FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Oct 29, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #15,001 of 18,020
Guys, a little help concerning this latest FW for who already upgraded...

Some people reported problems reading tracks from 200Gb card, is this confirmed? I want to install FW 3.0.4 but if this is a new problem, I'll wait.
I don't want flash again a previous FW, I am at 3.0.3

TIA
Regards

I tried flashing the zip and the ota update and in each case media scan wouldn't scan the card properly.  I know another member tried a 1TB drive and had similar results.  Hopefully others with cards or drives larger than 128GB's can chime in.

Oct 29, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #15,002 of 18,020
I tried flashing the zip and the ota update and in each case media scan wouldn't scan the card properly.  I know another member tried a 1TB drive and had similar results.  Hopefully others with cards or drives larger than 128GB's can chime in.

Just to confirm, those cards were working fine with 3.0.3 or had problems already? I don't have a problem reading the 200Gb card since 1st X7 firmware, as long as it was formatted using ExFAT.
Regards

Oct 29, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #15,003 of 18,020
Just to confirm, those cards were working fine with 3.0.3 or had problems already? I don't have a problem reading the 200Gb card since 1st X7 firmware, as long as it was formatted using ExFAT.
Regards

My sandisk 200GB worked somewhat in 3.03 (wouldn't scan more than 6289 songs.  Known issue with FiiO) however, in 3.04 I couldn't get it to scan more than about 300 songs.  In FW2.0 media scanner worked flawlessly.

Oct 29, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #15,004 of 18,020
My sandisk 200GB worked somewhat in 3.03 (wouldn't scan more than 6289 songs.  Known issue with FiiO) however, in 3.04 I couldn't get it to scan more than about 300 songs.  In FW2.0 media scanner worked flawlessly.

Thanks. anyone else with same problem on Sandisk formatted ExFat? Damned, I was so enthusiastic to try next FW... ;(

Oct 29, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #15,006 of 18,020
  seems it is a wrong decision to release the beta firmware to public.  I think the best way is just open to some users so they can help us and other users, and them people can wait for a stable firmware. 

Actually James I think you are correct with this - and I for my part apologise because I haven't been able to help much simply due to bad timing (we've had our largest customers here, and are in the middle of budgets).  Another time of the year, and I would have been able to give proper feedback.

For a roll out like this - a dozen testers, using an app like "Slack" to discuss and give feedback on each iteration, and I think you'd achieve a pretty decent upgrade in around a 2 month window. But don't be discouraged.  Within 4 beta releases you have already made huge strides, and it has been pretty stable for me.  In another 2 weeks I can start giving you some decent feedback.

Oct 29, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #15,007 of 18,020
  upgrade to this from a e17k or is the difference minuscule

E17K is a DAC/amp, X7 is a DAP - so its kind of hard to answer that question

Oct 29, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #15,014 of 18,020
I completely understand, and respect James' decision (as far as it is a decision, seems more like a thought at this point?)

I'll be happy to see only mainline issues mentioned in this thread, instead of 10s of people who don't know the difference between beta and release.

@JamesFiiO, I would suggest sending betas to a specific group of people, then when you have a Release Candidate, send it to a larger group of users, finetune, and finally have the release for everybody to use.

this way you should be able to ensure that FiiO will look better to the public, and it keeps a tighter control of bugs.

Furthermore, I would suggest to make available the backlog of bugs that have been registered and will be looked into. that makes it easier for the beta testers to see if they can contribute to another bugreport, or if it's a known issue already.

Oct 29, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #15,015 of 18,020
  I completely understand, and respect James' decision (as far as it is a decision, seems more like a thought at this point?)

I'll be happy to see only mainline issues mentioned in this thread, instead of 10s of people who don't know the difference between beta and release.

@JamesFiiO, I would suggest sending betas to a specific group of people, then when you have a Release Candidate, send it to a larger group of users, finetune, and finally have the release for everybody to use.

this way you should be able to ensure that FiiO will look better to the public, and it keeps a tighter control of bugs.

Furthermore, I would suggest to make available the backlog of bugs that have been registered and will be looked into. that makes it easier for the beta testers to see if they can contribute to another bugreport, or if it's a known issue already.

Thanks , we will consider it and get back to you guy in next week when we back to work. I think it is necessary cause even in the future we will keep updating the firmware quite frencency. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back