FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Feb 15, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #9,466 of 18,020

there will have too many SKU, we have plan to release 2G+64G X7 in the coming soon, and there may have 4 ~6 amp module, them we have to handle 2 * 6 = 12 SKU, which are too danger to us to control the stock. 

One thing you could to to better control stocks is to make a deal with every one of your personal dealers to not stock on products. Something amongst the lines of getting an online configuration tool, user chose exactly what parts he desires, then the dealer places order with Fiio. Item arrives fast, you do not loose money because of stocks, and most users should not mind much having to wait a few days in this situation. 

Feb 15, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #9,467 of 18,020
As I would like to build a digital cable myself, so that I can forget about the adapter,I was wondering how the [COLOR=3C3C3C]conne[/COLOR][COLOR=303030]ct[/COLOR][COLOR=242424]ing cable[/COLOR] [COLOR=242424]t[/COLOR][COLOR=303030]er[/COLOR][COLOR=3C3C3C]mi[/COLOR][COLOR=303030]na[/COLOR][COLOR=242424]l assignments are to be done (3,5 Connector for Fiio X7)? Can anybody please help me out on this one[/COLOR]

Tip=analogue L or + (for line out, not used with coaxial)
Ring1=analogue R or - (for line out, not used with coaxial)
Ring2=ground (shared with line out and coaxial)
Sleeve=signal for coaxial

Feb 15, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #9,468 of 18,020

One thing you could to to better control stocks is to make a deal with every one of your personal dealers to not stock on products. Something amongst the lines of getting an online configuration tool, user chose exactly what parts he desires, then the dealer places order with Fiio. Item arrives fast, you do not loose money because of stocks, and most users should not mind much having to wait a few days in this situation. 

If you ever run any business, you would know that the only way that could work is that there is an exceptionally large profit margin on each product you sell. Because essentially you are asking FiiO to run its business like how Ferrari is selling its cars - that is, customization on individual order.

Feb 15, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #9,469 of 18,020
shaved a bit off of the bottom of the plastic clear case (not the device!), removed the inner piece of the door. now it works with case on.
i expect the leather cases to work as well (unless they're too thick on the sides)

Furthermore, i have found a workaround for the UTF-8 tagging issue. i renamed all my files to a number. starting from 0001, and ending at 5415 (which is my last track)

it's annoying, but it works.

Feb 15, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #9,473 of 18,020
  shaved a bit off of the bottom of the plastic clear case (not the device!), removed the inner piece of the door. now it works with case on.
i expect the leather cases to work as well (unless they're too thick on the sides)

Furthermore, i have found a workaround for the UTF-8 tagging issue. i renamed all my files to a number. starting from 0001, and ending at 5415 (which is my last track)

it's annoying, but it works.

Does this mean that X7 with the default plastic case can't be docked into K5 without these modifications?

I thought it can't be dock only with those leather cases...didn't expect I either have to peel of the HW to make this happen, or put X7 out of the plastic case every time I want to dock it in..

Feb 15, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #9,474 of 18,020
Thanks for the reply!
So if I get it right, you plan to sell x7 with 2go internal memory?

i think 2gb RAM, 64GB internal memory.
  Does this mean that X7 with the default plastic case can't be docked into K5 without these modifications?

I thought it can't be dock only with those leather cases...didn't expect I either have to peel of the HW to make this happen, or put X7 out of the plastic case every time I want to dock it in..

not without mods it won't fit.
i do not have a leather case, maybe someone else is willing to try it. it's as easy as unscrewing 3 screws. (or maybe it is possible to pop out the door, then unscrew the inside)

Feb 15, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #9,475 of 18,020

i do not have a leather case, maybe someone else is willing to try it. it's as easy as unscrewing 3 screws. (or maybe it is possible to pop out the door, then unscrew the inside)

This is a bit sad to hear - they made that plastic case the default configuration of X7 - the impression I've got is that it is mounted on every X7 shipped abroad. And still, the K5 doesn't work with X7's default config and requires modification..ugh

Feb 15, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #9,476 of 18,020

The first product in our history was an docking speaker for Meizu's mp3 player, and them we had have E9/E09K, and it is difficult to make design the dock so the player can be pluged in with or without all kinds of case. 

but in K5, we have design a dock connectors at the same time, and we may released an Micro USB TO Micro USB 11 pin cable so our user can use it to connects our players without docking into K5 but still get the full features. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 15, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #9,477 of 18,020

The first product in our history was an docking speaker for Meizu's mp3 player, and them we had have E9/E09K, and it is difficult to make design the dock so the player can be pluged in with or without all kinds of case. 

but in K5, we have design a dock connectors at the same time, and we may released an Micro USB TO Micro USB 11 pin cable so our user can use it to connects our players without docking into K5 but still get the full features. 

i completely understand the design choice for the dock, but i will only use it with my X7, so i modified it all without any damage (with the exception on the plastic case that came with the X7)

i think either a revision on the plastic case, or that cable, would be good.

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #9,478 of 18,020
Thanks for the reply!
So if I get it right, you plan to sell x7 with 2go internal memory?

If so it will be a great move for those who feel they prefer the extra RAM. Does this sound like it will allow FiiO to move to Android 5? I'm not sure if Android 5 fares better with more RAM or if that makes little difference?

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #9,479 of 18,020
  If so it will be a great move for those who feel they prefer the extra RAM. Does this sound like it will allow FiiO to move to Android 5? I'm not sure if Android 5 fares better with more RAM or if that makes little difference?

makes me wonder what will happen to early adopters' devices.

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #9,480 of 18,020
  makes me wonder what will happen to early adopters' devices.

I think like me with my DP-X1, we early adopters simply take the risk of ultimately being real-world testers! I may be reading into things here, but increasing onboard storage may be an effort to help with storage of Tidal files which I think in Android 4 can't be moved to the SD card, but I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back