FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
May 14, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #316 of 7,088
From the picture it looks like the cable that came with my unit, but mine just has a single (mono?) female RCA connector at the «amp» end, so is just usable as digital cable.

I'd contact FiiO, they're very good about their accessories.

May 14, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #317 of 7,088

From the picture it looks like the cable that came with my unit, but mine just has a single (mono?) female RCA connector at the «amp» end, so is just usable as digital cable.

I think that this is how it was meant to be. I think that you are supposed to use the cables that come with your amps, not the ones that come with it, as they are like they were with the original x5, for using it as a transport. At least, this is how i understand it from the pictures.

How does it sound BTW?

How does the DAC sound, compared to x5?

May 14, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #318 of 7,088
Is the initial firmware already available somewhere online?

Also: really hoping the way the power is regulated makes all the hiss go away. That way my E12DIY is out of business :)

May 14, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #319 of 7,088

Also: really hoping the way the power is regulated makes all the hiss go away. That way my E12DIY is out of business
smily_headphones1.gif

I also really want all the hiss stopped, would mean a world of a difference for me, as i will be able to use without having to carry a stack.

May 14, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #320 of 7,088

Also: really hoping the way the power is regulated makes all the hiss go away. That way my E12DIY is out of business :)

I also really want all the hiss stopped, would mean a world of a difference for me, as i will be able to use without having to carry a stack.

Currently i always carry
-ipad mini
-oneplus one
-x5
-e12diy
-metal case for IEMs
-iems
-koss portapro

Anything i could trim down on would be welcome :p

May 14, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #321 of 7,088

What hiss? Using my IEMs, 17 Ohm and 117db efficiency I hear no hiss.

May 14, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #322 of 7,088
What hiss? Using my IEMs, 17 Ohm and 117db efficiency I hear no hiss.

With x5 first generation I get lots of hiss with both sennheiser ie8 at 16 omh, and i stll hear it with ultrasone dj one pro at 64 ohm. I guess that not everybody hears the same, and some iems and headphones are affected differently. I also listen at VERY low volumes, i think that most people simply do not notice it as it is inaudible at high volumes 
biggrin.gif

I resolved the situation by carrying e12a with me, but i would really like x5II if it would not have anymore hiss at very low volumes ^_^.

EDIT!::

In fact, when i listened at high volumes, i never understood what people were talking about with hiss, i never got any kind of hiss before trying very low volumes, so for most people, even if it has, i think that it is fine.

Also, i want to know if x5II is better than x5 as a DAC, even if i will have to use e12a, i want to know if it is worth, from a SQ point of view to carry it. If it acts better as a DAC it is enough reason for me to buy one!

May 14, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #324 of 7,088
Yeah, music at low volume, with a very "black" background has it most noticeable. But i had it with all quiet pieces with my GR10 (and my GR10e)

May 14, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #326 of 7,088
I'd contact FiiO, they're very good about their accessories.

Thanks! – But actually I don't really need the line out cable, it would just satisfy my curiosity. On the go I exclusively use its headphone out, at home it would be its S/PDIF out (for the Hugo).

I think that this is how it was meant to be. I think that you are supposed to use the cables that come with your amps, not the ones that come with it, as they are like they were with the original x5, for using it as a transport. At least, this is how i understand it from the pictures.

How does it sound BTW? How does the DAC sound, compared to x5?

Yes, that's a plausible explanation. So is the 4-pole plug a standard for portable gear? (Maybe a silly question, but I don't own a smartphone.)

I like the sound of the X3 II a lot, but due to the lack of the line cable can't compare its DAC to the X5's.
frown.gif

Weird, I listen at low-ish volumes and don't notice hiss with my DAPs. Maybe I'm just not sensitive to it...

I also don't notice any hiss on my X5, even at low volumes.

May 14, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #327 of 7,088
I have the X5II here. Time to listen and to let it run in. 

May 14, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #328 of 7,088

Users who are viewing this thread

Back