FedEx = BS
Mar 4, 2007 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

braillediver

Headphoneus Supremus
So I’m waiting on my chair upgrade to be delivered by FedEx. At 7:48 this morning it’s listed as Home Delivery “on truck for delivery”. I wait here the entire day. Quietly so I don’t miss their Knock.

I check the managers office at 4:50 before they close in case it was delivered there without telling me.

At 5:20 FexEx listed the item as Delivery Exemption and “Customer not available or business closed”. Remember Home Delivery.

I’d like to say they are Lying. I was here the entire day waiting, They didn’t leave a note- they were never here. Now I have to wait until Tuesday- Home Delivery is Tuesday to Saturday.

I can understand it not being delivered but Lying about the reason really pisses me off. I’ve filed a complaint. The customer service rep asked what hours the managers office works- I told her the same hours every other apartment complex in Washington State.

Total BS I’ll Never ship anything via FedEx and will request my purchases Never be shipped via FedEx. If my only shipping option is FedEx- I won't buy it.

Mitch

Mar 4, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #2 of 43
Still better than UPS Ground.

Mar 4, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #3 of 43
Nothing is worst than USPS.

Mar 4, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #4 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by SayNoToPistons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing is worst than USPS.

My ***** list starts with Canada Post, followed VERY closely by UPS, at least regarding US-Canada shipping.

Mar 4, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #5 of 43
To each thier own- I've had Great service via USPS.

Plus they've never lied to me.

UPS is the only shipper that has damaged an item and a UPS store packed that item.

FedEx has delivered very expensive items to the managers office and Not left any note on my door. If I wasn't actively tracking the items I wouldn't know they ever arrived.

So to re-cap FedEx SUX and I'll tell everyone I can they lie.

Mitch

Mar 4, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #6 of 43
Before jumping to conclusions, you have to consider the EMPLOYEE that was supposed to deliver that package.

Most people (including myself) have had nothing but good luck from FedEx. Maybe that specific fedex truck driver wasn't feeling too good, or just maybe he's a candidate to be laid off...or just bad luck?

Mar 4, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #8 of 43
I have to defend USPS, at least in my area. Last Saturday, I had to be in Chicago. They tried to deliver a package from Afrikane to me, but with no one home left the usual note. I figured, ok, get it Monday after work. Sunday morning, my wife and I are reading the paper. I see someone walk past the front windows carrying a package. When I look more closely, I see the postal truck in our drive. On Sunday. The delivery guy stated that they try to get certain types of packages out even on Sunday. I was stunned.

I've had much worse service from both FedEx and UPS recently. And in the past few months have found USPS to be cheaper and in most cases faster or as fast as either of them. I seriously consider USPS a viable shipping option these days.

A_Sr.

Mar 4, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #10 of 43
USPS is completely awesome. Whenever I order something by priority mail, it always comes at least 2-3 days earlier than what was indicated. I've never had them damage a package or lose one. I've never had any problems with UPS, either. FedEx is a little iffy.

Mar 4, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #11 of 43
"Before jumping to conclusions, you have to consider the EMPLOYEE that was supposed to deliver that package."

You mean the guy who is getting Paid to deliver my package which he didn't and then lied about the reason?

"Maybe that specific fedex truck driver wasn't feeling too good, or just maybe he's a candidate to be laid off...or just bad luck?"

Oh come on you've got to be pulling my leg- I hope they fire the schmuck for lying.

You don't really expect much for your hard earned money if you can defend the drivers actions. I sure wouldn't want someone like you working for me because there is no excuse and if there was be honest and don't Lie.

Mitch

Mar 4, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #12 of 43
i think most if not all of those types of businesses are
going downhill and fast. my dad has been with USPS
for 33 years and he says it used to be a great place
to work. but for about the last 4 or 5 years he says
it's almost like they're trying to put themselves out of
business. i've had good and bad experiences with all
3. when fed-ex delivered my RSA Tomahawk they left
it on the floor on the edge of my porch on a rainy day.
he could have taken it five more steps and placed it on
a bench and under the roof of the porch. but he left it
so that if the wind had been blowing just a bit in, my
package could have easily gotten wet. i usually don't
complain much because i know those people have hard
jobs, but that day i filed a formal complaint.

Mar 4, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #13 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
USPS is completely awesome. Whenever I order something by priority mail, it always comes at least 2-3 days earlier than what was indicated. I've never had them damage a package or lose one. I've never had any problems with UPS, either. FedEx is a little iffy.

umm 2-3 days is the regular delivery time for USPS Priority, so are you saying it comes the day you ordered it?

Mar 4, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #14 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Total BS I’ll Never ship anything via FedEx and will request my purchases Never be shipped via FedEx. If my only shipping option is FedEx- I won't buy it.

I agree with this. I'll pay extra and buy from another vendor. I just don't like Fed-Ex policies in general. Knock on wood, I have had good success with UPS and the USPS.

Mar 4, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #15 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenochimera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
umm 2-3 days is the regular delivery time for USPS Priority, so are you saying it comes the day you ordered it?

When I order Comply foam tips from earphonesolutions, the option for priority mail says "3-5 Days". So far, it has always come in two days. I have had similar experiences with other vendors. It doesn't matter how far away they are, the package always arrives very quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back