FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !
Dec 30, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #481 of 2,388
My Muses just arrived 
bigsmile_face.gif
  Ordered last Thursday from the recommended Hong Kong shop by hkfriends, delivered today.... quite fast, delivered in 4 days.
Hope will have time tonight to test them 
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 30, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #485 of 2,388
mine (gold) arrived today, woohoo :) and if there hadn't been a state holiday in austria, it would have taken less than 48 hours to get to me (details in this post in another thread).

and i am happy that at least one of my ideas (engraved serial#) made it to the final product. on the other hand, they may have been planning to do this from the beginning
rolleyes.gif

let the opamp rolling begin...

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #486 of 2,388
erm..just receive my e12diy..would like to know which combi i should try first ...the stock config cant impress me yet :frowning2:

You might want to give the stock config some time to burn in and settle, before you start rolling components. After 40 hours the stock config really begins to shine for me. I will start rolling later in 2014. The standard E12 also took a long time to open up and sound really good.

Dec 30, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #488 of 2,388
Congrats to those who has just received the E12DIY!  Enjoy the fun of DIY 
wink_face.gif

At the moment I'm testing the newly arrived Muses01 and Muses02 op-amp, right from the box, no burn-in yet.  Short (about an hour and a half) testing before going to sleep 
L3000.gif

Source: Yulong Sabre DA8 RCA Output
Music: Blue Chamber Quartet - First Impressions (most played track: Kicho), Chesky The World Greatest Audiophile Vocal Recording, & Vivaldi - La Cetra - 12 Violin Concertos (DSD from Channel Classics)
Headphones: Beyerdynamic T1
E12DIY buffer: LME49600

I mainly comparing between Muses01, Muses02, Yulong DA8 headphone output, and Violectric HPA V200 connected to Yulong DA8 through balance connection.  

Early impressions:
Before comparing the Muses, I compared the stock AD8620 with Muses01, AD8620 sounds rather veiled compared with Muses01.  Muses01 has better detail, clarity and transparency.

Muses01 compared with Muses02, each has their own sound signature, they don't share sound signature.
Muses01 sound signature emphasizes on spaciousness and clarity.  It has good clarity, detail, definition, spaciousness, and air.  Muses01 has excellent perceived detail and transparency.
Muses02 emphasizes on fullness and dynamic, while still maintaining very good detail and natural tonal balance.  With T1, Muses02 tonal balance sounds more natural compared with Muses01, more natural mids.  Bass and Midrange are fuller and thicker on Muses02, with stronger dynamic, therefore sounds more powerful than Muses01, impressively sounds like a powerful desktop amp.  Muses02 sound signature is closer to the headphone output of Yulong DA8 and Violectric HPA V200, which is to me is very2 impressive 
L3000.gif

Vocal is absolutely impressive on Muses02, full and intimate, while still natural (not overly thick) and detailed.

For the setup above, especially with T1, you may already guess which Muses matches better with T1 ... 
wink_face.gif

Yes, I really like the sound signature of Muses02 paired with T1 !!!  They match really well, simply wonderful sound!  Full, powerful, good dynamic, natural tonal balance, very good detail and instruments separation... Excellent!

Those who prefer more spacious and airy sound signature will like Muses01 more.  I actually like spacious and airy sounds, but with T1, Muses02 just sounds better than Muses01, overall sounds more natural with better dynamic.
That's for now, really happy with both Muses01 and Muses02, both are really high end op-amps! 
L3000.gif

Will let them burn-in for some hours, and see if there is any changes to the sound signature.

Gonna try more combination later.... 

Dec 30, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #489 of 2,388
So from now on we will hear 1000 times how great Muses are. Are the oamps that are included really only worthless crap?

Dec 30, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #490 of 2,388
So from now on we will hear 1000 times how great Muses are. Are the oamps that are included really only worthless crap?

Far from worthless. Those are great opamp in their own right, just not as great as the MUSES in E12DIY.

Dec 30, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #491 of 2,388

the muses opamp has been regarded as a great op-amp for quite some time.  And what if it's mentioned 1000 times in this thread?  

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #492 of 2,388
Thanks for your review of the two Muses versions, Earphonia.

Based on your comments, I think the Muses 2 might be the one for me!

On a related note, I have a stock E12 on hand.

Does anyone know if I'd be able to desolder the stock chip in the E12 and replace it with an 8 pin DIP Muses if I end up liking that chip? I'm not sure what package the stock E12 chip is or whether it would take a DIP. Here is a picture, in case it helps.

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #493 of 2,388

It is probably great.

I must say that I am very happy with the LME49600 + opa604. One cannot call that crap.

Personally I will not yet buy a muses opamp. I am just not ready to add another 50€ to that.

Dec 30, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #494 of 2,388
That's the spirit! ! Let me check out the same chips.

Dec 30, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #495 of 2,388

wow, mouser is pretty quick on shipping.  Ordered today and they said it already shipped.  Want to ordered the muses01 just to say how awesome it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back