FiiO K7/K7BT Desktop DAC&Headphone AMP Discussion | XLR Balance | Dual THX AAA | Xmos | ...
Mar 19, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #961 of 1,435
It would also be great to cover this issue on your official resources. In particular, add a description of the problem with the drop in volume in the FAQ, for example, here: https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/779363.html, and indicate that a firmware update is required to solve this problem, and that you need to contact to technical support. It is also worth adding K7 to the general list on this page: https://forum.fiio.com/firmwareDown.do and also write that there may be a problem with a drop in volume and give contacts for contacting technical support.

I found two reviews from people who bought the K7 from your official store on AliExpress and complained about the problem with the volume drop, and these people do not know how to solve this problem. Therefore, I repeat, you should consecrate this problem on your official resources.

Once again. Most importantly, @FiiO, please check that this rare problem does not occur in your future devices, in particular the K7 BT. Test it well before you start selling.
I believe this is the first time it ever happened? and before that they already tested internally across China and recall all the device that had this issue, they might accidentally send those flaw product oversea, so far only handful (compared to worldwide sales) had this issue...

Mar 19, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #962 of 1,435
I believe this is the first time it ever happened? and before that they already tested internally across China and recall all the device that had this issue, they might accidentally send those flaw product oversea, so far only handful (compared to worldwide sales) had this issue...
Maybe you're right. I just want this not to happen again with the K7 BT, since I personally lack the charms of Bluetooth (and I don’t want to buy the BTA30 Pro separately). It will be great if the K7 BT works for everyone out of the box as is, without all these firmware updates and other things. I will be doubly offended if I buy a K7 BT in the future and it will have the same problem.

Mar 19, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #963 of 1,435
Maybe you're right. I just want this not to happen again with the K7 BT, since I personally lack the charms of Bluetooth (and I don’t want to buy the BTA30 Pro separately). It will be great if the K7 BT works for everyone out of the box as is, without all these firmware updates and other things. I will be doubly offended if I buy a K7 BT in the future and it will have the same problem.
Dear friend,

Thanks for the kind feedback. We will not let this problem happen in K7 BT.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 20, 2023 at 12:46 AM Post #964 of 1,435
Dear friend,

Thanks for the kind feedback. We will not let this problem happen in K7 BT.

Best regards
Aliexpress sales of the k7 are still normal, without any kind of alert or warning about this problem, imagine the number of people who will still be upset with this, FiiO should issue a general alert for people not to go through this problem, to collect the units it has also been done with amazon.

Mar 20, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #965 of 1,435
Aliexpress sales of the k7 are still normal, without any kind of alert or warning about this problem, imagine the number of people who will still be upset with this, FiiO should issue a general alert for people not to go through this problem, to collect the units it has also been done with amazon.
As far as I know newer batch should not have this problem, so mostly those having this issue is older batch...

Mar 20, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #966 of 1,435
As far as I know newer batch should not have this problem, so mostly those having this issue is older batch...
What lot number?
This was asked here in the group and not even Fiio was able to answer which batch the problem started with and which new batch was resolved, we don't know precisely, at least no one posted something for sure in the groups.

I think I'll buy one from Ali and get lucky. :L3000:

Mar 20, 2023 at 4:00 AM Post #967 of 1,435
By the way, the owners of K7. Are there those of you who use a USB cable that is 2 meters long or more? Have you noticed that with such a cable, the sound is occasionally interrupted? As if it disappears for half a second, it is perceived by ear as a click. It happens rarely and it is not always possible to distinguish it, but sometimes it happens. Nobody noticed this?
In your case, ferrite rings at the ends of the cable can help. They reduce high-frequency interference, that a long cable can accumulate. Adding ferrite rings helped me to remove the clicks on a cheap usb cable.

Mar 20, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #968 of 1,435
Mar 21, 2023 at 6:50 AM Post #970 of 1,435
@FiiO, are the upcoming devices from the new batch (with fixed issue(s)) visually identical to the old ones? If yes, how are we supposed to differentiate them from one another? Is there a specific serial number after which all devices are from the new batches?

Mar 21, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #971 of 1,435
@FiiO, are the upcoming devices from the new batch (with fixed issue(s)) visually identical to the old ones? If yes, how are we supposed to differentiate them from one another? Is there a specific serial number after which all devices are from the new batches?
...more importantly, exactly what are the fixes or changes being made? I think I may just stick with my K3 for a bit longer and see.

Mar 21, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #972 of 1,435
seriously? you wont see any differences, all new device/batches will just shipped with the new firmware, if you are so scare, just wait half a year, then surely all older batches will either being sold or recalled... affected device is just like small amount since initially affected device is circulated within China first...

Mar 24, 2023 at 8:47 PM Post #974 of 1,435
I am using this exact setup. I highly enjoy. But everyone is different. Best thing to do is try and see if you like it or not SilkyO.
Why thank you for the reply. I had no idea you'd replied because my email didn't give me a heads up [annoying]. Oh jeez, as much as I don't want to, I may sell the X3 to buy the Hifiman R9 [modded Version 8] without hearing the K7 and X3. I'm torn. I do love the X3 though.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #975 of 1,435
Why thank you for the reply. I had no idea you'd replied because my email didn't give me a heads up [annoying]. Oh jeez, as much as I don't want to, I may sell the X3 to buy the Hifiman R9 [modded Version 8] without hearing the K7 and X3. I'm torn. I do love the X3 though.
...me too👍🏼 I did purchase 2 diffrent Dekoni pads that fit the X2HR and the X3.
If you are interested in which one's DM me and I'll send you the link.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back