FatFreq Grand Maestro
Sep 27, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #48 of 257
Personally no, but I could see it being an issue for some. All dependent on ear shape and size. I read there may have been some slight changes to the shell design but I never saw the OG in person so I can’t confirm. This may be why I don’t have an issue. I can confirm they now have a recessed 2-pin which is a change but beyond that, I’m no help.

Sep 27, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #49 of 257
Very fancy. Best packaging I've seen to date.
Agreed. I received the EE Raven yesterday and while it was a beautiful package and experience, FF still takes the cake over anything I’ve personally seen.

Sep 27, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #51 of 257
Here are some quick shots

IMG_1357.jpeg
Holy shizz thats gorgeous.

Does anyone else know if I'm ordering from the website whether this comes by default or do I have to select the "Handcrafted Wood Case" option?

Sep 27, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #52 of 257
Holy shizz thats gorgeous.

Does anyone else know if I'm ordering from the website whether this comes by default or do I have to select the "Handcrafted Wood Case" option?
Are you ordering directly from FF? If so, I’d reach out to them and ask. Or request the information from whatever distributor.

Sep 27, 2023 at 9:16 PM Post #53 of 257
Heres a screenshot directly from FF’s website regarding 2023 version. In line with what I received. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_0500.jpeg
    IMG_0500.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 0
Sep 28, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #54 of 257
Heres a screenshot directly from FF’s website regarding 2023 version. In line with what I received. Hope this helps.
Are the vocal switches on yours flushed? I heard they made that change but surprised they didn't list it down in your screenshot.

Sep 28, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #55 of 257
Are the vocal switches on yours flushed? I heard they made that change but surprised they didn't list it down in your screenshot.
No, still protrude past the shell.

Sep 29, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #59 of 257
Yes apparently new change. Along with metal modules.
I found the switches were easy to accidentally bump back and forth when inserting or adjusting the GM in ear.
They did not cause any discomfort for me.
I provided feedback to FF suggesting either shorten the stem on the switch or recess them.
If they have in fact recessed the switches, I have to assume other GM owners provided similar feedback as well.
Kudos to FatFreq for listening to their customer base. 👍🏽👍🏽
I visited their showroom last weekend, and the switch for their Grand Maestro demo has now been recessed into the shell, so it's not protruding as much anymore while still being easily assesscible.

Sep 29, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #60 of 257
I miss understood. I didn’t realize the switch was actually flush with the shell on the old model. Yes, it is recessed but the end of the switch still protrudes past the shells. I can send a pick later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back