FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Feb 15, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #9,481 of 18,020
  I think like me with my DP-X1, we early adopters simply take the risk of ultimately being real-world testers! I may be reading into things here, but increasing onboard storage may be an effort to help with storage of Tidal files which I think in Android 4 can't be moved to the SD card, but I could be wrong.

1, the 1st, 2st batch are sold in China. 

2, I can't promised right now, but maybe Android  5.0 may be available in the future.

3, we will see how can we solve the issues when using the tibel. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 15, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #9,482 of 18,020

1, the 1st, 2st batch are sold in China. 

2, I can't promised right now, but maybe Android  5.0 may be available in the future.

3, we will see how can we solve the issues when using the tibel. 

If there are advantages to Android 5 that are meaningful in terms of sound quality, or UI benefits that may make it worthwhile, but if Android 4 will always sound as good as 5 it probably doesn't matter which version of Android. I take it that people worry about apps becoming available that they will use that require Android 5 for full functionality, but personally I wonder how realistic a concern that is? I mean as good as these devices are, many of us seem to upgrade pretty quickly so the odds of me using any DAP for more than two years is low anyway. I take it most of your X7 users are very much enjoying it with Android 4.

Feb 15, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #9,484 of 18,020
  If there are advantages to Android 5 that are meaningful in terms of sound quality, or UI benefits that may make it worthwhile, but if Android 4 will always sound as good as 5 it probably doesn't matter which version of Android. I take it that people worry about apps becoming available that they will use that require Android 5 for full functionality, but personally I wonder how realistic a concern that is? I mean as good as these devices are, many of us seem to upgrade pretty quickly so the odds of me using any DAP for more than two years is low anyway. I take it most of your X7 users are very much enjoying it with Android 4.

i rooted it, removed everything google plus half of the system apps, installed f-droid and another launcher, some adblocking app.

the only issue there could be with android KitKat is security stuff, but considering it's an audio player and not your phone that shouldn't pose a huge risk.

appendix: i don't think this will get an android marshmallow update, or, nobody has done this yet for the RK3188.

Feb 15, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #9,485 of 18,020

i rooted it, removed everything google plus half of the system apps, installed f-droid and another launcher, some adblocking app.

the only issue there could be with android KitKat is security stuff, but considering it's an audio player and not your phone that shouldn't pose a huge risk.

appendix: i don't think this will get an android marshmallow update, or, nobody has done this yet for the RK3188.

I am so new to Android and as such I don't want to mess around with my DAP. I keep WiFi and Bluetooth off when not using them, but I am not sure how effective it will be for me to simply disable apps through the settings menu. Up to now I'm not having issues with the DAP so I will likely leave it alone, but if I was a power Android user I would likely shut off everything besides the Play Store that I could.

Feb 15, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #9,486 of 18,020

With all those changes, have you reached better SQ /battery lasting /UI smoothness?

Feb 15, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #9,487 of 18,020
  I am so new to Android and as such I don't want to mess around with my DAP. I keep WiFi and Bluetooth off when not using them, but I am not sure how effective it will be for me to simply disable apps through the settings menu. Up to now I'm not having issues with the DAP so I will likely leave it alone, but if I was a power Android user I would likely shut off everything besides the Play Store that I could.

the play store is usually the first to go with me ;P but yes, don't do this unless you really know how to fix things back to normal.
With all those changes, have you reached better SQ /battery lasting /UI smoothness?

less bloat. the audio quality has "improved" in the way that the google talkback notification does not interrupt my music.

Feb 15, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #9,488 of 18,020

the play store is usually the first to go with me ;P but yes, don't do this unless you really know how to fix things back to normal.

less bloat. the audio quality has "improved" in the way that the google talkback notification does not interrupt my music.

What about the Play Store is an issue for you? I have no idea what the talkback notification is? I never get system interrupts or messages beyond being notified that an app was updated, but that never infringes on music playback.

Feb 15, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #9,489 of 18,020
I'm having some issues uploading music to my new fiio x7. It's randomly splitting albums up in to two. I've checked all the tags with mp3tageditor and everything looks fine? It has also taken the first song from about 7 albums and put them in their own folder. How do I fix this?

Feb 15, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #9,490 of 18,020
  What about the Play Store is an issue for you? I have no idea what the talkback notification is? I never get system interrupts or messages beyond being notified that an app was updated, but that never infringes on music playback.

typing on the keyboard, as well as notifications, mute the audio by a number of dB for a moment. i don't know why i got the notification of google talkback identification failing...

Feb 15, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #9,491 of 18,020
  makes me wonder what will happen to early adopters' devices.

Quote:
  I think like me with my DP-X1, we early adopters simply take the risk of ultimately being real-world testers! I may be reading into things here, but increasing onboard storage may be an effort to help with storage of Tidal files which I think in Android 4 can't be moved to the SD card, but I could be wrong.

I for one am pretty annoyed about this. I bought the X7 in Dec because it was all over the marketing jargon (head-fi or otherwise) that it's the last device you need to buy for a couple (few years) because you can change up the amp modules (I have already bought a AM2 and waiting for the AM3). Now I am being told that a 2nd GEN X7 (better device with more RAM) will come out within the next (few) months?!!?!

I am not sure if I should feel annoyed but I definitely do. If I buy a TOTL DAP, I expect it to the TOTL for a year... 

Feb 15, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #9,492 of 18,020
I for one am pretty annoyed about this. I bought the X7 in Dec because it was all over the marketing jargon (head-fi or otherwise) that it's the last device you need to buy for a couple (few years) because you can change up the amp modules (I have already bought a AM2 and waiting for the AM3). Now I am being told that a 2nd GEN X7 (better device with more RAM) will come out within the next (few) months?!!?!

I am not sure if I should feel annoyed but I definitely do. If I buy a TOTL DAP, I expect it to the TOTL for a year... 

Yup. Same.

Feb 15, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #9,493 of 18,020
Fair enough, but I am curious as a DAP, will the extra RAM make a difference? I thought people were saying the X7 as is ran smoothly and well with 1G of RAM? I guess if people are going to multi-task it is more a factor as Android in my understanding is typically bloatware and pretty resource intensive as an OS.

Feb 15, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #9,494 of 18,020

If you ever run any business, you would know that the only way that could work is that there is an exceptionally large profit margin on each product you sell. Because essentially you are asking FiiO to run its business like how Ferrari is selling its cars - that is, customization on individual order.

I do wonder why?

I mean, for the company that produces the actual item, if they do like a programe of sending the said units at a 2 weeks interval, or 1 week interval, not having stocks would actually result in less general risk and more revenue. 

Clevo laptop company does that and they do not seem to be closing soon, and DELL did this earlier in their career, and this actually resulted in more profit, beecause of diminishing risks. 

Feb 15, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #9,495 of 18,020
  Fair enough, but I am curious as a DAP, will the extra RAM make a difference? I thought people were saying the X7 as is ran smoothly and well with 1G of RAM? I guess if people are going to multi-task it is more a factor as Android in my understanding is typically bloatware and pretty resource intensive as an OS.

IF fiio does a 2nd X7, the first concerc should be bigger battery. This is more important than more RAM for a music player. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back