Fake Senheiser IE800?
May 6, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #154 of 454
Guys, here are some pictures of my pair bought direct from Sennheiser Singapore.

The silicon tips are cut and finished perfectly. No rough edges.

You can find a tiny hole on the left side of the foam case, just beside the left buds. I have no idea what is that for.

Logo is stamped with very clean edges. The "S" in the middle of the logo is sunken.

May 6, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #155 of 454
  Right you are. Originals get stiff just like the cable do. Fake stays soft. They are made from different materials.

In my opinion the best fake that I've listened to have close graph shape but with more flabby bass, less detailed sound in whole range, higher level of distortion (with volume increasing).

The latest "real" ones supposedly do not have cables that go stiff, which is fundamentally a defect. I thought the problem was cured some time ago with serial numbers 20000 and higher roughly?

May 6, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #156 of 454
Guys, here are some pictures of my pair bought direct from Sennheiser Singapore.

Your cable looks exactly like mine, the one I saw at the dealers last night is thinner with a tighter weave (maybe they have the older version?) and I also have a small dot in the foam but to the right.
Do you have any seams on the collars, looks like it's but hard to see.

May 6, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #157 of 454
  Your cable looks exactly like mine, the one I saw at the dealers last night is thinner with a tighter weave (maybe they have the older version?) and I also have a small dot in the foam but to the right.
Do you have any seams on the collars, looks like it's but hard to see.

I find it hard to gauge from the pictures due to the zoom/angles etc. But I also have an RCS800 which is the optional smartphone cable and the weave is identical on that to the wire coming out of the earphones themselves. I would be surprised if they were faking the RCS800 as well :)

May 6, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #160 of 454

Yes it looks like this one :) It came in a ridiculously indulgent Sennheiser box as well that could hold about 20 of those cables! Ridiculously overpriced, but I really wanted the mic and pause button!

Then again....
They were available from...http://www.buychinabulk.com
eek.gif

May 6, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #164 of 454

Are you referring to the "Inverted V" on the seam? The plastic collar surrounding the mesh is not a perfect smooth circle but it has 2 very tiny cutouts which matches exactly the tip of the "Inverted V". On the original, it is very clearly defined.

May 7, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #165 of 454
Here's my little dot : )

That looks like it came from manufacturing instead of a defect. I have no such dot on my 'rubber'. These IEM's should be nicknamed Scary Situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back