Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 2, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #3,736 of 15,897
As for Viper, main issue for me not it's price. It's pretty inconvenient payment model. To pay you have to use PayPal, so it's a multi-step task:
- activate necessary effect, select PayPal, wait about 5 seconds
- scan appeared QR code with smartphone (yep, you'll need a smartphone for that) and go to PayPal site
- enter password there (luckily I have 1Password, but without it, it would be a pain in the …)
- repeat for each separate effect

And now, surprise. I'm using Fiio X7 too, so, I'm not only having to pay twice (and may be more, if new players will come out), but I have to repeat those annoying steps more and more times.
Actually, Viper effects are really good, and I like some of them with particular tracks, but I'd luckily pay $10 more for DAP, but avoid all that ridiculous movements.
And definitely I'd like to activate them for all my devices via single "lifetime" purchase, as it usually done for mobile apps.

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #3,738 of 15,897
As for Viper, main issue for me not it's price. It's pretty inconvenient payment model. To pay you have to use PayPal, so it's a multi-step task:
- activate necessary effect, select PayPal, wait about 5 seconds
- scan appeared QR code with smartphone (yep, you'll need a smartphone for that) and go to PayPal site
- enter password there (luckily I have 1Password, but without it, it would be a pain in the …)
- repeat for each separate effect

And now, surprise. I'm using Fiio X7 too, so, I'm not only having to pay twice (and may be more, if new players will come out), but I have to repeat those annoying steps more and more times.
Actually, Viper effects are really good, and I like some of them with particular tracks, but I'd luckily pay $10 more for DAP, but avoid all that ridiculous movements.
And definitely I'd like to activate them for all my devices via single "lifetime" purchase, as it usually done for mobile apps.

Yeah thats off-putting.
Why did Fiio even do that. They should have just had a one payment option to unlock premium features.
I will probably just pay for Neutron player and use that instead. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #3,739 of 15,897
Heres a update for adorama.

If you didn't preorder, you will be put on "backorder" I try to cancel my titanium and get a black one but the cs told be that they don't have enough stock to fulfill all the orders. They shouldn't have put "in stock" on their site.

Guess I'll be using a titanium.

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #3,740 of 15,897
Why are Fiio only sending small batches out.
its annoying! What makes me feel like canceling AMP3 and getting from AVShop is AMP3 say more stock 15th but AVShop state 20th. I do hope AMP3 is correct and I get a black edition on 16th.

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #3,742 of 15,897
For those who ordered through skybygramophone, has the tracking information gone past pre-shipment? Little confused as to if USPS is just way slower than normal or if they've actually shipped it out yet.

Yes, I received my tracking number yesterday morning and it showed up as having arrived at the USPS Origin office in Maryland on the USPS tracking page late in the evening. This afternoon it passed thru Springfield, MA and is on its way to my local USPS office. The USPS tracker is showing an expected delivery for tomorrow.

pat----

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #3,743 of 15,897
Yes, I received my tracking number yesterday morning and it showed up as having arrived at the USPS Origin office in Maryland on the USPS tracking page late in the evening. This afternoon it passed thru Springfield, MA and is on its way to my local USPS office. The USPS tracker is showing an expected delivery for tomorrow.

pat----

Thanks. Hopefully everything went well with the shipment 
redface.gif

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #3,745 of 15,897

Canceled mine with B&H Photo. They said it will be the middle of the month and don't know how many they will get. Bad way to do business Fiio. Already have a X3 and X5ii so not to worried about getting this one.Use my Phone more than anything, Maybe I'll wait for a good high quality sounding phone.

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #3,746 of 15,897
Now I have two things to explore at the same time. Gosh! What a hard life Pinky leads.

FiiO X5-3 > Noble Kaiser Encore

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #3,747 of 15,897
  Canceled mine with B&H Photo. They said it will be the middle of the month and don't know how many they will get. Bad way to do business Fiio. Already have a X3 and X5ii so not to worried about getting this one.Use my Phone more than anything, Maybe I'll wait for a good high quality sounding phone.

sorry, the shipment meet some problem in the Customs so we have to reship again.  and we don't expect there are so many order for the X5III but we already try our best to produce enough stock for our agents. BTW, we still have not enough worker cause the CNY. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 2, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #3,748 of 15,897

LG V10 and V20 come to mind as good sounding phones (but I'm sure that isn't a universal assessment of them). I just went Bluetooth headphones myself for any portable/mobile use and the sound quality is excellent so I haven't needed a separate DAP for a while (although I would try the X5III).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back