[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Oct 19, 2022 at 5:33 AM Post #961 of 2,103
I use ifi GO Blu with my Fostex TH610. The ifi smoothes TH610 treble peak a bit up but i think its lacking in resolution and soundstage, so i use Xspace.
The center image is a bit off then. There is a "dead zone". I'm thinking about getting BTR7. Someone compared GO Blu vs. BTR7?
I use both dongle in BT receiver mode almost every day...

1) The GO blu is used with less sensitive IEM (Vision Ears EXT) or Headphones (Sony Z7M2) due to some permanent little background amp hiss with the Beyerdynamic Xelento. But the Go Blu battery playing time is between 10 to 12 hours (depending on the volume level) which means usable for a full working day. I also like to use the sound DSP sometimes at a very low volume level (like an old Loudness feature). The Go blu scroll wheel is far more confortable to control playing and volume than BTR7 buttons.

2) The BTR7 is totally hiss free with all my IEMs (including Xelento), sound quality is rather impressive for a BT receiver dongle (same level as my usual Sony WM1A). Unfortunately, the battery playing time is between 6 to 7 hours. The BTR7 is a bigger and heavier dongle than the Go blu, though I can still use this usually for sleeping every night (with the Xelento) hanged on the collar of my sleeping T-Shirt (with a small money clip fixed on the BTR7 with a double side tape) .

Both are very good and convincing BT receiver dongles (better than my Qdelix 5K or ES100 MKII)... I never use these dongles connected with a USB-C cable to my phones/computers/tablets

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2022 at 5:35 AM Post #962 of 2,103
I believe these arrows indicate whether the DAC can be used as data transmission or to be charged. So turning it the other way should charge the device, no harm indeed

Oct 19, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #963 of 2,103
@newworld666: Thanks! I hear some hiss using the pentaconn out, too. But don't bother me, when music is playing.
So, BTR7 sounds cleaner/more detailed then Go Blu? EQ could be useful for TH610 treble's peak.

Oct 19, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #964 of 2,103
@newworld666: Thanks! I hear some hiss using the pentaconn out, too. But don't bother me, when music is playing.
So, BTR7 sounds cleaner/more detailed then Go Blu? EQ could be useful for TH610 treble's peak.
Go Blu hiss is really annoying for me at very low level volume in the night for instance..
Apart from the little hiss with the Xelento, I like both sound quality and won't claim there is a noticeable SQ difference between the 2.. maybe BTR7 can go further then the Go Blu due due to some more power available for some more power demanding headphones.

I never use dongle's EQ, as I prefer to use Poweramp EQ, Wavelet, Neutron ou UAPP EQ....

Oct 19, 2022 at 6:00 AM Post #965 of 2,103
Thanks again! For me the SQ is much worse, than on my xDuoo XD05+... Okay, unfair comparision.
I could get a BTR7 lend from a friend of mine. I think it depends which HP you're using. I'm curious, will make some comparsions at myself.

Oct 19, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #967 of 2,103
so, the app only lets you modify the behaviour of the volume buttons. why cant we change how the play button works? btr3 has the option to double and triple tap to change tracks. and they basically have the same number of buttons

Oct 20, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #969 of 2,103
1) The GO blu is used with less sensitive IEM (Vision Ears EXT) or Headphones (Sony Z7M2) due to some permanent little background amp hiss with the Beyerdynamic Xelento. But the Go Blu battery playing time is between 10 to 12 hours (depending on the volume level) which means usable for a full working day. I also like to use the sound DSP sometimes at a very low volume level (like an old Loudness feature). The Go blu scroll wheel is for more confortable to control playing and volume than BTR7 buttons.

Thanks for your feedback and I'm happy to read that you're happy with our dongle :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Oct 20, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #970 of 2,103
So I've been using the BTR7 for about 3 weeks now and I think the one thing that lets it down is the battery life.

Low gain on 15 volume using the 3.5mm jack and I have to charge it twice or even three times a day to keep it topped up. I do have it connected pretty much 24/7 to my phone for both music and YouTube though so I might be an extreme case for it but still, a little disappointing cause the sound is awesome for the price.

Since I'm out of the return period, I either will keep it or sell it and get a DAP...

Oct 20, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #971 of 2,103
So I've been using the BTR7 for about 3 weeks now and I think the one thing that lets it down is the battery life.

Low gain on 15 volume using the 3.5mm jack and I have to charge it twice or even three times a day to keep it topped up. I do have it connected pretty much 24/7 to my phone for both music and YouTube though so I might be an extreme case for it but still, a little disappointing cause the sound is awesome for the price.

Since I'm out of the return period, I either will keep it or sell it and get a DAP...
In that regard is not much of a difference compared to BTR5 though the battery seems to be bigger. I do charge it constantly from my laptop too when I don't use it with my phone 😜

Oct 20, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #972 of 2,103

Yes, battery could have been better. I recently went on a trip and for me, the battery only lasted for ~2 and a half hours. Admittedly, I was using a planar IEM (Hook-X) which requires a bit more power than other IEMs but still with 4.4mm Out @Low Gain & Boost set to "Off" I would have liked more battery life.

I ended up having to switch "On" the charge button which drained the phone's battery a lot but atleast I was able to continue listening to music.

Oct 20, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #974 of 2,103
Honestly if FiiO put the guts of the BTR7 in a phone, I'd buy it. Don't care if it'd be chonky, I'd buy it.

Maybe parter up with someone like Asus and make a Zenphone or ROG phone audiophile edition...

Oct 20, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #975 of 2,103
Honestly if FiiO put the guts of the BTR7 in a phone, I'd buy it. Don't care if it'd be chonky, I'd buy it.

Maybe parter up with someone like Asus and make a Zenphone or ROG phone audiophile edition...
Yess!

That would be great, and a volume wheel, like Marshall London had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back