FatFreq Grand Maestro
Apr 9, 2024 at 4:15 AM Post #226 of 252
Did anyone have the picture of the anniversary edition yesterday at canjam?? And how was the sound ? In what part was it different with the regular GM?

Apr 9, 2024 at 11:04 PM Post #227 of 252
Did anyone have the picture of the anniversary edition yesterday at canjam?? And how was the sound ? In what part was it different with the regular GM?
Don't have a picture but the nozzle is now shorter compared to the original design and the shell is using CNC aluminium iirc ? Don't quote me on this but the shape of it is like a u12t with a longer nozzle and bulkier body.
The only difference will be in the packaging as it comes with their upgraded cable by default.

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:08 AM Post #228 of 252
Plus the anniversary GM has a new module system if I'm not wrong, and it sticks completely out of the shell of the GM compared to when it was slightly flushed before. In terms of sound, they were pairing the GM with the Creative Sound Blaster X5 at Canjam SG, so there were some changes to the sound.

Even with the vocal switch off, the mids were already quite forward, so turning on the vocal switch only boosted the upper mids slightly but not much difference other than that. Bass and treble remained much the same compared to the old GM, though I found the anniversary model to be slightly more spacious-sounding.

Apr 10, 2024 at 6:59 AM Post #229 of 252
Plus the anniversary GM has a new module system if I'm not wrong, and it sticks completely out of the shell of the GM compared to when it was slightly flushed before. In terms of sound, they were pairing the GM with the Creative Sound Blaster X5 at Canjam SG, so there were some changes to the sound.

Even with the vocal switch off, the mids were already quite forward, so turning on the vocal switch only boosted the upper mids slightly but not much difference other than that. Bass and treble remained much the same compared to the old GM, though I found the anniversary model to be slightly more spacious-sounding.

I think the new module will be usable on the standard GM shell (?)

Lots of people seem to be saying that Anni GM is more spacious sounding with better extension on both ends; I wonder how much of that is due to the Creative Sound Blaster X5.

Apr 10, 2024 at 11:11 AM Post #231 of 252
Yes I will get the new module for my GM soon!
Is that their Superpower module or another one? I only paid upfront for their Superpower module but from the CanJam impressions it doesn't sound like the Superpower module at all.

Forward vocals and stuff makes me feel like it's more likely a sort of "supercontrol" module.

Apr 10, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #232 of 252
Mine are also ready. Perfect fit with perfect sound 😄

Attachments

• IMG_20240404_204114_916.jpg
    IMG_20240404_204114_916.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240409_122256_699.jpg
    IMG_20240409_122256_699.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 11, 2024 at 2:55 AM Post #233 of 252
1000038922.jpg

Here we go hehehe. This is the anniv edition and the new module(this module is huge and long like that, the regular module will sit normally like normal GM). Regarding the spacious sound , ff explained it was the new chamber design that make it sound spacious. Also they use full titanium housing for the anniv edition (beware people with metal allergy). Also that is the upgrade cable included with the anniv edition. Also if i remember ff also said they change the tuning a bit by reducing the upper midrange shoutiness or something with this edition. The new module seems to be unique sounding with more treble or something need someone who have tried to review.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 3:07 AM Post #234 of 252
1000038922.jpg
Here we go hehehe. This is the anniv edition and the new module. Regarding the spacious sound , ff explained it was the new chamber design that make it sound spacious. Also they use full titanium housing for the anniv edition (beware people with metal allergy). Also that is the upgrade cable included with the anniv edition. Also if i remember ff also said they change the tuning a bit by reducing the upper midrange shoutiness or something with this edition. The new module seems to be unique sounding with more treble or something need someone who have tried to review.

This is what Ellie told me about the new modules.

Screenshot_20240411-080243~2.jpg

When you said "new chamber design", is it the chamber of the Anni GM or the chamber of the prototype module? Or both? I'm trying to figure out of the spacious sound is because of the module or because of the new Anni GM build.

Ahhh I just received my GM so I'm having FOMO

Apr 11, 2024 at 3:41 AM Post #235 of 252

When you said "new chamber design", is it the chamber of the Anni GM or the chamber of the prototype module? Or both? I'm trying to figure out of the spacious sound is because of the module or because of the new Anni GM build.

Hahahaha sometimes i need to learn to enjoy what i have right now too. The new chamber design is not caused by the module. It is the IEM itself whatever module you put in, it will sound more spacious now.

Apr 11, 2024 at 5:53 AM Post #236 of 252
Hahahaha sometimes i need to learn to enjoy what i have right now too. The new chamber design is not caused by the module. It is the IEM itself whatever module you put in, it will sound more spacious now.

Sounds like it's noticeably more spacious? Ahhh can't wait to try this. But it's more expensive and the design doesn't look appealing (and no CIEM option). (I'm just trying to manage my FOMO 😜)

So the new module boosts vocals and treble more? Sounds like an even more neutral module. I can't wait for the black prototype module.

Apr 15, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #237 of 252
My Custom Grand Maestro just arrived today! Big Thanks to Ellie and the team!

1000017965.jpg

Apr 15, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #238 of 252
Mine are also ready. Perfect fit with perfect sound 😄

Enjoy - look forward to your further impressions!

1000038922.jpg
Here we go hehehe. This is the anniv edition and the new module(this module is huge and long like that, the regular module will sit normally like normal GM). Regarding the spacious sound , ff explained it was the new chamber design that make it sound spacious. Also they use full titanium housing for the anniv edition (beware people with metal allergy). Also that is the upgrade cable included with the anniv edition. Also if i remember ff also said they change the tuning a bit by reducing the upper midrange shoutiness or something with this edition. The new module seems to be unique sounding with more treble or something need someone who have tried to review.

Thanks very much!

Screenshot_20240411-080243~2.jpg

Just providing additional clarification here - The new chamber design is with regards to the prototype module, no the GM itself.

The biggest difference with this GM is it's an aluminum shell.

Sounds like it's noticeably more spacious? Ahhh can't wait to try this. But it's more expensive and the design doesn't look appealing (and no CIEM option). (I'm just trying to manage my FOMO 😜)

So the new module boosts vocals and treble more? Sounds like an even more neutral module. I can't wait for the black prototype module.

For someone who owns a custom and heard both, I don't think you need to worry about FOMO - there isn't that much of a difference to my ears.

It's a fine tune with minor differences, nothing is night and day.

My Custom Grand Maestro just arrived today! Big Thanks to Ellie and the team!

1000017965.jpg

Thanks, look forward to your feedback. Hope it warrants a review from you!

Apr 15, 2024 at 8:34 PM Post #239 of 252
After almost 4.5 months, my CIEM Grand Maestro has finally arrived! Here are some unboxing pics.

I'll refrain from reviewing it until my ears adapt to the CIEM mould/sound (this is also my first CIEM) so I'll probably write something up next month (or never, if the Grand Maestro distracts me too much!)

PXL_20240402_135057275.MP.jpg

PXL_20240402_140348680.MP.jpg

PXL_20240402_135747089.MP.jpg

PXL_20240402_140430521.MP.jpg

PXL_20240402_140527949.MP.jpg

PXL_20240402_140500447.MP.jpg

PXL_20240402_140536962.MP.jpg

Here's a one-liner review:
They sound incredible.
My set that just came in doesn't have the mesh filter at the end for some reason. They definitely do sound incredible though!

Apr 15, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #240 of 252
My set that just came in doesn't have the mesh filter at the end for some reason. They definitely do sound incredible though!

I paid extra 180 USD (or SGD, can't rmb) for the mesh guard. Have to request manually :)

Yes they sound incredible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back