FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
May 21, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #11,911 of 18,020
I have just been on fiio website and apparently the clicking is a relay switching on and off for the amp/ headphones socket and is quite normal... But I have never noticed this with nearly everyday use and according to fiio when you switch the x7 on and off, should this be happening when selecting a track????

the clicking that has appeared on my x7 mostly happens at certain intervals....i.e just at start up of pure music mode, then when recognising headphones i.e symbol... recognising volume i.e symbol then selection of track , then mostly seems to stop but on occassion has clicked more than normal after entering pure music and when selecting other tracks during use.
this is almost certainly the relay as doesnt happen with headphones not plugged.
the x7 was not a cheap purchase for me , im 5 months into warranty and a bit worried that the relay is faulty , like anyone i dont want to end up with a broken unit out of warranty. 
i was wondering if a few of you could let me know that your units DOESNT DO THIS so i can narrow down that it poss is just a fault with my unit .

thanks

May 21, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #11,913 of 18,020
So today, I went to the shop to try out the X7+AM5 to decide whether I should buy it or buy another DAP.

I experienced a very bizarre, peculiar bug that I couldn't figure out how to resolve. The firmware was 1.91 as it's needed for AM5.

Basically, in pure music mode, X7 automatically played some music from my SD card on top of the actual music that I'm supposed to listen to.
So there was constantly some music playing no matter whether the music player app is playing or paused. The two pieces of music was overlaid on top of each other.

I found out that X7 was automatically launching some other music player app in the background and started playing some random songs on its own.
This is very strange since there should be no other apps running when it's on pure music mode.

By swiping down and closing this "hidden" player app, I was able to stop the background music from playing, but this kept on reappearing every time I let the X7 go to sleep and I wake it up. On the photos attached, you can see two separate players running, playing totally different piece of music in pure music mode.

Also, if the music I'm playing is 44.1kHz and this "background" player music is a 96kHz file, then that one plays in very slow motion (i.e. in 44.1kHz), so I was really scared because I thought I could hear some ghosts singing in the player...

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there any way to stop this? I tried all the usual things like reboot, change SD card, etc, but it was persistent. It's weird since I didn't experience this last time I did a demo on the X7.

May 21, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #11,914 of 18,020
Just an update from me and my X7 issues:

Weirdly enough, the "audio cutting out for a few seconds (whilst playback continues)" problem has completely vanished.

Not entirely sure how or why. Same apps, same SD cards, same firmware, everything. 

Just hasn't been an issue for the past few weeks. 

Shrug 

Could it be that you'd emptied out some songs from your SD card which was almost full? I ran into this problem big time yesterday (for the first time) with a full card, then it vanished again when I changed to another less full card.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 21, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #11,915 of 18,020
So today, I went to the shop to try out the X7+AM5 to decide whether I should buy it or buy another DAP.

I experienced a very bizarre, peculiar bug that I couldn't figure out how to resolve. The firmware was 1.91 as it's needed for AM5.

Basically, in pure music mode, X7 automatically played some music from my SD card on top of the actual music that I'm supposed to listen to.
So there was constantly some music playing no matter whether the music player app is playing or paused. The two pieces of music was overlaid on top of each other.

I found out that X7 was automatically launching some other music player app in the background and started playing some random songs on its own.
This is very strange since there should be no other apps running when it's on pure music mode.

By swiping down and closing this "hidden" player app, I was able to stop the background music from playing, but this kept on reappearing every time I let the X7 go to sleep and I wake it up. On the photos attached, you can see two separate players running, playing totally different piece of music in pure music mode.

Also, if the music I'm playing is 44.1kHz and this "background" player music is a 96kHz file, then that one plays in very slow motion (i.e. in 44.1kHz), so I was really scared because I thought I could hear some ghosts singing in the player...

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there any way to stop this? I tried all the usual things like reboot, change SD card, etc, but it was persistent. It's weird since I didn't experience this last time I did a demo on the X7.

Yes I have experienced the same thing with double music apps playing at once. In my case it was poweramp which would go haywire and play in pure music mode. What I found out the problem was, for me, was that I had enabled locks creep access for poweramp and that made poweramp start in pure music mode too. I uninstalled poweramp (as I pretty much only use pure music anyway) and have never had the problem again.this was on 1.80 firmware btw and I'm running 1.91 and am5 module now

May 21, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #11,916 of 18,020
Yes I have experienced the same thing with double music apps playing at once. In my case it was poweramp which would go haywire and play in pure music mode. What I found out the problem was, for me, was that I had enabled locks creep access for poweramp and that made poweramp start in pure music mode too. I uninstalled poweramp (as I pretty much only use pure music anyway) and have never had the problem again.this was on 1.80 firmware btw and I'm running 1.91 and am5 module now

Ah OK. This X7 was not mine, but a demo unit at the shop, so I didn't know what other apps were installed on Android mode.

In any case, this is pure music mode, so it's not supposed to run other apps in the background, right?

I guess this would be a no-issue if I make sure I disable or uninstall all the bad apps in Android mode, but it still feels weird.

May 21, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #11,917 of 18,020
This is exactly what happens to me. I don't think it's a firmware 1.9 problem. I'm on fw 1.8 and the clicking noise has been there since I bought it. For me, the clicking is louder and more frequent in pure music mode.

Hi, timtochill. 
The clicking noise you mentioned only can be heard when you started to play the first track, right? If so, I think the clicking sound should be caused by the relay. Here is the function of the relay on the X series's player: click here

May 21, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #11,918 of 18,020

Usage guide of the new USB DAC Windows driver for FiiO X-series players: http://www.head-fi.org/t/808890/usage-guide-of-the-new-usb-dac-windows-driver-for-fiio-x-series-players :http://www.head-fi.org/t/808890/usage-guide-of-the-new-usb-dac-windows-driver-for-fiio-x-series-players

In that article, we will show you how to configure and use the new DAC driver for basic ASIO output as well as DSD ASIO output (with Foobar2000). Comparing to the old version, the new driver is 
more convenient to use. It can be installed without first connecting the player to the computer and is compatible with the X3, X5, X3 2nd gen, X5 2nd gen and X7. You need to only install it for once and have it work with all these models as well as the new players (with DAC function) that wewill release in the future.For more features of the new DAC driver, please check this link:http://www.fiio.net/en/story/426

Best Regards,

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 21, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #11,919 of 18,020
Bought the FiiO RM1 remote. As soon as I pair it with X7 the volume drops. Also, immediately I start getting the 1 sec delay as if I connected X7 to my PC as a DAC. Ok, I can deal with that. I go on and start playing music while wearing the A12 ciems. Fk, now I hear the "wifi" emi noise in the right channel, even though wifi is off. Unpairing or turning off Bluetooth eliminates the noise.

Ok, I plug X7 into my K5 to avoid the noise and take full advantage of my new remote. Nope. As soon I turn Bluetooth back on the RM1 won't connect. Clicking on the device from the Bluetooth section on X7 doesn't work either, have to pull RM1 out of the holder and push the power button to restart it. Only then it connects.

Next, HD600 lacks base for my EDM collection so I fix that with the EQ. Nope. As soon as I turn on EQ **** completely shuts down on me - no music, can't play or pause, not even switch tracks. I turn off Bluetooth, turn off EQ and... What, music is playing but UI doesn't reflect that and in fact it's completely useless - can't seek, can't play, can't play any file.

FiiO, this experience shouldn't have to be this painful... What did I do wrong D:

Hi, frifox.

1. As for the delay issue, could you please inform us which operation caused it? Pressing the Play/pause , volume button or all the buttons on the RM1?

2. When the X7 is doced with the K5, your RM1 can not pair with your X7? Kindly inform us whether the X7 is in a state of Lockscreen mode at that time or not. And please let us know the statues of the blue LED on the RM1. 
Maybe the RM1 goes to the sleep mode and you can wake the RM1 by pressing the Play button. 

3. When running FW1.91, we already found the bug which enabling the EQ setting will make Bluetooth playback stop. We will fix it in the next firmware as soon as possible. So pls set EQ OFF if you want to play songs via Bluetooth. 

May 21, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #11,920 of 18,020
Could it be that you'd emptied out some songs from your SD card which was almost full? I ran into this problem big time yesterday (for the first time) with a full card, then it vanished again when I changed to another less full card.

Only thing I've done is ADD songs to my card.

I had the issue even with spotify.. But it seems to be remedied. Sweet!

May 21, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #11,921 of 18,020

Something similar has been happening to me from the beginning.
In Pure Music mode the X7 will launch Poweramp and then I'll be listening to both apps.
I've mentioned it a few times here.

May 21, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #11,922 of 18,020
Hey, forgive me if this question has been addressed earlier, but I frequently get and error message saying "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped". I get this message about 3 or 4 times with in a few minutes after rebooting, and then about once every hour or so afterwards. I did some researching trying to troubleshoot the problem and many suggestions involve clearing the cache in the Google Services and Play Store, and uninstalling and reinstalling Google Play Services. But none of these steps have worked. Also Google Settings won't run at all and always produces the error when I try to run it. I'm running firmware version 1.91, but I was getting the message with earlier firmware also.

May 21, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #11,923 of 18,020

Something similar has been happening to me from the beginning.
In Pure Music mode the X7 will launch Poweramp and then I'll be listening to both apps.
I've mentioned it a few times here.

Yeah if you are using Poweramp, there is an option in settings to automatically resume playback when headphones are plugged in. You should disable this option.

May 22, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #11,925 of 18,020
I've had my X7 for a month or two now and I've been quite pleased with it overall. One nitpick I have is when first powering on the X7 the power button must be held for about 8 seconds. I think my slight annoyance to this is mostly because I am used to other devices only requiring 2 or 3 seconds to power on.

Even though the X7 sounds great, I still run coax out into a Mojo so I'm looking forward to the AM0 module being available and hopefully at an attractive price considering it essentially is just a USB pass through.
smily_headphones1.gif

+1, I have to press the button for 8-10 sec for my unit to get turn on!  I may call Fiio to request an exchange, seems like this isn't normal.  This is going to be a good test of Fiio's service too, we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back