FiiO E11K &A3 Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early Impressions)
Feb 27, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #541 of 718
  Drum....yes I saw your post on the hd 580 thread, was having a read over them today...lol.....mine is on there also...got mine from superfi sale a while back now, new £80....Just ordered a new 650 cable today from amazon....looks very good for the price £12.....and says orig ?....
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-3m-Replacement-Cable-HD650/dp/B0028PGXRE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425042305&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+hd+650+cable

That's a great price. 580s are very hard to find.

Feb 27, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #542 of 718
These are really the 650 leads but eill fit 580, and 600s.....thought id get a spare set just in case , still thinking about the Grado adaptor , lol

Feb 28, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #543 of 718
  Update on my earlier post...took my DT1350's with me on yet another trip and couldn't believe the tremendous sub bass I was hearing.  I checked my E11K's settings and noticed that the BASS setting was switched to HI.  My portable rig seriously rocked!!  Keeping it set this way.

Yes they DID rock, however I'm a little sad to say that I will be departing this forum because I sold my E11K and moved up the food chain a bit and got an E12a.  Keep on ROCKIN's everyone.  Cheers!!

Mar 1, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #544 of 718
When you say youre leaving this forum, do you mean just this thread, or the whole web site ?

Mar 7, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #546 of 718
Sorry, I tried searching but didn't readily find the answers I was seeking, and I figure some of you may have a better perspective anyway. It's been a while and I'm out of the loop. Thanks.

Anybody know
  • Can the E11K be used while charging? My understanding and recollection was that the E11 could not be.
  • Is the E11K susceptible to picking up interference? More or less so than FiiOs usually have issues?
  • How good is the channel balance at lower settings? FiiO on their site seems to quote an imbalance under 0.3 dB, though that's kind of meaningless without specifying how many dB down that's at. Which Alps pot do they use? Anybody have issues with channel balance using most dynamic driver IEMs on most sources? (the most sensitive BA types I don't even consider a fair test as almost nothing with a pot works well for that at low volumes)

Mar 8, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #547 of 718
Sorry, I tried searching but didn't readily find the answers I was seeking, and I figure some of you may have a better perspective anyway. It's been a while and I'm out of the loop. Thanks.

Anybody know
  1. Can the E11K be used while charging? My understanding and recollection was that the E11 could not be.
  2. Is the E11K susceptible to picking up interference? More or less so than FiiOs usually have issues?
  3. How good is the channel balance at lower settings? FiiO on their site seems to quote an imbalance under 0.3 dB, though that's kind of meaningless without specifying how many dB down that's at. Which Alps pot do they use? Anybody have issues with channel balance using most dynamic driver IEMs on most sources? (the most sensitive BA types I don't even consider a fair test as almost nothing with a pot works well for that at low volumes)

1) Yes it can be used while charging.
2) It doesn't pick up interference. At least for me.
3) Does not have channel imbalance even at low volumes.

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #548 of 718
So my E11K stopped working with my phone...or maybe the other way around. It no longer works when I go from phone>E11K>headphones but just phone>headphones works perfectly fine 
confused.gif
. With the phone>E11K>headphones, the sound just comes out of the speaker of the phone, even though when I connect my headphones, the phone still makes the tiny beep indicating headphones have been plugged in. The E11K works find with just my computer and computer>EL-D02 dac as well as phone>EL-D02 DAC>E11K. What's even more puzzling is that it worked fine the first couple of times I used the E11K with my phone.

Anyone have any insight on this or have experienced it themselves? 

The phone is an LG G3 running CM 12 nightlies 

Mar 15, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #551 of 718
Hi not sure if this is the best place to ask .....but what would happen if I run my  nx1  or fiio e 11 k,  from my Marantz  6000  ose , headphone output direct......this headphone output as a volume control from the remote control..goes  upto number 12 on the digits......and I can only really have it set to number two max....very loud output.....and that's with senn hd 580.....So what would happen ?....is it like having two amps together ?....At the min im using my two portable amps from a portable sony mini disc player, and mp3 player sansa clip....etc.....thanks.

Mar 15, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #552 of 718
  Hi not sure if this is the best place to ask .....but what would happen if I run my  nx1  or fiio e 11 k,  from my Marantz  6000  ose , headphone output direct......this headphone output as a volume control from the remote control..goes  upto number 12 on the digits......and I can only really have it set to number two max....very loud output.....and that's with senn hd 580.....So what would happen ?....is it like having two amps together ?....At the min im using my two portable amps from a portable sony mini disc player, and mp3 player sansa clip....etc.....thanks.

Well in my opinion, its best to run from the 'line out' on the back of the cd player to the amp, just like you would hook it up to a receiver or an integrated or a preamp. I think that would be double amping and might not be as good as from the line out.

Mar 15, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #553 of 718
So you mean running the twin rca output lead from rear of cd player , poiss neec a adaptor to go down to ,3.5 mm , to get into the port amp , etc....then use it like a normal desktop amp..?.....could try it out.....think i need to pick up a proper desktop amp with twin rca inputs on it really..thanks for info.....
So putting my portable amp via the 3.5 mm lead into the cd headphone output would be not correct ? Double amping ?...

Mar 16, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #554 of 718
It would be double amping, and from your description, even though you are doing that from the sansa clip etc, it sounds like the marantz headphone out has considerably more power. I do think it would be better doing it from the rca jacks at the rear. I have actually done that with my player as well and it worked well. I do have the benefit of having multiple outputs from my player though, so I didnt have to disconnect anything.

Mar 16, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #555 of 718
It would be double amping, and from your description, even though you are doing that from the sansa clip etc, it sounds like the marantz headphone out has considerably more power. I do think it would be better doing it from the rca jacks at the rear. I have actually done that with my player as well and it worked well. I do have the benefit of having multiple outputs from my player though, so I didnt have to disconnect anything.

I was about to suggest doing the same with the phono outputs at the back if it has them. I don't have the E11K but I do have the E11. I have a Pioneer amplifier and I have always used the phono line out at the back with my E11. I have just tried it the through the headphone socket and it doesn't sound good and it goes louder that anyone with any headphones will need. I think so anyway. The E11k is different to the E11 but I still don't think it will sound good being double amped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back