FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jun 8, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #3,946 of 18,020
Are You sure it will work with X7?

At the moment, there is no way to know for sure (unless you are James :wink: ), but like Dobrescu George said: From what we know, it is very likely.

Almost every other Android device works with those drives and I see no reason why FiiO should blacklist apps being able to access them.

Jun 8, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #3,947 of 18,020
Id like the option to discover new music by using spotify. At 320kbs i dont see what the issue is here? It also depends on the mastering of the audio also.

Just because music is not all DSD at 500MB doesnt mean the DAP should skimp on this option to stream compressed music. Like bluetooth, an option you have that you could use at the right scenario. 

im not looking for a Tera player, maybe for my grandpa but not for me. 

Affordable all in one DAP with nice DAC/AMP with some convenient features will be perfect for me.

Jun 9, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #3,948 of 18,020
Thank you for your answers regarding wifi streaming. Please @JamesFiiO confirm that it will work. 
rolleyes.gif

If it will work and won't have any problems with high bandwidth (e.g. 20 Mbps), then I am more than satisfied, because it compensates missing secondary µSD slot for me. 2TB in my pocket. 
atsmile.gif

Jun 9, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #3,949 of 18,020

I'm just curious, how do You access music library from this device? Stock player, dedicated app? We still don't know what apps will be allowed in X7.

If Neutron or PowerAMP as music player apps are allowed you can simple access over a samba share from a WiFi hard drive.

Jun 10, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #3,951 of 18,020
@JamesFiiO
So...... The X7 and all... just a quick question... could maybe a group of people pay, lets say, a lot extra to get a this prototype? Or honestly maybe this with the any of the other internals (x1, x3, x5; Limited Edition- shrink the screen add scroll wheel) Just let me know what I'd have to do.

we will released more information after the new year, but now I will like to release a prototype design which shows a very important features in X7,

not sure whether you guys can find the secret.

Noted, this photo is just a concept design and has been give up.  in fact, we have decided the final design but still have some detail to be decided.

Jun 10, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #3,953 of 18,020

Must we be given these Malteasers....
darthsmile.gif

Guys, this was an early RENDERING - the post from James was December last year - so 6 months back. Do you really think they would have a working prototype when they were still deciding on the design?

They are not creating a PCB and software at that stage....

Cheers,
K

Jun 10, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #3,954 of 18,020
Probably although as I have been a member less than 6 months I would have not known of  this information.......
beerchug.gif

Jun 10, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #3,955 of 18,020
Probably although as I have been a member less than 6 months I would have not known of  this information.......:beerchug:

Cheers!!

No problem. We are all here to learn....I just happen to run a hardware project myself. So some things are very logical to me but might not be for someone else.

Cheers,
K

Jun 10, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #3,956 of 18,020
Hi there, guys. I was intended to buy DX90 too, like some in this thread. But now decided to buy an xduuo x2 and wait for X7 :)

But... can somebody tell me, will the sound of X7 have more details and better soundstage than dx90?

Jun 10, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #3,958 of 18,020
  How someone can tell if X7 has more details and better soundstage than any device, if no one heard the X7 ? It's not even in beta stage.

DX90 uses 2 es9018k2m, X7 will have twice as much channels with es9018. Some comparisons can be made, I think. And I'm asking about how it will be in theory, not the exact result.

Jun 10, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #3,959 of 18,020
In theory.......... maybe, perhaps, yes. The implementation of the chosen DAC is as important, if not more, than the chip itself. FiiO may choose not to use all the available channels and bells and whistles of the desktop version so it really depends on how they implement it. Also consider the amp section and the synergy with said DAC implementation. It's too early to know for sure.

Jun 10, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #3,960 of 18,020
  DX90 uses 2 es9018k2m, X7 will have twice as much channels with es9018. Some comparisons can be made, I think. And I'm asking about how it will be in theory, not the exact result.

DAC chip is one thing, the end result - the sound is a completely different thing. You cannot judge a DAP only by it's DAC chip alone, the rest of the chips, the implementation itself is more important.
If you are interested in specs alone ESS9018 is much better than than the low voltage version MK2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back