Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Jul 13, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #181 of 11,833
Post a picture of your DAC and Elise here. We love pictures. :)

Did they give a name for the DAC? Like Rover. :)

I'm surprised your DAC use 6550 and KT88. Those are monstrous tubes.

The 6550 are beam pentodes designed primarily for audio services. You're in good hands.

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #182 of 11,833
Posted before in the othr thread

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #183 of 11,833
The Dac is alot bigger han the Elise. The manufacturer only uses big tubes. He believes big is better.

And I agree!

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #184 of 11,833
You must hear, to believe! Those Ether Cs are pretty good too!

Jul 13, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #186 of 11,833
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]The dac takes ll the way to kt120s. Just dont know if it will be worth it.

The manufacturer is trying to get me to buy a rectifier upgrade. This is really a super upgrade that will take mercury. I really don't know how much better I can get fom where I am now.

Jul 13, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #187 of 11,833
Looks awesome. I want to hear your setup with the Ether-C one day I hope.

You know you are welcome anytime UT. Don't come in January or February Lol

Jul 13, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #189 of 11,833
Wish me luck guys, I am going to get my Sennheiser HD800 from customs, it is going to be a lot of fun. Tracking information does not say anything about it's current location but it spent 15 days in transit already, so I am guessing that it is here but customs wanted to listen to it first.

Australian weather in Melbourne was so damn cold in the middle of summers LOL Today it is about 42 C on the way and about 38C in the neighbouring city with customs office. About 45C in my city.

Jul 13, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #190 of 11,833
Wish me luck guys, I am going to get my Sennheiser HD800 from customs, it is going to be a lot of fun. Tracking information does not say anything about it's current location but it spent 15 days in transit already, so I am guessing that it is here but customs wanted to listen to it first.

Australian weather in Melbourne was so damn cold in the middle of summers LOL Today it is about 42 C on the way and about 38C in the neighbouring city with customs office. About 45C in my city.

I get -40 C in Jan and Feb. Want to trade?:D

Jul 13, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #191 of 11,833
Jul 14, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #192 of 11,833
Hi JV,

I have found that it all depends upon the mastering, same albums in CD, HDTracks and DSD can sound different if it is remastered by different people.

I do not always prefer DSD over HDTracks, sometimes HDTracks or even a good quality Audio CD is better sounding that a DSD (or SACD). This is not just me alone, some of my friends think on the same lines as well. So I stopped getting rid of the CD quality files where I have DSD of the same album. I keep both, if I get time I compare them, otherwise keep listening to the DSD files, the files are so big that I have to spend hours to compress them and play them in my car, this is a big drawback for me cause my main system is in my car. Focal Utopia 3 way active. I hope I answered your question.

Quote:
Hello LR, I am a tad confused by the statement quoted above.

Can you clarify, please?

tongue.gif

:D I am on the brink of quitting head-fi, you have no idea what is going on, maybe UT can fill you in for me. I bought 2 T1's first one was not as described, the other one never left the seller cause France did not allow shipping to my country in middle east. HD800, it is lost, no tracking information after it left Texas, I am going to customs.

If I ever visit UK, I will bring my DAC and we do a jam :D LOL

Good to hear from you again LR...(not bankrupt yet after all those DSD albums lol?!!
eek.gif
wink_face.gif
).

I agree that the DAC is a VERY important element in the system - your Geek Pulse sounds fantastic. Would love to hear one side-by-side with my Sabre-clad tube DAC (no DSD though)...but my wallet would undoubtedly wilt next to yours, alas!!
redface.gif

Jul 14, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #195 of 11,833
Don't tell me 40 C in summer and -40 C in winters, what location is that? OMG :D 

Its Winnipeg, Manitoba , Canada.

I rembember it being that - and + many times.

Just did a quick search

+42.2

Those have been the extremes lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back