Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 16, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #2,660 of 15,899
I never look st it. To me its not there. See the power of a controlled mind?

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #2,661 of 15,899
I never look st it. To me its not there. See the power of a controlled mind?

biggrin.gif
  I know exactly what you mean 

Feb 16, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #2,663 of 15,899
"Put 'em on the glass" is always the right choice.

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #2,664 of 15,899
  Is there no way to avoid Android altogether and still allow third party streaming services to be hosted on a DAP? It seems to me that the significant number of bugs that are constantly cropping up are due to Android. So if you are essentially saying most people aren't really using the DAP as an Android device, that begs the question why use Android? I'm sure it is very complicated and I'm grossly over-simplifying things, but I do wonder what the attraction to Android is if your primary use is simply audio?

Edit: for the record I can see there being a strategic reason as moving forward having your device be a multi-function device is likely a better survival strategy so perhaps I have answered my own question.

Spot on. A DAP for me will be purely for music playback but these days that must include streaming services (Spotify/Tidal for me).

If the manufacturers could bring out an DAP without Android that can still use streaming services then that would be great, but I'd assume the limitation is Spotify/Tidal themselves and what OS's they will support. Tizan can play Spotify but I think that's a Samsung exclusive OS.

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #2,665 of 15,899
I'm so jelly!

Maiden was the first concert I shelled-out my own hard-earned money for at the tender age of 15. It was the Somewhere In Time tour. Yngwie Malmsteen opened. Super sweet concert. I'd love to see them again, but they never come to my area
frown.gif

\m/ UP THE IRONS \m/

Lucky you, this is considered to be the best tour they ever made. I started to see them on No prayer...

@cleg: what do you mean by reduced DR on remastered version ?

back to X5iii: how does android based DAP evolve with time ? We see android phones becoming slower overtime, is it the same with DAPs ?
how do we switch between normal mode and pure music mode ? do we need to reboot ?
With the new firmaware can it be used as external DAP yet ?

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #2,666 of 15,899
  Lucky you, this is considered to be the best tour they ever made. I started to see them on No prayer...

back to X5iii: how does android based DAP evolve with time ? We see android phones becoming slower overtime, is it the same with DAPs ?
how do we switch between normal mode and pure music mode ? do we need to reboot ?

Well the SonyZX1 still works and that's been out a few years now and still working with Tidal/Spotify (unless something changed recently) and I think that's only on Android 4.4.2 so I'd think we should get at least 3 years trouble free out of the FIIO X5III Android 5 for streaming stuff and much longer for just playback of local files.

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #2,667 of 15,899

Mine is a few weeks old, No slowing down issues yet.
You can switch by dragging the notification bar, there is a dedicated shortcut for it, no need to restart.
If you are asking if it can be used as an external DAC? Yes it can!

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #2,668 of 15,899

Well the SonyZX1 still works and that's been out a few years now and still working with Tidal/Spotify (unless something changed recently) and I think that's only on Android 4.4.2 so I'd think we should get at least 3 years trouble free out of the FIIO X5III Android 5 for streaming stuff and much longer for just playback of local files.

Yep, and I guess you could just turn off automatic app updates.

Feb 16, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #2,670 of 15,899
So I'm trying this double side adhesive paper (tape)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back