FiiO R7 All-In-One Desktop Android HiFi Music Player Discussion & Impressions Thread
Feb 3, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #1,038 of 1,092
@FiiO have confirmed that the R9 and R7 will get android 12
Yep! I've read/heard that else where as well! Hoping Fiio's team would have a little update as to when we'll see Android 12, for the R7 & R9 ready for public release. I understand software testing can take time (take all the time you need, Fiio!); but would be keen to hear if there's any ETA at all :wink:

Feb 4, 2024 at 2:47 AM Post #1,039 of 1,092
Yep! I've read/heard that else where as well! Hoping Fiio's team would have a little update as to when we'll see Android 12, for the R7 & R9 ready for public release. I understand software testing can take time (take all the time you need, Fiio!); but would be keen to hear if there's any ETA at all :wink:
Dear friend,

We could not tell the ETA currently. But we will try to update when Android 12 is stable enough.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 18, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #1,040 of 1,092
Hello to everybody.
I bought the Fiio R7 to listen as a music player. I listen to it through headphones and I have a 4 TB external SSD disk with music connected. And now I'm thinking of buying some speakers for listening. Fio does make SP3 active speakers, but they don't have a line input, nor are they wireless. Or I have the opportunity to buy a wireless KEF LSX at a good price, so I'm wondering if and how to connect this wirelessly if I put them at the other end of the living room. About 4 meters from the source.
1) Can I connect KEF and Fiio via WiFi?
2) If so, how, via ROON?
3) Is it still necessary to somehow enable R7 in the settings or install something?
Thanks a lot for any advice.

Feb 18, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #1,041 of 1,092
Hello to everybody.
I bought the Fiio R7 to listen as a music player. I listen to it through headphones and I have a 4 TB external SSD disk with music connected. And now I'm thinking of buying some speakers for listening. Fio does make SP3 active speakers, but they don't have a line input, nor are they wireless. Or I have the opportunity to buy a wireless KEF LSX at a good price, so I'm wondering if and how to connect this wirelessly if I put them at the other end of the living room. About 4 meters from the source.
1) Can I connect KEF and Fiio via WiFi?
2) If so, how, via ROON?
3) Is it still necessary to somehow enable R7 in the settings or install something?
Thanks a lot for any advice.
Wireless speakers will completely waste the benefits of the high end audio hardware in the R7. Please consider a wired solution, despite the additional hassle of running the cables.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 3:19 AM Post #1,042 of 1,092
Thank you for answer. And what mini speakers would you recommend? You Fiio SP3? Or others? And also how to engage them? So that I can listen to music from the speakers at the same time and music from the speakers after switching? Connect, for example, RJ45?
Thanks for your advice.

Feb 19, 2024 at 5:20 AM Post #1,043 of 1,092
Thank you for answer. And what mini speakers would you recommend? You Fiio SP3? Or others? And also how to engage them? So that I can listen to music from the speakers at the same time and music from the speakers after switching? Connect, for example, RJ45?
Thanks for your advice.
What is the budget for the speakers?
I do not agree with the statement that wireless speakers cannot take advantage of the Fiio R7, but they are expensive.

Feb 19, 2024 at 5:46 AM Post #1,044 of 1,092
What is the budget for the speakers?
I do not agree with the statement that wireless speakers cannot take advantage of the Fiio R7, but they are expensive.
Just that I have the opportunity to buy a first generation KEF LSX for 500 euros. So the budget plus minus the 500 Euros.

Feb 19, 2024 at 5:47 AM Post #1,045 of 1,092
The key question is whether YOUR ears can actually detect a difference between wired/wireless! There's buckets of snake oil in the audiophonic world! The only effective way to choose is a real world comparison. Or try sale or return...

Feb 19, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #1,047 of 1,092
Just that I have the opportunity to buy a first generation KEF LSX for 500 euros. So the budget plus minus the 500 Euros.
The original LSX is on sale in many places, as the LSX II has taken over.
In that price range, I would give the LSX a try, but be sure that you can return them, if you should end up not liking them.
Also, they are not truly wireless, as you need to run connection cables to the Master speaker.
Alternatively, you could look at aktive studio monitors, and run these direct of the R7, if you can live with the cables.

Feb 19, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #1,048 of 1,092
Hi,

Would like to ask 3 questions :

- 1°) can you confirm that you are working on a firmware upgrade that will allo the R7 to be used as an "independent" renderer to be remotely controlled with thrid party software like BubbleUPnP or mConnect or Symfonium ;
- 2°) if so, what is the priority level of this feature ?
- 3°) can you give an ETA for this feature (more or less) ?

That will allow me to decide if I should save to get it and how much time I have to do so :wink:

Regards.
Hi, what exactly do you mean by "to be remotely controlled"..? Speaking about mConnect, I am able to remotely browse R7 (Browser -> Local Server) and play selected music (Play to). Maybe not the easiest way, but it works...

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #1,050 of 1,092

Users who are viewing this thread

Back