[FiiO FW5]HiFi True Wireless Armature Balanced Earbuds,96kHz/24bit Snapdragon Sound, LHDC support, Flagship TWS chip Qualcomm QCC5141 + independent AKM DAC/Amp AK4332
Jan 7, 2024 at 9:46 PM Post #601 of 672
Mine have stopped taking any custom EQ whatsoever, one day they lost the custom EQ I had in there and changing anything custom no longer works. Doesn't matter if it's PEQ or just the straight GEQ, doesn't work at all any more.

Now if I make changes they show on the graph but no change to sound. If I go out of the screen and back, the changes are gone.

Changing gain works, sticks, and is audible.

Changing to the presets (Pop, Classical, Harman) works.

Any custom EQ no longer works.

I have tried resetting with the 8 second dot button press, that didn't help.

This is pretty annoying as I bought them specifically for the PEQ function and stock they sound boomy in the bass and harsh in the upper mids/treble.
Dear friend,

You are adjusting the custom EQ via Android version or iOS version FiiO Control app?
Please check whether other mobile phone could help with this problem?
We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 8, 2024 at 1:56 AM Post #602 of 672
Dear friend,

You are adjusting the custom EQ via Android version or iOS version FiiO Control app?
Please check whether other mobile phone could help with this problem?
We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Best regards
Thank you for this suggestion. I am using the Android Fiio Control app.

I tried this on a secondary phone and it worked and I was able to set the EQ on the secondary phone. When I go back to my main phone, the EQ I set on the secondary phone is there, and now if I make any changes on my primary phone, it doesn't do anything and just reverts back to the EQ I set on the secondary phone (which is OK, I am OK with this EQ if it just sticks, I don't need to change it).

Possibly if I wipe and reinstall Fiio Control it might start to work on my primary phone? Or any other idea what is going on there? It's a Xiaomi, MIUI 13 / Android 12. I have a load of other Fiio devices in there and would prefer not to have to wipe and reinstall it on a regular basis, if you had any idea as to the "why" it's not making the save for the EQ. I had already tried to delete and re-add just the FW5, and that didn't fix it.

I'd like a situation this EQ just sticks on the device and I don't have this song and dance every few weeks or months when I pull them back out and find the EQ is gone (or like last time, the right and left had also become disconnected and one or the other would work but not together).

Your hardware is great but the software is just terrible, really try to get this stuff working so it "just works" and put the resources you need into this to get it going. Qudelix manages it with one guy, their software is perfect. At the moment it's the one big problem with your brand, the software is just reliably flaky.

1704696720262.png

EDIT: but just to conclude, really thank you for this suggestion and getting back to me so quickly, I appreciate it and don't mean to complain too much. They sound great now with my preferred EQ back on them, and I'll enjoy them like this. I am using them with LHDC and they sound great with that codec, and with the EQ, better than my Sony XM4. Thanks also for the added development to get the extra codecs functional. Just would be nice if you could put more resources into making this stuff "just work" more reliably. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 8:21 AM Post #603 of 672
After update my Samsung to One UI 6.0 FW5 shutter non stop via LDAC...

Jan 13, 2024 at 7:28 AM Post #605 of 672
The button probably works if it does one function, this happens to me at times AFAIR putting them back in case or powering on/off works most times.

Remember the volume is local so controlling the earbuds not the device.

Jan 13, 2024 at 7:09 PM Post #606 of 672
@FiiO
When do you think these things will get implemented?

- better LDAC stability
- transparency mode
- button customisation

Or is this model going to be replaced with a newer one so end of the road for it?

Jan 13, 2024 at 7:14 PM Post #607 of 672
Never as FiiO have a bad habit of abandoning their devices but I hope I am wrong with these.

Look at last FW (1.31) date and I have the newer one (1.41) that was linked to here but not even a changelog and it fixed nothing.

Jan 14, 2024 at 2:10 AM Post #608 of 672
Never as FiiO have a bad habit of abandoning their devices but I hope I am wrong with these.

Look at last FW (1.31) date and I have the newer one (1.41) that was linked to here but not even a changelog and it fixed nothing.
Yeah, I'm afraid so... I hope I'm wrong too though.

I've put mine for sale. It's unfortunate as they don't present any of the problems reported here, just that I can't use iems anymore.

Jan 17, 2024 at 1:27 AM Post #609 of 672
@FiiO
When do you think these things will get implemented?

- better LDAC stability
- transparency mode
- button customisation

Or is this model going to be replaced with a newer one so end of the road for it?
Dear friend,

Hi, we could not promise whether the features you mentioned could be added currently. But we will report to the engineer for assessing first. Thanks for the kind feedback.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 17, 2024 at 5:29 AM Post #610 of 672
Dear friend,

Hi, we could not promise whether the features you mentioned could be added currently. But we will report to the engineer for assessing first. Thanks for the kind feedback.

Best regards
Ok. At least the transparency and button customization shouldn't be too difficult, seeing that the UTWS5 already has them. I've had the UTWS5 in the past and those two features were useful.

Jan 25, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #612 of 672
Screenshot_2024-01-24-23-13-32-10_c82e4965cadfa2d9a7aa48a082dcd6da.jpg
IMG20231223141214.jpg

FIIO has released firmware 1.6
They heard me and added filters to the equalizer. Thanks a lot, it makes it very easy to work with the equalizer. At first glance, there is no bug with channel displacement, so far everything is working fine.
I switched my settings from poweramp equalizer to fiio control and... Now they "bang" on the bass very much like anole vx. How long have I been trying to achieve this effect, so that the drumming closes the eyes, and not just knocks "in the background".
Well, he can show his wired brother who daddy is here.
IMG20240103185935.jpg

Jan 25, 2024 at 8:58 AM Post #613 of 672
Can you at least share please it as they did not even bother to put 1.54 on their website, I had to grab it from a link here.

I would think they would be better fixing the long standing bugs the first FW added instead of adding features.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #614 of 672
Can you at least share please it as they did not even bother to put 1.54 on their website, I had to grab it from a link here.

I would think they would be better fixing the long standing bugs the first FW added instead of adding features.
1. Download fiio control 3.10
2. We go in and try to update online.
3. We do a reset 2 times in a row (just in case, according to fiio recommendations).
4. Install the new version of fiio control.

Jan 25, 2024 at 12:04 PM Post #615 of 672
My FiiO Control App is newer 3.18 but for some reason today crashes when I click on the FW5 in the list.

I will reboot my phone later and try again as it worked last week.

I have never seen any Online update via the App only on their site which I download to my phone and then do a Local update via the App.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back