FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Mar 5, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #2,851 of 18,020
  OLED is not a waste, it adds 50% pleasure of using the dap. Tell your wife that ring on her finger is a waste... see what she says.

PRO means, everything is perfect and no compromises attitude - top quality that will satisfy professional audiophile like me :wink:, in one word PRO.

What you are saying is more of a Bling. Same goes with the ring on your wife's finger other than  wedding ring.

I failed to see (or hear) how an oled can add 50% pleasure while listening to tunes. FYI, I maximize my listening pleasure by sitting back and closing my eyes and just listen to the music.

For your reference

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/professional?s=t
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bling?s=t
  professional
[pruh-fesh-uh-nl]
Examples
Word Origin
adjective
following an occupation as a means of livelihood or for gain:
a professional builder.
of, relating to, or connected with a profession :
professional studies.
appropriate to a profession :
professional objectivity.
engaged in one of the learned professions :
A lawyer is a professional person.
following as a business an occupation ordinarily engaged in as a pastime:
a professional golfer.
making a business or constant practice of something not properly to be regarded as a business: “A salesman,” he said, “is a professional optimist.”.
undertaken or engaged in as a means of livelihood or for gain:
professional baseball.

bling
[bling] Slang.
Examples
noun
expensive and flashy jewelry, clothing, or other possessions.
the flaunting of such possessions or the flashy lifestyle associated with it.
adjective
flashy; ostentatious.
verb (used without object)
to flaunt one's material wealth; live a flashy lifestyle.
verb (used with object)
to dress or adorn in a flashy way:
Bling up your wardrobe!

Mar 5, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #2,852 of 18,020

What you are saying is more of a Bling. Same goes with the ring on your wife's finger other than  wedding ring.

I failed to see (or hear) how an oled can add 50% pleasure while listening to tunes. FYI, I maximize my listening pleasure by sitting back and closing my eyes and just listen to the music.

For your reference

+1.  Piotrekfronc's oppinions lead one to assume his audio tastes lean toward the visual and superficial 'blingyness of a product combined with a superiority complex.
Oh! Was my bad, mods?

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #2,853 of 18,020
Mar 5, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #2,854 of 18,020
Think I just threw up in my mouth a bit...

You better buy a sponge then to clean that up
wink.gif

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #2,855 of 18,020
Mar 5, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #2,856 of 18,020
So I've been looking at a wireless hard drive that "Also works with hundreds of apps that support HTTP, FTP, WebDAV, DLNA, uPnP"

Does the X7 have functionality to support this as a means of storage?

Mar 5, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #2,858 of 18,020
Mar 5, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #2,859 of 18,020

For your reference

How can I explain blind how colors look like...

The OLED second screen has not only stunning look but also saves battery life, the player does not stay in pocket only I like to use that screen in times its is in pocket too. I like apart from excellent audio to have very excellent look too and I pay for it - PRO means no compromises and full quality stack. For others "pure sound" may be enough but I like to have extra features that make it much better than any competition. If you are such a purist - buy that german player with size of matches (riddiculous price and mizerable sq for money). I like also to be able to connect some of modern remotes via bluetooth or other protocols. The second screen is awesome solution for pocket carrying and power saving (actually that oled screen is enough itself).
I also love to have robust, excellent metal body with best possible finish so it feels like a silk in hand and is very durable, not like that plastique hm901.

It is a nonsense to limit yourself - if it can be better - it should, people will pay and buy. Im not buying HM901s because Im waiting for X7 :xf_eek:) ...

Thats already FiiO sucess, and device is not even there yet.

Look does matter.

Mar 5, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #2,863 of 18,020

How can I explain blind how colors look like...

The OLED second screen has not only stunning look but also saves battery life, the player does not stay in pocket only I like to use that screen in times its is in pocket too. I like apart from excellent audio to have very excellent look too and I pay for it - PRO means no compromises and full quality stack. For others "pure sound" may be enough but I like to have extra features that make it much better than any competition. If you are such a purist - buy that german player with size of matches (riddiculous price and mizerable sq for money). I like also to be able to connect some of modern remotes via bluetooth or other protocols. The second screen is awesome solution for pocket carrying and power saving (actually that oled screen is enough itself).
I also love to have robust, excellent metal body with best possible finish so it feels like a silk in hand and is very durable, not like that plastique hm901.

It is a nonsense to limit yourself - if it can be better - it should, people will pay and buy. Im not buying HM901s because Im waiting for X7 :xf_eek:) ...

Thats already FiiO sucess, and device is not even there yet.

Look does matter.

No you don't get it. As already establlished there is a budget limit around $699. 

I know what an OLED is but for the relevant application we are discussing in this thread does not merit it's use at least for now. Unless it's as cheap as common IPS panel then I'm all for it. How long do you stare on your DAP's screen when you listen to music? OLED's battery life advantage is moot on this application. 

If you can add all the bling you mention without "compromising" the features that matter most on DAP and fits the target budget then I won't argue that. 

Mar 5, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #2,864 of 18,020
Yeah, SQ in first order of course, but its obvious. The price is unknow yet, its "around" 700 but I dont want James to try to fit into that and make average device, I hope it will cost extra if its necessary to bring the excellence :xf_eek:)

Mar 6, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #2,865 of 18,020
I think that all the semantic bickering regarding 'pro' is just silly.

It's just a way to express the kind of quality that is found in equipment made for the genuinely professional market.

You'll be fighting over 'prosumer' next.

I dont want a second screen myself.
Mostly because I can't convince myself that any of the arguments in favour of it aren't pointless justifications.
If I have one screen, why would I want another costly, delicate feature that forces me to flip my device over onto it's main screen (risking scratching)to use?

As others have said, we won't be buying this thing to read War And Peace on, so there's no real pressing need for a space hungry, scratchable, resource hogging feature.
Get rid of it, and use the budget/space saved to include a feature that actually adds functionality, or use the savings to improve SQ, storage or battery life.

YES YES, I know hardware has almost certainly been finalised, but if (IF) most of FiiO's potential customers are put off by any part of the design, they'd be mad not to re-think, even at a very late stage in the production cycle.

SQ reports will have to be stellar to hook me in now, even though the X7 is only one of very few upcoming devices that will work with streaming services (my own killer feature after general SQ).

Even though I hate stacking and the associated cables I've just gone ahead and bought the ibasso D-Zero mkII to see if I can be bothered with all the faffing around. (SQ is great btw, USB cable and handling two devices on the go is a real PITA so far)

Please FiiO, consider ditching the second screen (and going back to the proto design, I agree that they're unique enough to 'belong' to FiiO), then I'll reconsider purchasing the X7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back