and the blue light), the battery level went from 100% to about 30% in 7 hours, which is fair enough according to the 9 hours battery life Fiio quoted, but this is without anything playing, just on standby, I double and triple checked, no apps are opened, BT off, only wifi is on

I'm so happy that you're testing with the D2Kj. I own them too and it sounds like you're very satisfied with the combination of the two.

Nov 1, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #387 of 732
  If I'm understanding this correctly, wouldn't the "Pure Music" function remove any problems with downloading power hungry apps? In other words wouldn't that mode bypass any problems that apps that aren't white listed could present?

it should be the case, yet,  nobody has tried the pure music mode in the tour and it may not be that popular in regular users' world.

Nov 1, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #388 of 732

it should be the case, yet,  nobody has tried the pure music mode in the tour and it may not be that popular in regular users' world.

I tried it today, just runs the stock much app and thats it. It starts up into the music app and you can't leave it to go to the android home screen so you are only operating the stock music app. 

Nov 1, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #389 of 732

What!? I love the pure music mode. Best not to assume what others are using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back