FiiO E5 amp (E3 upgraded)
Oct 1, 2008 at 10:23 AM Post #151 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*snip* In fact, I've had trouble using rechargeable AAAs with my FiiO E3...The sound starts okay and then quickly drops to low volume with pops and crackles. Alkaline AAAs are fine, however. I don't know if this is typical behavior -- has anyone else found a brand of rechargeable AAAs that work well with the E3?

Same problem here, tried Powertech 800 and 900mah rechargables

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, I'm not sure about the new "fatty" shape. The current E3 is a much nicer form factor.

Looks a bit closer in shape to the iPod Shuffle 2G

Oct 2, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #157 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by tacitapproval /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought it was implicit, but to clarify: I get 12-15 hours of performance that is on par with alkaline AAAs out of the lenmar rechargeables--i.e., no crackles or pops.

I think japc is referring to the fact that you have to change the batteries out, the E5 has its own charging circuit and li-on battery

Oct 2, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #158 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by decayed.cell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think japc is referring to the fact that you have to change the batteries out, the E5 has its own charging circuit and li-on battery

No, I was refering to the fact that some rechargeables make the E3 misbehave with the described pops and cracks. And that being independent of how much the batteries last, of course.

Anyway, there seems to be a synergy problem then.

But it's nice that E5 will have a recharging circuit. As long as they keep using AAA. Will they? Proprietary batteries are such a pita (to replace).

Oct 2, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #161 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by japc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By the way, has the HP-M1000 sound improved with the E3? Read it was kinda bass shy.

Yeah but its a bit overdone. The E3 certainly gives it better bass but then you lose some midrange and the sparkles are less sparkly. I spose the bass really only comes out when amped properly, like other people with the same headphone have on this forum. Also depends on the recording too, on some recordings the bass is fine through the SVDAC05 such as Jack Johnson's In Between Dreams

Oct 5, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #162 of 1,737
I'm new to all this stuff. I think I'll wait for the E5 to be my first amp instead of buying an E3 right now. I hope they have the same colors as the E3, I want a black one. *waits patiently*

Oct 5, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #163 of 1,737
it really doesnt matter...

even your lunch at subway is more expensive than E3

i bought E3 last week.... and i ll buy E5 also
its the cheapest audio component in the market

Oct 5, 2008 at 7:36 AM Post #164 of 1,737
Yeah I was considering doing that too. But I'm at a point where every dollar counts. XD I'll probably end up getting it anyways though, just to compare the two. Just not right now.

Oct 5, 2008 at 9:02 AM Post #165 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by decayed.cell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah but its a bit overdone. The E3 certainly gives it better bass but then you lose some midrange and the sparkles are less sparkly. I spose the bass really only comes out when amped properly, like other people with the same headphone have on this forum. Also depends on the recording too, on some recordings the bass is fine through the SVDAC05 such as Jack Johnson's In Between Dreams

Then will it be good paired with KSC-75?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back