Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Aug 1, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #586 of 11,833
  UT: I think this combination is pretty hard to beat. I came close here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/782754/feliks-audio-elise-new-thread/10995#post_12615560

But the Sylvania drivers are clearly better that the TS GTBs. This is "end game" territory.

Holy grail LOL. Ok ... they are pretty good. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #587 of 11,833
Mordy !!! 

These are my spares and they are 'cheaper' and sounds pretty good. Momentum will move you. It's crystal - are we clear? 
bigsmile_face.gif

PSB has more bass. So there you go. No shortage of affordable headphones for Elise. 

Aug 2, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #592 of 11,833
This is a good review of the Expressivo with T1. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/espressivo-e-by-feliks-audio/reviews/16517

In my opinion, T1 original is perfect with Elise. Having an upgraded JRiver Media 22, I've been going through my entire 300 CDs ripped as flac files on my hard disk and it's a very lovely session. I've probably only done a couple of albums so far. This pairing makes you want to go through your music library again. When that's finished, you start with your LPs, then you move on to Tidal....

Aug 2, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #593 of 11,833
  This is a good review of the Expressivo with T1. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/espressivo-e-by-feliks-audio/reviews/16517

In my opinion, T1 original is perfect with Elise. Having an upgraded JRiver Media 22, I've been going through my entire 300 CDs ripped as flac files on my hard disk and it's a very lovely session. I've probably only done a couple of albums so far. This pairing makes you want to go through your music library again. When that's finished, you start with your LPs, then you move on to Tidal....

Yes it's a good review but I have no problems with bass damping using sub-100 ohm cans and Espressivo, like Elise, responds brilliantly to tube rolling.  

Aug 2, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #594 of 11,833
  Hi everyone,

I do notice that a lot of space on the Elise forum is devoted to headphones. Even though I do not listen so much through headphones/earbuds, there are occasions when I do.

The headphones usually mentioned here are more on the expensive side. My question is if I could find earbuds (or headphones) that sound quite good on a much smaller budget than the Sennheiser and Beryerdynamic top offerings.

I do have the Venture Electronics Monk earbuds which are quite good, especially considering the very low price, but I am wondering of people have recommendations for items that may sound considerably better on a low budget.

I find my SoundMagic E10 and K702 are very good with Elise. I am using the AKG's most of the time at present and they are a real bargain to purchase just now. You do need to like the AKG sound signature though.

Aug 2, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #595 of 11,833
Anyone try the Hifiman HE-500 with Elise?

Aug 2, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #596 of 11,833

Not the 500 but the 400 sounds very good, with its occasionally peaky treble tamed using EL3N drivers. To retain the HE400's treble fizz, which I enjoy much of the time, I use  6SN7's or C3G's as drivers. Elise also really brings out the HE400's strong bass in a wonderful way.
(All this using dual 6J5's+6BL7 combos as powers).
Should add, no problem powering the HE400 either. Loud, realistic concert hall volumes at 10-11 o'clock.

Aug 2, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #597 of 11,833

I have HE-560 and use it quite a lot prior to getting T1. Love it.

Heard the HE-500 at a meet with my Elise. Has a more pronounced bass and good sound signature but overall I prefer the HE-560 on Elise. However I'm mainly using T1 and modded HD650 now. The clamp of the HE-560 is just too tight on my head.

@HOWIE13 I love the AKG K702 when I heard it at the meet. I thought the soundstage is quite wide but bass not as pronounced as HD650, which is fine with me. It sounded very clear.

Aug 2, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #599 of 11,833
Had on the HE-560 again. Midrange sounded better than the T1. I have to push the volume to 12 noon on some albums. Soundstage is not as wide as T1 for sure but absolutely love the sound signature. Love it on Spanish Harlem by Rebecca Pidgeon. Vocals sounds gorgeous. Tubes used are Sylvania 6SN7gtb and Chatham 6520.

Aug 2, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #600 of 11,833
If you are still interested in earbuds, these aare the ones I bought and they have a similar Sennheiser sound to them. I had asked on one of the other forums and a member there had recommended them, and he was right on the money.  I like the flat cable as well, it does not tangle as much and you can eiither get the android type or mac type so the contols work seemles on your pnone.  For inexpensive headphones I still have a pair of Koss Pro AA and AAA headphones from the 1970's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back