Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Oct 26, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #3,137 of 11,833

Phew, UT...thank the Gods - never mind the cost - it's my sanity that's on the line here LOL!!
redface.gif
darthsmile.gif

Hahaha ... it's ok ... your claims are substantiated with this combo. He's overjoyed with tears. !!! 
biggrin.gif
beyersmile.png
atsmile.gif

True story. My best regards to both of you, gents. 

Oct 26, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #3,138 of 11,833
CF you are having too much fun. Don't forget to walk Conner.
Conner does not let you forget the walks. I have to leave his leash out on the deck, otherwise he would drag it around the house to let me know, it is always time for a walk

Oct 26, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #3,139 of 11,833
Well,@UntilThen I think I am done messing with the system now.  Moved the Sony Haps-1 digital server and the PS Audio DSD DAC, and the Elise to a table next to my recliner. No longer need the pc a music source for the ELise  Sony recently did a software upgrade and what was the usb port for external storage, they made a two way connection, and now can use the usb connection out to the dac, to the elise. To easy not to move now.

Oct 26, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #3,141 of 11,833
That I am. Going to try the c3g's with the 6080 and then go back to the 6 pack.

Oct 27, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #3,143 of 11,833
@HOWIE13 where you at now with your tubes? I'm with this combo now. 
biggrin.gif

RCA 6SN7gt VT231 Smoke Glass and Tung Sol 5998. Really cool.

Listening to Leonard Cohen's latest album. Might be his last.

Oct 27, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #3,144 of 11,833
  @HOWIE13 where you at now with your tubes? I'm with this combo now. 
biggrin.gif

RCA 6SN7gt VT231 Smoke Glass and Tung Sol 5998. Really cool.

Listening to Leonard Cohen's latest album. Might be his last.

I'm going a bit crazy at the moment with my new T1. Just trying all different tube combos and finding it fascinating as the T1 changes character so readily depending on the tube.

Yesterday, on the other thread, I posted a set-up I was enjoying with female vocals 'cos to my ears this is the hardest sound to reproduce satisfactorily, and it was T-S 6080 and Bad Boys. Lovely immersive sound.
Today I'm going to see how much detail I can draw out of the T1 so may be looking at Raytheon and Thomson 6068, Sylvania 6AS7, 5998. Drivers will try some 6DJ8 's, C3g's, K-R and Sylvania VT231's. Also 6 pack of course. I'll see how much instrumental detail I can pick up in Chamber music without getting ear fatigue.

It's fun to have new cans and a tube amp that can so readily handle even 600 ohms. 
gs1000.gif

Oct 27, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #3,145 of 11,833

I'm going a bit crazy at the moment with my new T1. Just trying all different tube combos and finding it fascinating as the T1 changes character so readily depending on the tube.

Yesterday, on the other thread, I posted a set-up I was enjoying with female vocals 'cos to my ears this is the hardest sound to reproduce satisfactorily, and it was T-S 6080 and Bad Boys. Lovely immersive sound.
Today I'm going to see how much detail I can draw out of the T1 so may be looking at Raytheon and Thomson 6068, Sylvania 6AS7, 5998. Drivers will try some 6DJ8 's, C3g's, K-R and Sylvania VT231's. Also 6 pack of course. I'll see how much instrumental detail I can pick up in Chamber music without getting ear fatigue.

It's fun to have new cans and a tube amp that can so readily handle even 600 ohms. 
gs1000.gif

That will keep you busy. I have never seen a Sylvania 6AS7 before. Show a picture please. Btw the TS 6080 are quite rare now.

I'm on a roll too. I'm on Mazda 6N7G and 5998 and listening to this on Tidal HiFi.

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #3,146 of 11,833
@UntilThen

Very nice voice.

Yes I snagged those T-S tubes fairly cheaply. One is microphonic so I can't dance around the room when it's on. 
biggrin.gif

Here's the picture of the Sylvanias. They look almost the same as RCA but sound very different- cool, with clear, tight bass, very sweet treble and slightly recessed mids, enhancing the sound-stage. They don't have the lower-mid bloom I hear with my RCA's, but I appreciate others hear the RCA's differently from me.

Elise is warming up as I type for today's tube rolling session with T1 
L3000.gif

Oct 27, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #3,147 of 11,833
Another exciting day of discovery with my new T1g2 and Elise.

For Chamber music, extra special treble fizz and presence was provided with great results by Thomson 6080 powers and Sylvania VT231 drivers. 

For Grand Piano I was very impressed by the combination of 5998 powers and Ken-Rad VT231 drivers. Best reproduction of piano I've heard, to date.

Oct 27, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #3,148 of 11,833
I will have to pull the Thomsons out again, they were the first tubes I bought even before the Elise arrived.   Thanks for reminding me of them. @HOWIE13

Oct 27, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #3,149 of 11,833
  I will have to pull the Thomsons out again, they were the first tubes I bought even before the Elise arrived.   Thanks for reminding me of them. @HOWIE13

They were also my first purchased power tubes, and at the time I thought they were too bright, but Elise was very new and not burned in and I was probably using them with my now defunct K701's which were bright anyway, and comparing them to Elise's warmer stock power tubes too. It will be interesting to see how you find them now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back