[FiiO KA17] Mini desktop-class amp, flagship dongle is officially released!
Apr 29, 2024 at 12:10 AM Post #661 of 711
Maybe it’s an android limitation. Without exclusive mode the apps can’t change the sample rate.

“Android 14 gains support for lossless audio formats for audiophile-level experiences over USB wired headsets. You can query a USB device for its preferred mixer attributes, register a listener for changes in preferred mixer attributes, and configure mixer attributes using a new AudioMixerAttributesclass. It represents the format, such as channel mask, sample rate, and behavior of the audio mixer. The class allows for audio to be sent directly, without mixing, volume adjustment, or processing effects. We are working with our OEM partners to enable this feature in devices later this year.”

@XcElLeNcE do your iPhone changes the sample rate on the ka17 with different music?
I am using Amazon Music and my KA17 is on 192kHz even when I play 48kHz songs.
Yup. The KA17 does display changes according to different music sample rate.

Apr 30, 2024 at 2:48 AM Post #662 of 711
Apr 30, 2024 at 5:02 AM Post #664 of 711
Wondering if any other KA17 owner is seeing the same issues as i am when enabling the equalizer - USER1 custom. For reference, i am using FW v2.00 in the KA17, DAC v5.62 windows driver and/or APP v3.22 for android. I`m also using desktop mode - powered by power bank. Using 4.4mm balanced out and "High gain"

1st issue - Although the gain settings are relatively low on the adjusted frequencies, it seems to be distorting (low frequency) through my Oriveti OH700VB's. Reducing the global gain helps, but does not fully eradicate it, making it unlistenable. I`m also not playing the tracks loud. (about 60/120)

2nd issue - In addition, I am getting pops and clicks (like static) coming through when the equalizer is active periodically. All HiRes track frequencies. Note* If i reset all the frequencies to 0 gain, then re-actviate the equalizer, or switch to "Custom2" which is flat, i still hear the static periodically. Turning Equalizer off, the static disappears.

gain.png

Perhaps it is user error, but right now the equalizer function is unusable to me.

Any help or insight into what I'm doing wrong appreciated.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #666 of 711
I updated it from 0.99 to 2.00 but I was not aware to turn off the desktop mode as was suggested in the instructions, but the update was finished successfully. Should I be worried?

Apr 30, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #668 of 711
Similar experience. There's something wrong with the EQ implementation. It seemed to work fine while I was EQing my Elex but then suddenly something changed and everything sounded underwater.

I checked all the EQ values and nothing showed as having been accidentally adjusted but the sound remained messed up, despite unplugging/plugging and enabling and disabling the EQ.

May 1, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #670 of 711
I am trying to know how to turn off the KA17 or does it go to sleep mode when not in use? I am using it mainly as a desktop dac/amp and always connected to the laptop. I don't want it to be on when I am not at home or not using the laptop.

May 1, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #671 of 711
I am trying to know how to turn off the KA17 or does it go to sleep mode when not in use? I am using it mainly as a desktop dac/amp and always connected to the laptop. I don't want it to be on when I am not at home or not using the laptop.
There is no way to do it. I suggest to simply disconnect the KA17 from the USB cable when you're not going to use it or eventually shut down the PC when you're not home.

May 1, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #672 of 711

I use it with an always plugged-in Win 10 laptop, and it turns off immediately once the PC is shut down or sleeping and the power is cut at the power strip).
However, this only works with USB-A; despite my best efforts, the USB-C connection keeps it, and other dongles too, awake constantly.
As a side note, enabling USB Selective suspend setting might also help.

1.PNG

May 1, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #673 of 711
There is no way to do it. I suggest to simply disconnect the KA17 from the USB cable when you're not going to use it or eventually shut down the PC when you're not home.
Thanks for your reply. Here is how it's connected to my laptop. I have a dual monitor setup, the main monitor is connected to the laptop's Type C Thunderbolt port (USB 3.2 Gen2 +DisplayPort1.4+Power Delivery 140W) via a 40Gbps USB-C cable, the KA17 is connected to one of the USB ports of the monitor which gets the signal from the laptop through the USB-C cable. I am connecting the KA17 to the monitor's USB port because I don't need to disconnect it every time I take my laptop with me.

Or I need to find out if I can turn off the power of the monitors' USB ports when the monitor goes to sleep mode.

I hop FiiO can add an option to turn it off, or a feature to go to sleep mode when there is no signal for a period of time.

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #674 of 711

The new firmware V2.0 for KA17 is now available!​

9109457.jpg

Firmware download link and update instruction: Click here

Note:
1. When "Firmware upgrade finished successfully" appears in the computer, please replug the KA17 and wait for about 3 minutes. The KA17 will show "UPDATE OK" , indicating that the KA17 firmware has been upgraded successfully.
2. After upgrading in Windows computer, please install the latest version USB DAC Driver V5.62 or above: Click here
3. The new added control options are supported in latest version FIIO Control APP 3.22 or above. Android version download link: Click here
4. Link to control PEQ on the website of PC: Click here
5. Button instruction of three modes:
9109665.jpg
Hello, please, could you add an option to use volume buttons like in mode A, but pause button like in mode B or C? I personally want to use pause button for pause/stop, but I'd like to use volume buttons to control only volume both ways: with single and long press.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back