FatFreq Grand Maestro
Sep 29, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #61 of 257
I found the switches were easy to accidentally bump back and forth when inserting or adjusting the GM in ear.
They did not cause any discomfort for me.
I provided feedback to FF suggesting either shorten the stem on the switch or recess them.
If they have in fact recessed the switches, I have to assume other GM owners provided similar feedback as well.
Kudos to FatFreq for listening to their customer base. 👍🏽👍🏽
Yup, Ahmed of Elise Audio UK (SoundJedi here) also gave that feedback because apparently the switches hurt his ears.

For me, the switches on the Universal version didn't bother me at all.

Sep 29, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #62 of 257
New metal modules came with my set as well.

Sep 29, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #63 of 257
I miss understood. I didn’t realize the switch was actually flush with the shell on the old model. Yes, it is recessed but the end of the switch still protrudes past the shells. I can send a pick later.
No, the switch wasn't flushed with shell on old model. It was protruding out (you can see it on Google pics of even recent models).

Now they've sort of made it flushed/recessed I guess.

Sep 29, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #64 of 257
Post pic of what change you think happened. I’m not following your description at all. Either way I’ll send pic of mine later for assessment.

Sep 29, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #65 of 257
I miss understood. I didn’t realize the switch was actually flush with the shell on the old model. Yes, it is recessed but the end of the switch still protrudes past the shells. I can send a pick later.
Pic would be appreciated. 👍🏽
Not the best photo, but you can see the switches protruding on OG design.

IMG_0653.jpeg

Sep 29, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #66 of 257
Pic would be appreciated. 👍🏽
Not the best photo, but you can see the switches protruding on OG design.

IMG_0653.jpeg
Yup. This is what I meant by "switch protruding".

New updated model should be either flushed (no protrude at all or very slightly only), or even slightly recessed.

Sep 29, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #67 of 257
Ok here’s a few pics. They are definitely not near what they were on the picture you posted of the OG

Attachments

• IMG_1362.png
    IMG_1362.png
    7.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1363.png
    IMG_1363.png
    7.4 MB · Views: 0
Oct 8, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #71 of 257
Oct 17, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #72 of 257
Deleted

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2023 at 12:39 AM Post #73 of 257
Hi everyone,

I want to share something with you guys on how amazing this company is.
I was never a fan of any audio products i only like the sound and i buy it, thats all.
But Fatfreq is definitely a different kind of company.
They hear me and there is something human about it.
Now i am a fan!!!

What happen was, i think a month ago, i look at instagram and i saw Fatfreq updated their Grand Maestro module into an aluminium metal modul and i asked about it. Since i was an early adopter of course i dont get the metal module and recessed pin. Hearing about how the new one look much better and more durable i was quite heart broken. I thought how can they update it so early.
But how they reply my message was quite shocking for me. They want to give a gift for me which is the new aluminium module (since i have both blue and black i dont know which one i will get from them.). Hearing this i was so happy didnt expect such a generous company. I only need to pay for shipping but of course i am stingy so i asked them to send it to a friend. Luckily this week a friend of mine actually visit SGP(thank you for this friend of mine willing to help me out.) And i asked my friend whether she can help me pick it up in Fatfreq HQ. She did pick it up. My new metal module a gift from Fatfreq but it didnt stop there. You know what? Not only i got both new aluminium module i also got a gift the new packaging box and engraved my name on it!!! Hearing this i was shocked and very happy! I know it is just a box but it show how much Fatfreq is listening and willing to satisfy their customer. I am speechless and dont know what to say because this is i think the first time a company treat me this way. So to honor their kindness i want to share their kindness here. Fatfreq you are the best !!! Very great IEM and service!!! You get one more raving fan now.

Great response!

I get the impression that garage makers are less responsive than the big guys, but not Fatfreq.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #74 of 257
An update about the new metal module.

I tried the new metal module with the early GM unit and it doesnt fit. I find out that the O ring is slimmer so it enter the module hole loosely. Of course this make the bass gone by a lot.

So the next step for me is to replace the O ring from old module to the new metal one and now it fit, but there is another issue. While the bass is now back, like the resin modul, the upper mid and treble doesnt sound the same and everything from mid to treble sound leaner. I think this happen because the design of the module change like the metal mesh is now recessed and isnt really compatible with the old GM.

See picture below.

Attachments

• 20231020_095714.jpg
    20231020_095714.jpg
    841.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231020_111931.jpg
    20231020_111931.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #75 of 257
Interesting that they changed.
My customs are being built this week, and FatFreq confirmed they will have all the upgraded features and goodies. 👍🏽

Users who are viewing this thread

Back