Fender Buys Aurisonics And Announces Five New IEM Models!
Jan 20, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #17 of 81
I just have to type this: I can't think of a more deserving person for this to happen to in such a big way than Dale Lott. Dale is one of the nicest and most genuine people I have (personally) met from head-fi.org. Well, he's simply one of the nicest people I've met period. And he's simply an engineering genius.

Now, I would never profess to know much about the science and mathematics that goes into creating a stunning audiophile and sonically satisfying audio product. I just know what sounds good to me and how to express that with words. There have been occasions, however, where I needed to be a little bit more technical in my descriptions - I am a journalist by trade. So I would ask Dale to break some audio concepts and ideologies down for me. Dale never made me feel as if my questions were beneath him or that he was too elitist to talk to me (if he had the time, which translates into him making some time for people like me). He took his time to help me understand the science that goes into his products (i.e.configuration of drivers, materials chosen, concept of burn-in, how we hear things as humans, etc.). Journalists have to become quick (semi) experts on various subjects. I couldn't have had a better teacher and instructor than Dale.
So congratulations again, Dale, to you and your team. And please stay in the game. This hobby and industry needs more people like you. What a great thread!!! Happy listening!!! 
beerchug.gif

Jan 20, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #18 of 81
WOAH!

Congrats, Dale and company. Does this mean that the Bravo line was like a beta test? Is the harmony now obsolete, with the new lineup out?

Jan 20, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #20 of 81
WOAH!

Congrats, Dale and company. Does this mean that the Bravo line was like a beta test? Is the harmony now obsolete, with the new lineup out?

Think of it as a limited edition run. :wink:

Still interested to see what the retune will sound like. At least I know that the tech and the ears behind the sound will be very solid.

Jan 20, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #23 of 81
Congrats Dale!! Good luck and certainly will be interesting to hear how things sound now:)

Jan 20, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #24 of 81
Mazel Tov Dale and the team at AS!

Wondering how this may affect my recent order of AS 2.5 customs as well as their other currently available offerings.

Also, how does that $99 model sound?!

Jan 20, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #27 of 81
Aw snap. Big Fender fan here so this is very cool news for AS. They seemed to be expanding at a crazy rate so the Fender acquisition makes a lot of sense in terms of growth. What does this mean for the warranty of AS' previous offerings tho?

Jan 20, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #28 of 81

Think of it as a limited edition run.
wink.gif

Still interested to see what the retune will sound like. At least I know that the tech and the ears behind the sound will be very solid.

I want to review the FXA7 Pro, using my Mustang as the backdrop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back