FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Jan 27, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #856 of 3,739
Quote:
I have the M-Audio Q40 and I bought them on recommendation from here.
smily_headphones1.gif
The problem is I'm not very knowledgeable about amps or headphones and the E11 is the only one I've owned. The bass boost is great with the headphones and I wouldn't be happy if I bought something and the bass was shy of what the E11 puts out. The E12 looks amazing but as its been pointed out I think I would be disappointed with the amount of bass unfortunately. I've found I like a quite dark bassy sound and I don't like harsh treble. It's difficult for me to choose another product and I'd want something similar to the E11 with the same bass response and just improve the tightness/quality and have better battery life. I love the E11 but I know there is better amps but I just don't know the names of them.
tongue.gif

I have owned the Q40 and own the E11 and Z02.  For quality bass with a visceral punch, you can't do much better than Q40 paired with the E11.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #857 of 3,739
Chinese people like fads (hype). To be cool, to be in, to look wealthy. Always asking about brand and what happened and connections. It is predominantly built into our culture. Even the ones in America still have this. It is something Asians more or less do. It isn't bad, it isn't good. It is just a type of state that a group of demographically similar people with similar psychographs think. 

Don't kid yourself: thats pretty much universal. To me it looked as if you were describing my fellow brazilians. :wink:

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #860 of 3,739
In China, the thing is more  like a group of grazing sheep, they have not independent thinking. that maybe the only reason that there are so many insane thing only happened in China. for example, the Sony D50 is a very very popular DAP in China, but I notice is not so common in Western countries.

In America, we call this "keeping up with the Joneses," as in if the family Jones next door gets an iPhone and a 60" LED HDTV, soon all my neighbors will get an iPhone and a 60" HDTV or bigger. I think following the popular opinion is very evident on Head-Fi, as well.
In America, we do tend to celebrate rebels though, so we have both kinds of attitude :) It's funny though, because maybe a rebel will get an Android phone, and then everyone wants to be like the rebel :D

Msinfo,
[edit: too soon?]

Frenchjay,
Listening to the E12, I would say bass "quantity" and bass punch are very different. E12+Q701 = quite punchy and exciting bass (and mids/highs) in contrast to straight out from an iPod, but it does not change the balance of sound to the bass being forward from the rest of the range. I was playing Xbox with a Recon3D (virtual surround processor) + the E12 this morning, and Halo 4 had tons of visceral impact.

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #861 of 3,739
Quote:
Msinfo,
[edit: too soon?]

Actually, I don't think so.

http://www.miccastore.com/fiio-e12-mont-blanc-portable-headphone-amplifier-p-101.html

So, I guess... grab it while ya can?

I placed an order, in any case. Will compare it against the C&C BH. (which I'm loving a lot, so the E12 already has some fierce competition IMO)

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #862 of 3,739
^I followed msinfo's link, but then they took it down, I assume they did that for a reason. I already have one anyway :D

Someone asked me to compare that C&C amp on my unboxing video. I replied that I didn't know, but when I looked the amp up online (poor English description by the way, apparently the amp gives you "high fever potential") and tried to analyze from the limited specifications available. It's easy to see the C&C is a much less powerful amp, and the higher THD rating makes me suspect the E12 has a higher quality OPAMP. Based on reviews, I'd guess it would be in-between the E11 and E12 for quality (which makes sense for the price), but that's just subjective opinion and some may prefer the E11. Objectively, evidence suggests the E12 will have more power and less distortion than either C&C or the E11.

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #865 of 3,739
Really? It still loads the page for me.

Already out of stock, maybe? I probably grabbed the last unit then.

Edit: okay, I see what you mean. Yeah, they took the thread down for some reason.

Edit 2: I think I may have found out the reason. I placed the order, paid, and got a confirmation from PayPal, but I haven't received a confirmation from Micca, plus their website says I haven't placed any order. System not recognizing the E12 yet, maybe.

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #866 of 3,739
Yeah... I'm thinking the post was deleted because it was too soon. I edited my post to give them a chance to "undo," but the problem with the Internet is somebody always remembers :ninja:

On another note, I'm sure msinfo stands for "Micca Store Info," but it reads like Ms. info... Self-fulfilling prophecy? Just a temporary setback anyway, for sure.

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #868 of 3,739
Yeah, a big problem is that most people don't realize they would stay here so long so we just made random user names.

A few friends and I kinda regret the half second choice user names now. Asking a mod and getting alt text isn't really what I want either.

The Internet always remembers.
Who is this "we" you're referring to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back