Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 11, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #4,652 of 15,899
​ The leap from 1.0 to 1.1.1 was really evident but this update is not showing me anything. Somewhere a tech is reading initial feedback and feeling the burn. I'm sure a lot of time went into the improvements but they must be under the hood stuff mostly because the lyric and album art seems same as before. I wonder where Fiio gets the lyric database and if any other users read this and search for Pink Floyd "Time" are you getting Asian options in Europe and in America or is the database related to region. I think some of the lyric sources are free and enormous. I used to use Music Bee and I could select which source to search for my lyrics from.

That would be cool.
I am happy with the active FW update activity anyway.

i think for the next update Fioo coders should focus on stability and core components instead of gadget features like album art and lyrics. Had Fiio Music crashing twice again today and even playing the wrong track from single flac file with cue file. I miss the rock solid stability from X5 ii, Android is a mess.

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #4,653 of 15,899

​Or, what is the best music player / file manager to install on my Windows PC & the Android Fiio X5(iii)? I can leave my old I-pod with iTunes (the I-pod is about full) and then move forward with future-proof storage on the X5 and any new software as the Fiio app is just a basic player. I'm happy to buy new license but I would prefer to buy new S/w on your recommendation of it working seamlessly on both platforms.

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #4,654 of 15,899

​Or, what is the best music player / file manager to install on my Windows PC & the Android Fiio X5(iii)? I can leave my old I-pod with iTunes (the I-pod is about full) and then move forward with future-proof storage on the X5 and any new software as the Fiio app is just a basic player. I'm happy to buy new license but I would prefer to buy new S/w on your recommendation of it working seamlessly on both platforms.

Foobar2000 is the best for Windows.

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #4,656 of 15,899
i think for the next update Fioo coders should focus on stability and core components instead of gadget features like album art and lyrics. Had Fiio Music crashing twice again today and even playing the wrong track from single flac file with cue file. I miss the rock solid stability from X5 ii, Android is a mess.

​I just need them to make importing Playlists from my PC quick & seamless.

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #4,657 of 15,899

I personally like Musicbee. Foobar has a pretty high learning curve.

I don't have a x5iii by the way. I currently use a iBasso DX80, and have had no issues syncing music and playlists. It can even resize album art on the fly while syncing.

Edit: whoops, accidentally hit send before I was done.

Mar 11, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #4,658 of 15,899
Someone mentioned being able to see an indication that the X5III is using the fast charge mode. Where is that displayed. I have a few version 2 and 3 fast chargers. I can't get to a place where fast charging is indicted. In the battery screen is simply says: Charging On AC..

I haven't timed a recharge, and though I think it is using fast charge mode, I would like to see that the unit thinks it is using the fast charge mode.

Mar 11, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #4,660 of 15,899
  Someone mentioned being able to see an indication that the X5III is using the fast charge mode. Where is that displayed. I have a few version 2 and 3 fast chargers. I can't get to a place where fast charging is indicted. In the battery screen is simply says: Charging On AC..

I haven't timed a recharge, and though I think it is using fast charge mode, I would like to see that the unit thinks it is using the fast charge mode.

I have seen it in the lock screen when it is charging with a QC 2.0 charger

Mar 11, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #4,662 of 15,899
  Hi jeffhawke,

Can I connect X5 3 line out to iDSD BL 3.5 input to pair?

What do you mean by "pair"? You can connect the X5-3 to the BL 3.5mm input to use the BL as an amp

Mar 11, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #4,663 of 15,899

mine indicates fast charging when charging with my quickcharge 3 charger

Mar 11, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #4,664 of 15,899
But what if you build a device which pairs seamlessly with the mobile phone in order to handle the audio and your phone is just the UI? 

You mean something like this? http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-opus-opus-11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back