Fiio E7 vs Fiio E17
Mar 2, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #3 of 59
there is an E17 main thread
http://www.head-fi.org/t/587912/fiio-e17-alpen-first-impression-final-thought

the rules say you should always search for your answers first but we both know that is pooey. if nobody responds to this..read from pages 50-80 and then from 100 and on for an answer to your question. the answer to your question should be answered in pages 50-80. it's about an hour read but you should have it by then. if you have any specific questions on the E17 feel free to ask me

Mar 2, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #6 of 59

Quote:
the rules say you should always search for your answers first but we both know that is pooey.

And this is why there is perpetration of thread repetition. Using the search bar is an integral part of both finding answers that have been posted multiple times (as in more than they should) and helping keep the forums cleaner.

Mar 2, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #7 of 59

Quote:

And this is why there is perpetration of thread repetition. Using the search bar is an integral part of both finding answers that have been posted multiple times (as in more than they should) and helping keep the forums cleaner.

the search function on head fi doesnt work well. even the moderator's admit it. i use google a lot though, and i read posts a lot but sometimes i personally want personal opinions and all that.

we can't expect their to just be one E17 thread or..one E11 threads..i used the E11 bc..it's so popular...soo..sooo many threads on this one 

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #8 of 59
Yes, I tried searching, and the only relevant thread is that huge impression one going on right now. I wanted to create this thread so anyone who has the same question would get an answer.

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #10 of 59

Quote:
the search function on head fi doesnt work well. even the moderator's admit it. i use google a lot though, and i read posts a lot but sometimes i personally want personal opinions and all that.

we can't expect their to just be one E17 thread or..one E11 threads..i used the E11 bc..it's so popular...soo..sooo many threads on this one 

The search feature isn't perfect, but it certainly works and better than many other forums out there.

Just like the thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/529144/buying-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here is meant to combine requests from different people in a single thread to avoid cluttering the forums (which multiple threads with same inquiries do in a serious way), only create new threads if the answer was absolutely impossible to find otherwise.

Quote:
Yes, I tried searching, and the only relevant thread is that huge impression one going on right now. I wanted to create this thread so anyone who has the same question would get an answer.

Did you ask your questions there and if you did, did you wait for people to reply? Because the thread I linked above is very active.

Mar 17, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #11 of 59

Quote:
The search feature isn't perfect, but it certainly works and better than many other forums out there.

Just like the thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/529144/buying-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here is meant to combine requests from different people in a single thread to avoid cluttering the forums (which multiple threads with same inquiries do in a serious way), only create new threads if the answer was absolutely impossible to find otherwise.

Did you ask your questions there and if you did, did you wait for people to reply? Because the thread I linked above is very active.

Pardon for the tone of this, but..................The Search function sucks, and why are there so many many thread Police here

Mar 17, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #12 of 59

Quote:
Pardon for the tone of this, but..................The Search function sucks, and why are there so many many thread Police here

Not using the search function turns into a vicious cycle, with more and more people creating more and more of exactly equal threads like there have been created repeatedly in the past, further messing with search results.

Spending 5 minutes searching isn't exactly a deal breaker and helps to prevent cluttering the forums further. It's plain simple.

Mar 17, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #13 of 59
This thread could be an immediate response for the E7 vs E17 question because it will definitely pop up. It is appropriate, IMO, a single thread be created with an answer (which I don't have), instead of skimming a huge thread with many pages.

Mar 17, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #14 of 59

Quote:
This thread could be an immediate response for the E7 vs E17 question because it will definitely pop up. It is appropriate, IMO, a single thread be created with an answer (which I don't have), instead of skimming a huge thread with many pages.

Duke I'm with you. Maybe the search function can be updated in the future, because Roller is right too, it is a vicious cycle, Case in point, I was looking for a comparison between E7 vs E17 and guess what? My search led me here.  Still yet to find a great answer, but as in many other situations, instead of answering or adding some help, the "Thread Police" simply say "The Answer is Over Here Don't start new threads. I again apologize for this tone, and I will not engage in this for a long while, until this search improves, this is what we will have. So maybe helping each other find answers is the best way. We all have enough bosses

EDIT: Punctuation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back