FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Oct 6, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #14,537 of 18,020
I didn't realise there was a paid version.  I'm using the one FiiO has included in their own app download folder (FiiO Market)

Oct 6, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #14,538 of 18,020
Further feedback on Beta v3:
- currently using OTG is crashing the FiiO music app
- coax output to mY Hugo is not producing full hi res. 176khz is being decoded at 88 kHz. v2.0 worked correctly
- amazon music will download and play tracks but not stream them
- x7 is running hotter and battery charge reducing quicker

Oct 6, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #14,539 of 18,020
  I didn't realise there was a paid version.  I'm using the one FiiO has included in their own app download folder (FiiO Market)

That might be the free version but uploaded to their marketplace. I was thinking of getting it from the google play store as they update the app frequently. Heck even the neutron app on my BlackBerry Z30 Neutron receives updates frequently. They are awesome developers 
beerchug.gif

Oct 6, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #14,540 of 18,020
My report on FW Beta v3

- Some display picture still missing from 'Artist' menu (no such problem in 'Music' 'Album' etc.) 
- Track number in some albums still incorrect
*Fixed after restart a device*

- Not support Thai font in Fiio Music app (and maybe other font) displayed as ?????????
- Fiio Music app scanning folder speed is horribly low
- Transfer data between PC and X7's internal storage  is very slow. Took me almost 2 hours to transfer 22 GB music to an internal storage. Before update I transfer my music to PC and it took only 30 minutes
- Same Artist name but split folder? (pic below)

- Fiio Music app can't find some songs even it is internal memory and songs number is counted (pic below)

Oct 6, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #14,541 of 18,020
So, if one chooses not to install FW 3.0 Beta / Android 5.1, then that's the end of the line for updates?

I haven't seen any mention of the the "Google Play services has stopped" hyperactive notification. Was that fixed?

Oct 6, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #14,542 of 18,020
  So, if one chooses not to install FW 3.0 Beta / Android 5.1, then that's the end of the line for updates?

I haven't seen any mention of the the "Google Play services has stopped" hyperactive notification. Was that fixed?

I can't say for FiiO mas most probably end of the line for FW2.0. Developments to come under FW3.x

I read the music App is almost equal to FW2.0, except the new sorting feature on albuns. what's up with the App FiiO questioned us +1 month ago (thread with app images) with a totaly new revamped interface?

Regards

Oct 6, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #14,543 of 18,020

Play for 4 hours and installed few apps, no "Google Play services has stopped" for me so far.

Oct 6, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #14,544 of 18,020

The public beta firmware of Android 5.1 for FiiO X7 is coming:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/822149/the-public-beta-firmware-of-android-5-1-for-fiio-x7-is-coming

Loooking forward to your feedback!

After a couple of factory resets and a reinstall of Beta v3.00 I cannot get the FiiO music app through the coax output to deliver anything higher than 88Khz regardless of the input resolution of the material.  This is a complete show stopper for me.  I have cranked up my venerable FiiO X5 just to confirm that the tracks are correctly encoded and they are delivered at the correct resolution and it works perfectly.
I have also made a number of comments about the problems that still exist in the GUI in a previous post.
I look forward to your feedback!

Oct 6, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #14,545 of 18,020

I would laugh so hard if the Neutron on the marketplace turns out to be cracked...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 6, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #14,547 of 18,020

The FW3.0Beta IS the firmware update (although in Beta version). It just makes sense to continue development with the new Android 5 version than waste time and money developing another firmware update in Android 4

I too have not received any Google Play error messages - at least they have that sorted out!

Oct 6, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #14,549 of 18,020
I can't say for FiiO mas most probably end of the line for FW2.0. Developments to come under FW3.x

I read the music App is almost equal to FW2.0, except the new sorting feature on albuns. what's up with the App FiiO questioned us +1 month ago (thread with app images) with a totaly new revamped interface?

Regards

I was told James wasn't satisfied with the new UI and decided not to use it.

Oct 6, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #14,550 of 18,020
FiiO, are you still supporting the older 2.0 firmware (Android 4.4.4)?

Great news about Android 5, but there are still a couple of bugs in the Android 4 version that have never been resolved: 1) The initially lowered volume level on the FiiO music app and 2) gapless playback.

It seems that bug 2) has only gotten worse as gapless is now officially unsupported in the current Android 5 FW.

Can we still expect updates for Android 4, or is that now history?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back