FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.06beta-2.07beta download and discussion: all sorts of sorting improvements!
Jul 14, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #62 of 189
Yep :) Got a question for you guys, I remember some of you made monster playlists containing thousands of songs as test cases. What is the max number of songs on a list that you've found to work? How responsive (or not) is the X5 after the initial loading, on the latest firmware?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 14, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #63 of 189
Yep
smily_headphones1.gif
Got a question for you guys, I remember some of you made monster playlists containing thousands of songs as test cases. What is the max number of songs on a list that you've found to work? How responsive (or not) is the X5 after the initial loading, on the latest firmware?

My largest is around 2500 and it takes a while to load (30s to 1min) during which time the player looks frozen. After that though I've had no noticeable change to performance. For me though, using a playlist means I'm setting it up and then leaving it playing so it could be slower and I'm just not seeing it.

PS this all refers to externally created playlists 

Jul 15, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #64 of 189
Since I have installed FW 2.06 and then FW2.07, I have noticed that tracks on albums having more than one volume are not sorted correctly when browsing the library. In previous versions of the FW it seemed that tracks were sorted according their file name. Now, for a given album, tracks are sorted according to their track number tag but the disc number tag is not taken into account. The result is that you have tracks one of volume one and two then tracks two for volume one and two and so on…
I like the fact that track’s metadata is being used to sort the songs but Disc Number tag should be used.  My workaround when I want to play a multi-volume album in order, assuming you have labelled the file names correctly, is browsing by folder.
One final note, all my files in FLAC (it might not be happening with mp3…)

Jul 16, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #65 of 189
Joe,

Is there a way to add a slight darker background to the audio file display specs area? The display which shows the frequency and bitrate of the audio file while the first few seconds of the file begin to play.

I have many album covers which are more on the lighter side, and the audio properties cannot be viewed. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 16, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #67 of 189
  +1 would appreciate this very much. A function  (maybe in the upper left button) to view it again would be useful, too!

Yes. Being able to see the song info later (maybe via the shortcut button as you said) would be great!!

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #68 of 189
Yep :) Got a question for you guys, I remember some of you made monster playlists containing thousands of songs as test cases. What is the max number of songs on a list that you've found to work? How responsive (or not) is the X5 after the initial loading, on the latest firmware?

Just tried the playlist thing, works perfectly with 3428 tracks, on two 64GB cards, in a single m3u playlist, tagged with that m3u tag. Had a bit of a hiccup prior to me rescanning my library...

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #70 of 189
Is there a way to play a folder (including its sub-folders) ?

This way I wouldn't have to make and update a playlist for every folder.

You could just load the files into foobar, export a playlist, open in notepad, find "replace" in menu, and change the drive:/ to TF1:/ or TF2:/ however, if you're on any form of unix system, i can't help you sadly...

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #71 of 189
You could just load the files into foobar, export a playlist, open in notepad, find "replace" in menu, and change the drive:/ to TF1:/ or TF2:/ however, if you're on any form of unix system, i can't help you sadly...

MP3Tag creates nice m3u files with relative paths wich works with the FiiO X5. However, everytime I add or change a file, I have to regenerate all my playlists.

For instance:
My folder structure is such as: Genre\Artist\Album\Track - title.mp3
So I have: House\David Vendetta\Rendez Vous\

Now suppose I buy another album from this artist called "Vendetta collection" which has 2 folders CD1 and CD2.
I have to create 1 playlist Vendetta.m3u for when I want to listen this album
refresh my playlist David Vendetta.m3u for when I want to play this artist (I cannot chose play by artist because there are several collaborations so the author tags varies)
and refresh my playlist House.m3u for when I want to shuffle house tracks.

If I could just play by folder (including subfolders) I have no playlist to create. I just select the folder House when I want to play House, etc...

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #72 of 189
MP3Tag creates nice m3u files with relative paths wich works with the FiiO X5. However, everytime I add or change a file, I have to regenerate all my playlists.

For instance:

My folder structure is such as: Genre\Artist\Album\Track - title.mp3

So I have: House\David Vendetta\Rendez Vous\

Now suppose I buy another album from this artist called "Vendetta collection" which has 2 folders CD1 and CD2.

I have to create 1 playlist Vendetta.m3u for when I want to listen this album

refresh my playlist David Vendetta.m3u for when I want to play this artist (I cannot chose play by artist because there are several collaborations so the author tags varies)

and refresh my playlist House.m3u for when I want to shuffle house tracks.

If I could just play by folder (including subfolders) I have no playlist to create. I just select the folder House when I want to play House, etc...

You could try using 101 102 103 104 for tracks on album 1, then 201 202 203 204 for track on disc 2. I do it this way and have them in a single folder...

What program do you use for tagging?

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #73 of 189

Doesn't playing by genre from the library achieve just that?
Edit: Assuming all your files are correctly tagged as well as sorted into folders.
You could try using 101 102 103 104 for tracks on album 1, then 201 202 203 204 for track on disc 2. I do it this way and have them in a single folder...

What program do you use for tagging?

Yes, this is one of the requirements when copying music to the card - I have it automated in Foobar.
It would be much better if the firmware would recognise the Discnumber tag - long outstanding bugzilla item.

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #74 of 189
When I rip an album with more than 1 CD I get the tracks numbered:
1-01
1-02
2-01
2-02

When I play the album the X5 V2.07 ignores the algum digit and plays:
1-01
2-01
1-02
2-02

It would be nice if we go back to V2.02 and get it organized by album.
Since I only play albuns, I've created another folder for CD2 and play it from folder...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back