FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Apr 13, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #1,441 of 5,204
i have the KP too, they are different, the KP is wide and deep with more sparkle in the upper treble and less mid bass but more sub bass, both are excellent though
Thanks for my empty wallet :wink: ok, let's back to Fearless

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #1,444 of 5,204
once my replacement + replacement cable comes, i'm gonna do some Hard Listening to these out my apple dongle vs. balanced out of my ES100. to my recollection with my DM6s, I heard better stereo separation with balanced; hard to say that LDAC sounded better than the dongle, necessarily. the resampling done by the dongle (to what, 16/44?) kinda bothers me in principle, though, even though i don't think it ought to matter. the S8F is even easier to drive than the DM6, though, and with such a high-quality cable i'm kinda curious how it'll compare.

audiophile's dilemma! also björk's Atom Dance has this excellent slide down into the bass at ~4:36 and it's very good on these, ah.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #1,445 of 5,204
So has anyone have impressions for the HyperS 12ba monster yet?

Apr 14, 2019 at 5:42 AM Post #1,446 of 5,204
so after week with the acme8 now, im very happy and impressed .
some more notes to the acme vs lx
all impressions are made without eq or bass boost with balance out from ibasso DX120 and Questyle QP2R

the overall sound is darker with the acme.
you get more clarity with lx.(maybe because this insane crossover, 10way with 7 drivers.)
general bass impact is about the same level
when it comes to subbass you get more rumble with LX.
for me mids are very well done on both sets , hard to describe the difference
maybe treble top end is little bit higher on the LX .

beside these differences the sound signature is quite similar to me
When you see the price difference of the 2 , the acme8 is amazing.

Apr 14, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #1,448 of 5,204
Hi,
I have a DM6 and Kanas Pro. Do you think that frearless would be a good upgrade? Would S6rui be good enough or S8f is much better? I understood from previous posts that you cannot hear a difference between them, so I'm wondering if I can save 100$ by buying S6rui and not losing sound quality
Thanks

Apr 14, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #1,449 of 5,204
Hi,
I have a DM6 and Kanas Pro. Do you think that frearless would be a good upgrade? Would S6rui be good enough or S8f is much better? I understood from previous posts that you cannot hear a difference between them, so I'm wondering if I can save 100$ by buying S6rui and not losing sound quality
Thanks
Wich one you like more dm6 or kpe

Apr 14, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #1,450 of 5,204
Wich one you like more dm6 or kpe
DM6 is details monster but fatiguing is some tracks. KP is less detailed and has narrower soundstage but easy to listen to. Both are excellent value

Apr 14, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #1,451 of 5,204
DM6 is details monster but fatiguing is some tracks. KP is less detailed and has narrower soundstage but easy to listen to. Both are excellent value
The S6Rui ought to be an all around better DM6 that causes less fatigue yet has more detail--at least if it's as close to the S8 as people have said.

Apr 14, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #1,452 of 5,204
Yup, it's a pelican 1010. Bulky, but safe.
I love my Pelican cases - many 1010 and 1020 cases for IEMs (depending on the amount of accessories I carry with them) and 1040 cases for external components like DAD, DAC/Amps... not very portable outside of a backpack. For more portability there are smaller versions that come with some IEMs and those can fit in a jacket pocket.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #1,455 of 5,204
Yes, the picture gives that impression. This tiny IEM delivers bass, mids and great imaging for less than USD 300.-. A single DD. I am that close to buy a Kanas Pro just in order to put both in a fight. The E5000 is very power hungry, tough.

Thats going to be a heck of a fight. I use the KPE with triple flange tips.
Hi,
Thanks

I really don't think the KPE is tuned like the DM6. All Im saying is the Fearless is different than the KPE, not better or worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back