Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Jun 20, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #12,063 of 13,856
  To me the first line of your post #10250 was perjorative towards using these novel, and what I would regard as innovative, tube combinations.
Maybe I misinterpreted your own use of language?

My language was very clear. I was commenting on his choice of descriptive terms, his point of reference and why he doesn't use external power (the last question later clarified by @JazzVinyl). I said nothing to suggest I was opposed to what he was actually doing. I'm a lawyer and very used to opposing counsel attempting to misstate what I say and trying to create a straw dog argument to rail against. So I chose my words carefully. I can't be responsible for those who choose to read into those words something I did not say.

Jun 20, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #12,064 of 13,856
  My language was very clear. I was commenting on his choice of descriptive terms, his point of reference and why he doesn't use external power (the last question later clarified by @JazzVinyl). I said nothing to suggest I was opposed to what he was actually doing. I'm a lawyer and very used to opposing counsel attempting to misstate what I say and trying to create a straw dog argument to rail against. So I chose my words carefully. I can't be responsible for those who choose to read into those words something I did not say.

OK now I understand you better.

Jun 20, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #12,065 of 13,856
  OK now I understand you better.

Thanks. Let's give peace a chance 
normal_smile .gif

Jun 20, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #12,070 of 13,856
Not to me.I don't go that high.  I'm just an ignorant consumer who prefers to operate my greedy acquisitions within parameters designated by the manufacturer. Call me crazy

I think I missed the transformer "parameters designated by the manufacturer"...

http://feliksaudio.pl/products/elise/elise_en.pdf

Didn't find it anywhere, on the web site, either.

Can you please point me to the transformer parameters, as published by the amplifier manufacturer?

Many thanks, in advance :)

:p

Jun 20, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #12,071 of 13,856
I just slept for one night and you guys came up with a new combo :joy: Awesome DL!

@H1 Sorry the tubes were missed, I need to be more sharp this time. 3 x GEC sold for 215$ not that bad, I bought a pair for 300$ remember? That I had to let go cause of weak internals lol

Now I've got to REALLY admonish you, LR....3x GECs for $215 and you SLEEP? - I doubt there will EVER be a bargain like that again, lol!!...(or did they have dubious readings/appearance?).

Don't know whether to laugh or cry, my friend...I shall simply hope and pray another such opportunity does indeed come your way...or anyone else's...
bigsmile_face.gif
...now I need to go and have yet another glass of nice Cabernet/Merlot!...see what you've done to me?!!...(doesn't take much to persuade me in such things, though!...
evil_smiley.gif
wink_face.gif
...CHEERS!).

Jun 20, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #12,072 of 13,856
I think I missed the transformer "parameters designated by the manufacturer"...

http://feliksaudio.pl/products/elise/elise_en.pdf

Didn't find it anywhere, on the web site, either.

Can you please point me to the transformer parameters, as published by the amplifier manufacturer?

Many thanks, in advance :)

tongue.gif

JV. Give it a rest. You know that FA has stated a recommended amp draw from the transformer, which is what we were talking about. Please to find someone who wants to tit-for-tat with you.

Jun 20, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #12,073 of 13,856
  Hi pct,

Read that it is 118 degrees in Phoenix - how do you manage? Another reason not to use 6 hot running 6BL7 tubes lol.....

I have asked Mrs. X to design a water-cooled, external cooler for the Elise 
normal_smile .gif
 In fact, I also asked her to design a full external amp for the Elise that would bypass everything except the RCA inputs and headphone output 
beerchug.gif

Jun 20, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #12,074 of 13,856
Just thinking, in a general sense, not specifically about Feliks Audio, it would be helpful for tube amp manufacturers to give us 'happy rollers' some guidance as to what tube parameters we should aim for and the margins of safety as far as their amps are concerned. I would imagine only the manufacturer would know this.
Obviously in Elise's case we know about the 6.8A max heater current draw but there presumably are a lot of other parameters to consider which we don't know about and could check with the tube data sheets. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back