FiiO K7/K7BT Desktop DAC&Headphone AMP Discussion | XLR Balance | Dual THX AAA | Xmos | ...
Mar 25, 2023 at 2:43 AM Post #976 of 1,448
...me too👍🏼 I did purchase 2 diffrent Dekoni pads that fit the X2HR and the X3.
If you are interested in which one's DM me and I'll send you the link.
Would those be the leather and the suede? I bought the Dekoni pads before I bought the X3's because I knew they'd fit the X2 and it would be 1 step closer to committing to the X3, so glad I did. Ok you convinced me, I'll keep the X3. Next up, K7. Could you tell me what exactly the K7 does to the X3 for you?

Mar 26, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #977 of 1,448
did anybody compare K7 (especially the amp section) with Monolith Liquid Spark? Currently, I have Burson Play V6 Classic (with default op amps) and Liquid Spark + Fiio K3/iBasso DC06. Thinking about switching to smth else. I like the sound of Burson, but only through my Fostext T60. with IEMs it gives a lot of back noise and hum. I also like the sound of Liquid Spark (tbh, with a blind test I can't identify the diff between Burson and LS+Fiio K3 setup). But still, for some reason I would like to switch to another setup(just to make some refresh) and would like to know if the difference is huge/minor/none. Or whatever does it even make a sense to switch from one low-fi setup to another one or just wait the release of the Fiio K9(non pro)

Mar 27, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #979 of 1,448
How would I connect this to an android phone such as the galaxy s23?
With something like this
20200903143844_ugreen_printer_scanner_cable_usb_c_male_usb_b_male_mayro_2m_50446.jpeg

Mar 27, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #980 of 1,448
Mar 28, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #981 of 1,448
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 28, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #983 of 1,448
Mar 28, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #984 of 1,448
Hey. I have also uppdated the MCU for volume drop fix, but i was met with another problem. After the update i no longer have volume drop, but outright audio driver crash from time to time which is way more annoying. I'm on windows 10 pro and am currently waiting for the email response for the mcu downgrade file. I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling, but it happened again today. For the record i'm on 5.30 version of the fiio driver instead of latest 5.50, because of another audio bug that happens with the latest driver and basic windows driver which installs by default. The bug is that it cuts initial audio of notifications when there is no audio playing. It's like it's late to wake up and cuts off initial audio. Easily testable with windows audio test in windows audio device panel. I haven't tried the latest driver, because i don't want to settle for the bugged driver. I really hope i didn't somehow break the device while updating the MCU, so i hope that i can fix it by going back to the old MCU which had volume drop. I can handle the volume drop it wasn't that annoying, but audio crash is really a dealbreaker. For now i tried downgrading the mcu to the older volume drop fix version K7_mcu_firmware_v1.0.66 which @radman uploaded earlier.
@FiiO Did anyone else report the audio crashing from time to time after updating MCU or is it just me?

Mar 28, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #985 of 1,448
Hey. I have also uppdated the MCU for volume drop fix, but i was met with another problem. After the update i no longer have volume drop, but outright audio driver crash from time to time which is way more annoying. I'm on windows 10 pro and am currently waiting for the email response for the mcu downgrade file. I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling, but it happened again today. For the record i'm on 5.30 version of the fiio driver instead of latest 5.50, because of another audio bug that happens with the latest driver and basic windows driver which installs by default. The bug is that it cuts initial audio of notifications when there is no audio playing. It's like it's late to wake up and cuts off initial audio. Easily testable with windows audio test in windows audio device panel. I haven't tried the latest driver, because i don't want to settle for the bugged driver. I really hope i didn't somehow break the device while updating the MCU, so i hope that i can fix it by going back to the old MCU which had volume drop. I can handle the volume drop it wasn't that annoying, but audio crash is really a dealbreaker. For now i tried downgrading the mcu to the older volume drop fix version K7_mcu_firmware_v1.0.66 which @radman uploaded earlier.
@FiiO Did anyone else report the audio crashing from time to time after updating MCU or is it just me?
You need to go to the Programs Files folder, find the FiiO folder there, go to the FiiO_Driver folder, and inside this folder find the FiiOCplApp.xml file. You need to open it with a text editor and write Visible in the PageOptions line instead of Hidden. You may need to uncheck the "read-only" checkbox to edit the file in its properties, you may also need administrator rights. Then reload the FiiO Control Panel driver and the Options tab will appear there, inside which you need to select the Always On mode. After that, your device will stop going into sleep mode.

You can update the MCU firmware back with a fix for the drop in volume and install a new version of the 5.50 FiiO driver by doing the same manipulations with a text file. Everything will work fine. The setting is performed only once, then it works as you choose.

Attachments

• explorer_S4pSxHMZiM.png
    explorer_S4pSxHMZiM.png
    67 KB · Views: 0
  • notepad++_BxdS6rxEJz.png
    notepad++_BxdS6rxEJz.png
    45 KB · Views: 0
  • FiiOCplApp_H9TYmpy02h.png
    FiiOCplApp_H9TYmpy02h.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 0
Mar 28, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #986 of 1,448
You need to go to the Programs Files folder, find the FiiO folder there, go to the FiiO_Driver folder, and inside this folder find the FiiOCplApp.xml file. You need to open it with a text editor and write Visible in the PageOptions line instead of Hidden. You may need to uncheck the "read-only" checkbox to edit the file in its properties, you may also need administrator rights. Then reload the FiiO Control Panel driver and the Options tab will appear there, inside which you need to select the Always On mode. After that, your device will stop going into sleep mode.

You can update the MCU firmware back with a fix for the drop in volume and install a new version of the 5.50 FiiO driver by doing the same manipulations with a text file. Everything will work fine. The setting is performed only once, then it works as you choose.
Hey. Thanks for the advice. I'll try it, but i don't know if that will stop the audio crashes it happens more or less as often as volume drop used to happen, so it'll take maybe a day or few to check. With the old no volume drop fix mcu i didn't have any audio crashes on 5.30 version. And i'm still on the volume drop fix mcu just the older one, because i haven't received the reply from email for the pre fix one yet. I'll try 5.50 with your fix+latest mcu and if this doesn't work then i'll retry the older mcu volume drop fix and then go back to pre volume drop fix when they send me one.

Edit: Tried the 5.50 driver version with the fix and notifications no longer cut off. This option should really be on by default. Well i can only hope the 5.50 will fix the audio crash issue.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #987 of 1,448
I have 2 questions:
Q1: does the issue with the sound appears only on the windows OS or on another ones too?

Q2: does it make any sense to wait the Fiio K9 for the double price if I will not use the extra features from K9? I mean did somebody already test K9 for the sound?

Mar 29, 2023 at 1:15 AM Post #988 of 1,448
Hey guys sorry to go semi off topic here, but I have for all intents and purposes a gaming PC with a Fiio K7 hooked up to it. I was using USB, then this morning I figured why not try SPDIF optical instead, and it sounds better. I'm not saying it would sound better for everyone, but it sounds better for me. Yes, there are many fans in my PC, and a giant GPU, and the USB is no doubt noisy, but nonetheless optical sounds much much cleaner. Just wanted to share.

Mar 29, 2023 at 1:34 AM Post #989 of 1,448
Hey guys sorry to go semi off topic here, but I have for all intents and purposes a gaming PC with a Fiio K7 hooked up to it. I was using USB, then this morning I figured why not try SPDIF optical instead, and it sounds better. I'm not saying it would sound better for everyone, but it sounds better for me. Yes, there are many fans in my PC, and a giant GPU, and the USB is no doubt noisy, but nonetheless optical sounds much much cleaner. Just wanted to share.
It’s possible. The USB C port behind my gaming laptop next to the fans sounds horrible with any dongles. Moving to another port fixes the problem.

Apr 3, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #990 of 1,448
Hey. Thanks for the advice. I'll try it, but i don't know if that will stop the audio crashes it happens more or less as often as volume drop used to happen, so it'll take maybe a day or few to check. With the old no volume drop fix mcu i didn't have any audio crashes on 5.30 version. And i'm still on the volume drop fix mcu just the older one, because i haven't received the reply from email for the pre fix one yet. I'll try 5.50 with your fix+latest mcu and if this doesn't work then i'll retry the older mcu volume drop fix and then go back to pre volume drop fix when they send me one.

Edit: Tried the 5.50 driver version with the fix and notifications no longer cut off. This option should really be on by default. Well i can only hope the 5.50 will fix the audio crash issue.
After 5 days it seems like it doesn't crash anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back