FiiO K7/K7BT Desktop DAC&Headphone AMP Discussion | XLR Balance | Dual THX AAA | Xmos | ...
Apr 11, 2023 at 10:08 PM Post #1,021 of 1,435
Got my K7 (from the new batch with the fixed 'sound drop' issue) last Monday and so far no problems at all.
Turned off the RGB lights altogether using the provided tool and FW files from FiiO support.
Can you tell me how to tell which batch my K7 is from? I don't recall getting any sound drops but I want to make sure I have a good unit. I purchased it around the 2nd week of March of this year.

Apr 11, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #1,022 of 1,435
Can you tell me how to tell which batch my K7 is from? I don't recall getting any sound drops but I want to make sure I have a good unit. I purchased it around the 2nd week of March of this year.
...I think you are wanting to know the revision version (if they even updated it) which can be found under the Info tab on the Fiio Control Panel. My previous K7 revision was 1.22 if memory serves me correct.

Apr 11, 2023 at 10:52 PM Post #1,023 of 1,435
...I think you are wanting to know the revision version (if they even updated it) which can be found under the Info tab on the Fiio Control Panel. My previous K7 revision was 1.22 if memory serves me correct.
Thanks for the info. Which revision version is the 'fixed' version?

Apr 12, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #1,024 of 1,435
Thanks for the info. Which revision version is the 'fixed' version?
Since I am waiting to replace my returned K7, I can not offer any (if any) updated revision number. Perhaps others who have stated they have received an updated K7 can chime in... (not ones who manually updated the XMOS with Fiio tool). Fiio said in a previous post that updating the XMOS will not change the revision number.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2023 at 1:51 AM Post #1,027 of 1,435
You can’t tell by yourself. You have to provide the serial number code (14 digits under the barcode on the side of the box) to the FiiO support and they will check in their system and tell you.
Revision is the same - 1.22

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #1,028 of 1,435
You can’t tell by yourself. You have to provide the serial number code (14 digits under the barcode on the side of the box) to the FiiO support and they will check in their system and tell you.
Revision is the same - 1.22
The end user can check. Go to taskbar, click on show hidden icons (if hidden) and/or right-click on Fiio Control panel and select show. Under "Info" tab, it will show the current device info.

Apr 14, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #1,032 of 1,435
Question, i want to use the K7 as a pre amplifier with a turntable, but i have to use the ground wire from the turntable; how or where may i connect the cable on the K7?

You'd have to ground it elsewhere as the K7 doesnt have a ground connection on it. Suspect a phono pre amp would come with one.

I'm using K7 with an LP5X and Amiron Home cans, its a bit quiet with the LP5X's built in amp so I've had to purchase a separate phono pre amp (Gone for a Schiit Mani 2). Hoping the gain is sufficient, its not arrived yet.

Not the fault of the K7, thats plenty loud enough.

Also to add, had mine since early Febuary and no issues with sound drops on either USB or line in, 6mm or 4.4 balanced. FWIW I didn't even install drivers, in fact windows doesnt even recognise the K7 yet works absolutely fine.

The light doesnt bother me, the volume delay is a minor irritation which I dont even notice now.

I'm pleased with the K7. I think its a bargain that will suit and exceed the needs of most people looking at a dac/amp in this price range and function, for me its attached to my PC and having the benefit of an easily switchable input to use with a turntable. It replaced my Xonar STX sound card (Which I still think is superb...)

That said I try keep a lid on the whole 'audiophile' thing else you end up splitting hairs with everything. £1000's spent for almost nothing in return. (a personality defect I'm sure affects us all on here, perhaps an engineering mindset that causes myself to look at the finer details of everything be it washing a car or listening to music).

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #1,035 of 1,435
You'd have to ground it elsewhere as the K7 doesnt have a ground connection on it. Suspect a phono pre amp would come with one.

I'm using K7 with an LP5X and Amiron Home cans, its a bit quiet with the LP5X's built in amp so I've had to purchase a separate phono pre amp (Gone for a Schiit Mani 2). Hoping the gain is sufficient, its not arrived yet.

Not the fault of the K7, thats plenty loud enough.

Also to add, had mine since early Febuary and no issues with sound drops on either USB or line in, 6mm or 4.4 balanced. FWIW I didn't even install drivers, in fact windows doesnt even recognise the K7 yet works absolutely fine.

The light doesnt bother me, the volume delay is a minor irritation which I dont even notice now.

I'm pleased with the K7. I think its a bargain that will suit and exceed the needs of most people looking at a dac/amp in this price range and function, for me its attached to my PC and having the benefit of an easily switchable input to use with a turntable. It replaced my Xonar STX sound card (Which I still think is superb...)

That said I try keep a lid on the whole 'audiophile' thing else you end up splitting hairs with everything. £1000's spent for almost nothing in return. (a personality defect I'm sure affects us all on here, perhaps an engineering mindset that causes myself to look at the finer details of everything be it washing a car or listening to music).
Thanks for the response. I just ordered a Fosi X2 preamp and i can´t wait to try it.

Mine (K7) just arrived 3 days ago and fortunately don't have issues as well. It's a really nice dac/amp and i use it on my pc to connect almost everything.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back