FiiO E7 Review
Jun 11, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #31 of 79
Hmmm....I tried it (E7) out with my Denon D1001, AKG K450 and the Philip's 9850 and they all sounded worse.....sounded weird and muffled.  But ok with the Miles Davis and Silver Bullet.

Just my 2 cents.

Jun 11, 2010 at 7:32 AM Post #32 of 79
Quote:
Hmmm....I tried it (E7) out with my Denon D1001, AKG K450 and the Philip's 9850 and they all sounded worse.....sounded weird and muffled.  But ok with the Miles Davis and Silver Bullet.

Just my 2 cents.

What is the source?

Jun 14, 2010 at 7:20 AM Post #34 of 79
I am pairing the E7 with iPhone 3GS connected by Plexcio Performance LOD. I noticed that if I hear interference, the E7 will cease to function shortly after and need to power on. Also, all settings will set to default. Does anyone else encounter this or is my E7 a one-off case?

Jun 14, 2010 at 9:03 AM Post #35 of 79
i'm planning to buy an e7 to use with my zen and eterna rev.1, do you guys think this will improve my listening experience or should i just go with the e5 instead. thanks.

Jun 14, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #36 of 79
I ordered mine from Head-Direct via Amazon on Friday and BAM! ...it just came in this morning. Really quick shipping using USPS first class. An unexpected surprise. I'll probably do an unboxing of it on my tube account. Despite the problems some people are having using it as an amp only, I should be ok since I'm using it strictly as a dac/amp for my laptop.

Jun 14, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #37 of 79

Wow.  That is great news.  I have now ordered 2 things from there and one took 11 days and the other 20 days.  I am not at all pleased with that. 

You should be fine using it as a DAC/Amp for sure.  I think they probably should have not billed this as an amplifier.  It really needs to be used as a DAC.  Looking forward to your comments.

I just ordered my LOD for the Walkman this morning.  So hopefully by week's end I'll be in business.
Quote:
I ordered mine from Head-Direct via Amazon on Friday and BAM! ...it just came in this morning. Really quick shipping using USPS first class. An unexpected surprise. I'll probably do an unboxing of it on my tube account. Despite the problems some people are having using it as an amp only, I should be ok since I'm using it strictly as a dac/amp for my laptop.

Jun 14, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #38 of 79
I hope you get the goods in soon...to be honest, the E7 is seriously surprising the hell out of me...the sound quality is outstanding.

Oh, and as promised
dt880smile.png

Jun 14, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #39 of 79

Quote:
I am pairing the E7 with iPhone 3GS connected by Plexcio Performance LOD. I noticed that if I hear interference, the E7 will cease to function shortly after and need to power on. Also, all settings will set to default. Does anyone else encounter this or is my E7 a one-off case?

same thing happened with mine when I first got it---turns off, and settings reset too.  I noticed it only happens when I turned off the 3G radio (forcing data thru 2G/EDGE), but this is a non-issue if it's used as a DAC, or leave the 3G radio on.

Jun 14, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #40 of 79
Just want to share my new config with you:

iPhone 3G -> Fiio LOD L3 -> Fiio E7 -> Senn HD448

and it sounds really... great! Very impressed how it sounds clear!

My iPhone had troubles to drive my HD448 but now, it's fixed! :)

I also found some problems related to firmware I believe, I usually turn off the USB charging, but it sometimes automatically switch back to ON (bass settings and others stay same).
Anyone else has the same problem?

Jun 15, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #41 of 79

Quote:
Just want to share my new config with you:

iPhone 3G -> Fiio LOD L3 -> Fiio E7 -> Senn HD448

and it sounds really... great! Very impressed how it sounds clear!

My iPhone had troubles to drive my HD448 but now, it's fixed! :)

I also found some problems related to firmware I believe, I usually turn off the USB charging, but it sometimes automatically switch back to ON (bass settings and others stay same).
Anyone else has the same problem?

My experience is worse. Sometimes the E7 will reset all settings to default.

Jun 15, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #42 of 79
I was impressed with the build quality and overall presentation of the E7, but sound quality is marginal at best when compared to my other amplifiers. I still think it is an excellent entry-level choice and you'll get a lot for the money.  But even with the JH16 Pros, the bass is quite anemic and the representation is overly digital and hollow.  And this is from the DAC input from my iPad.  I have also tested it thru the line input from my iMod and roughly it was the same experience.

I have not encountered any bugs described above yet, but I couldn't make myself listen to it for long either.  I think this will be sold in short order.  I have originally ordered for my iPad as the HP-out SQ is merely average and I thought this would improve it somewhat.  The improvements, however, are so minor that it doesn't justify carrying around the E7.

Shipping from Amazon was quick and painless from Micca, no complaints there.  I would buy from him again.

Jun 16, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #43 of 79

Quote:
Quote:

What is the source?

Uh it's just my old macbook.

I'm sorry I should have stated it more explicitly:
I compared this with my original set-up which is: Go-Vibe usb/dac, and then to a Pa2V2.
Yup =)

Jun 16, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #44 of 79
Interesting. Did you try feeding the Go-Vibe to E7's line-in?

Jun 16, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #45 of 79

Quote:
Interesting. Did you try feeding the Go-Vibe to E7's line-in?

Uh........nope.

I don't know much about these things really, just enjoying it as a hobby for really simple all-in-one-box kinda things haha.

Sorry can't help you there :frowning2:

What I do know is that I vastly enjoyed my go-vibe dac-to-pa2v2 amp from my initially-lousy macbook.
Vastly enjoyed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back