FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Apr 15, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #1,909 of 1,949
Man, I have 0 skills in audio engineering but I'd love to be a part of their team in some way lol. Despite all their issues, I'm such a big fan of their company.

Thanks very much man! It's really been a great experience working with them - still crazy to me that the team is vastly younger than me and already so technically competent. I'm 27 and I'm generally considered young for a professional in the audio industry in general. Their team is definitely and outlier but the IEM industry in general is moving towards younger, so it's a sign of a great things in general ahead with more opportunities for similarly aged folk to break in.

IMG_8775.jpeg

Musicteck and DHL were super quick!

Thanks, mate, hope you're enjoying your time with them!

I said that earlier that final type E tips are giga chad of tips :)

Yes, I believe Final E is the best for both the Scarlet and Maestro Minis. Clarions come close but Final E still has the best seal and rumble.

About 3 months it’s a very long wait but it’s worth it

Thanks! How are you enjoying it now?

It didn’t make a huge difference for me… but i would be curious to make a direct comparison with Scarlet.

Me too, would be curious to know!

EE Evo competes with Maestro SE. Both are a level above the minis. :v:

Thanks!

That’s an entertaining thread. It’s nice to know that the amount of Scarlet bass outputs won’t kill me!

Kill you? Never. But it certainly is a lot of bass :p (even for us!)

The Topping DX9 is also beatiful with great specs, i am considering it even it’s overkill for Scarlet !

Our stuff scales very well with great power. I wouldn't call it overkill, just personal taste and preference!

Bro this is 1.5 k USD, k7 is 250? Xd ?

Source rolling is always fun, even with a price mismatch.

It was only for the good looking amp with the transparent glass like the K9 :wink:

And the K9 Pro ESS is 850€ here in France.

What's the sound signature of the K9 Pro like?

Apr 16, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #1,911 of 1,949
Pretty sad as I have just shipped back my CIEM GM to Fatfreq. My left IEM has a venting issue which causes uneven air pressure vs the right ear. I occasionally get vacuum in my left ear when adjusting the fit. I suspect it's because the venting hole is not properly done.

They took more than a week for QC checks and it was still shipped like this. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Now I have to be away from my GM for another 2-3 weeks (including shipping times) while they fix this.

Left:
PXL_20240407_202005302.MP.jpg

Right:
PXL_20240407_202016893.MP.jpg

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #1,912 of 1,949
Thanks very much man! It's really been a great experience working with them - still crazy to me that the team is vastly younger than me and already so technically competent. I'm 27 and I'm generally considered young for a professional in the audio industry in general. Their team is definitely and outlier but the IEM industry in general is moving towards younger, so it's a sign of a great things in general ahead with more opportunities for similarly aged folk to break in.

Thanks, mate, hope you're enjoying your time with them!

Yes, I believe Final E is the best for both the Scarlet and Maestro Minis. Clarions come close but Final E still has the best seal and rumble.

Thanks! How are you enjoying it now?

Me too, would be curious to know!

Thanks!

Kill you? Never. But it certainly is a lot of bass :p (even for us!)

Our stuff scales very well with great power. I wouldn't call it overkill, just personal taste and preference!

Source rolling is always fun, even with a price mismatch.

What's the sound signature of the K9 Pro like?
I’m loving the Scarlets thanks. The bass is very addictive & with my library they’re gonna keep me entertained for a long time 😃

Apr 18, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #1,913 of 1,949
Happy release day !! :) enjoy on scarlet and other maestro's :L3000:
Rest of the tracks on the channel
Official premiere tomorrow

Attachments

• bcvbcv.jpg
    bcvbcv.jpg
    710 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #1,915 of 1,949
Grand Maestro coming in :)

I can't wait to hear them, I had a lot of doubts about choosing GM or RN6 but as usual half of the people preferred one model and the other half the other 😅

@Sebastien Chiu Are there more NOAH modules in development for GM??
Delivery ETA ?

Damn i wonder how it sounds :D
As someone who had maestro mini and now scarlet mini :)

Apr 19, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #1,917 of 1,949
Grand Maestro coming in :)

I can't wait to hear them, I had a lot of doubts about choosing GM or RN6 but as usual half of the people preferred one model and the other half the other 😅

@Sebastien Chiu Are there more NOAH modules in development for GM??
Enjoy! Let us know what you think!

Yes there are more NOAH modules in developement

Apr 20, 2024 at 2:40 AM Post #1,918 of 1,949
Just today posted :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/1c00lgn/symphonium_audio_titan/?rdt=43453

"Vs. Scarlet Mini -
Compared to Scarlet Mini, Titan is more refined overall, has better controlled bass, and is more balanced. Scarlet Mini has more boomy, bigger bass that shakes the head/eardrums/ear canals more.

Titan has better treble in my opinion. Compared to Titan, Scarlet's treble is zingy, sharp, sibilant, and thin, especially if not paired with the right eartips. I can't really listen to Scarlet without using SpinFit CP145. However, Scarlet's treble is very detailed and has very good instrument separation and incisiveness for a basshead IEM. Impressive technicalities.

Pretty much still the same thoughts but I just got these a few hours ago. Loving it so far."

So nah for me XDDD
Hbb posted a review for titan, although it turns out it’s more a comparison with scarlet

That’s all the convincing i need, now i’m just concerned if my bt dac (btr3k) is going to do the scarlet justice!

Apr 20, 2024 at 5:41 AM Post #1,919 of 1,949
Guys i really don't recommend doing that ....

I was forced to connect scarlet to headphone output from my NAD stereo amp because im still waiting for new DAC.

This is unlistenable :floatsmile: help me xD

Apr 20, 2024 at 6:52 AM Post #1,920 of 1,949

Users who are viewing this thread

Back