Favorite Junk Food
Mar 27, 2022 at 3:23 AM Post #211 of 255
A good burger, and maybe some fries & dessert, with beer from a diner or casual fare hits the spot.

PetitTrois_MecBurger.jpg

FriedChickenAndBeefWaffleBurger-DeepFriedBreadPudding-BuffaloChickenFries1.jpg

DeansDiner_Burger.jpg

Mar 27, 2022 at 3:53 AM Post #213 of 255
holy scrumdiddlyumptious, that first one is insane

The burger (Mec burger from Petit Trois) from the first photo was an interesting one, giving a medley of fatty rich flavors with foie gras/wine, beef & cheese, albeit a messy one to handle and eat, but worth it for the experience. This burger paired well with St. Bernardus Tripel Abbey ale.

Second burger (waffle fried chicken/angus beef burger) was a bit overkill, as individual flavors from its components were conflicting rather than working subtly together or as a whole.

Third one (cheeseburger, from Dean's cafe) was simple/balanced. All-around decent burger that just tastes and feels right, outside by the coast.

There are some other photos I am going through (from dive bars/casual fare to fine dining places I have been to), but these are some of the memorable ones I can find for now.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #214 of 255
Some dessert I found that were a nice way to finish off a simple or a long-course meal.

TheMorrison_BreadPudding.jpg
Bread pudding (The Morrison)

République_StickyBomboloni.jpg
Sticky Bomboloni (République)

MussoAndFrankGrill_Torten.jpg
Torten (Musso & Frank Grill)

Mar 29, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #215 of 255
I love burgers, but I never do or eat them at home. My wife tries to encourage me to eat right. She printed the list of products that help to boost metabolism from the Canada Drugs health blog and thinks I strictly follow the recommendations LOL.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #217 of 255
Katz’s Deli hot dog in New York

I also made a quick stop at the famous Katz’s Deli.

When I bit into the hot dog, the outer skin popped like a balloon. It had that wonderful snap. Excellent texture.

The flavor had the really nice garlic taste and it tasted like a refined version of a hotdog.

Most people don’t know that Katz’s Deli actually makes their own hotdog. So far this is the best hot dog I’ve ever had.

ED6C3A6A-25C7-4D6F-9746-1573FB2B61C4.jpeg
27289558-F7B7-483A-BC2C-8AFA459329DA.jpeg

I talked to two employees at Katz’s Deli and they both agreed that the hot dog is great. And admitted that they eat it frequently. Despite the plain appearance, this is top tier level hot dog.

Apr 6, 2022 at 1:47 AM Post #219 of 255
Is it a surprise, a term 'mukbang' came about looking at this? lol Evening watching people eat is entertainment if they do it well. The first girl is really good at making eating really entertaining lookin. They always include eating scenes in kdramas. lol Different cultures have different priorities.

They certainly know how to make things look good

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #220 of 255
Hyeri is most entertaining to watch eating. The way she chows down on food really helped her popularity I think. She just eats how she eats. You can tell she don't give a crap what others think.

She's the real Mukbang. The very definition of it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back