Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 2, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #3,706 of 15,897
Mar 2, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #3,709 of 15,897

Yes, I'm rather hiss and noise sensitive. I want perfect black silence :)

Makes two of us. With tinnitus you already have hiss, worse sometimes than others, compound that with hiss in your gear it makes it difficult.

I prefer to use balanced output when available and you had issue with balanced.

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #3,710 of 15,897

Well as I said above, none of real note in SE, only balanced and that's with one of the most sensitive IEM's going while listening to soft classical with lots of quiet passages. Can hear breathing, distant coughs and even the occasional spit noise from parting lips, but not noticing hiss during the piece. Others may be more sensitive than me.

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #3,711 of 15,897
me too, my Hugo, mojo, cowon and Centrance are silent between the music.

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #3,712 of 15,897
So if you don't actually shut down does the X5 act just like a phone in standby using minimal power? Is the blue light meant to be on all the time?

Also @FiiO

Any feedback on the wireless remote controls not working which I posted on here yesterday & sent you a PM ?

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #3,713 of 15,897
  So if you don't actually shut down does the X5 act just like a phone in standby using minimal power? Is the blue light meant to be on all the time?

Also @FiiO

Any feedback on the wireless remote controls not working which I posted on here yesterday & sent you a PM ?

There's a deep sleep mode so you don't have to reboot the device all the time (which is a long process) but yeah if someone that owns the device could answer this, i'm interested to know how the battery behaves in deep sleep (for example, how much % of battery does it drain in a night ? )

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #3,714 of 15,897

Also @FiiO

There's a deep sleep mode so you don't have to reboot the device all the time (which is a long process) but yeah if someone that owns the device could answer this, i'm interested to know how the battery behaves in deep sleep (for example, how much % of battery does it drain in a night ? )

Well I have it now so will do that test over night.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #3,716 of 15,897
I'm using it

Also @FiiO

I'm using it with my PM3 with the Android cable, the remote controls work as expected, 1 click plays and pauses, 2 clicks next song and three clicks previous song

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #3,717 of 15,897
  I'm using it

I'm using it with my PM3 with the Android cable, the remote controls work as expected, 1 click plays and pauses, 2 clicks next song and three clicks previous song

It does that with the iPhone control centre button on my Klipsch X10i's but the proper Android cables for my SE846's that work fine with Samsung/Sony phones does nothing on the X5III. Cheapo earphones with controls/mic supplied with Samsung phones also does nothing.

Could @Fiio please clarify what should work? Is it just the centre button on iPhone cable controllers. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #3,718 of 15,897

Its a different sound signature so will depend on what you prefer.

ok thanks psikey i just cant justify keeping the Sony ZX2 it cost me a lot of money and i was thinking of selling it anyway ...so the x5 will suit me fine 

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #3,719 of 15,897
I have caved in and bought one of these today. it just seems that it will give me everything i want plus more.  Wife will not be pleased!  Last week I was going to spend about £100....

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #3,720 of 15,897
  The new review by Headfonia for the X5 3rd gen : http://www.headfonia.com/review-fiio-x5iii-3rd-generation-the-one-that-could/

Thank you for sharing.

On page 3, they print that "It (X7) is faster in general usage and it updates the library faster as well" (than X5 III) ... "The X7 is faster and more reactive."
confused_face_2.gif

Don't both X7 and X5 III share the same CPU (Rockchip RK3188), same amount of RAM (1 GB), and same Android version ?

Why is there a such difference ?

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back