Fake Beats Studio by Dr Dre ?
May 12, 2011 at 4:41 AM Post #17 of 36
Are you that naive to think taobao will sell real studios. I'm Chinese, I've seen both fakes and real studios side by side. You CAN'T tell the difference. The differences between them are so small its impossible to tell. Also, don't get them off auction sites...they're always fake. Anything priced less than the original price is suspicious. 

May 12, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #19 of 36
Headphones considerably under street price are fake. There might be exceptions, but that's the general rule. If they are from China, then they're probably fake even at street price. It's easy to open up shop and manufacture fake merchandise in China, why wouldn't they do it?

Stop fooling yourself. If you want real Beats, pay for the price from a real non-chinese store (not eBay). If you don't mind fakes, just get the cheapest ones. BUT BE ADVISED THEY'RE ILLEGAL TO IMPORT IN THE EU. I don't know how it is in NZ. In the EU you will get fined and the merchandise apreended.

Edit: the difference is the sound. Counterfeiters just have to make them look the same, not sound the same. They can use rubbish drivers.

Edit2: Oh, and the biggest problem with counterfeits (as well as cheapo chinese 'phones) is the lack of quality control. You can get a unit with horrible channel imbalance which will make it useless.

May 12, 2011 at 5:38 AM Post #20 of 36
Why Buy beats, Do you actually read these forums?, You're going to waste your money by spending more then twice as much as you could do and have a high chance of getting fakes and not even being able to tell the difference, So why take the risk?.

If you buy them from a main retail dealer you could get yourself really something special!, Hell you would be much better spending your money on the Shure Se215's.

Don't say i didn't warn you.

Nat.

May 12, 2011 at 6:12 AM Post #21 of 36

Quote:
Why Buy beats, Do you actually read these forums?, You're going to waste your money by spending more then twice as much as you could do and have a high chance of getting fakes and not even being able to tell the difference, So why take the risk?.

If you buy them from a main retail dealer you could get yourself really something special!, Hell you would be much better spending your money on the Shure Se215's.

Don't say i didn't warn you.

Nat.

Shure Se215's are IEMs.
Im wanting a headphone

Im mainly getting the beats studios cause of its outstanding looks

the other two which i like are also
Senn. HD 25 ii adidas (cannot ship to nz)
Phiaton ms400 (only one set to be able to ship to nz, costs a lot more for shipping)

May 12, 2011 at 6:19 AM Post #22 of 36

Beyerdynamic DT1350 are going to be a better choice then?

May 12, 2011 at 6:24 AM Post #23 of 36

Quote:
Shure Se215's are IEMs.
Im wanting a headphone

Im mainly getting the beats studios cause of its outstanding looks

the other two which i like are also
Senn. HD 25 ii adidas (cannot ship to nz)
Phiaton ms400 (only one set to be able to ship to nz, costs a lot more for shipping)

Did you check out the headroom one?  Not sure about shipping for that, but it's a very reputable site.  And still, it'd be cheaper than getting legit Beats to buy the ms400s there.  You sure there aren't any local stores that sell the HD25 adidas though?  New zealand isn't that small, and shipping from Australia's likely pretty cheap.

May 12, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #24 of 36

Quote:
Did you check out the headroom one?  Not sure about shipping for that, but it's a very reputable site.  And still, it'd be cheaper than getting legit Beats to buy the ms400s there.  You sure there aren't any local stores that sell the HD25 adidas though?  New zealand isn't that small, and shipping from Australia's likely pretty cheap.

I have a legit beats at offer at $200 USD incl shipping
I find find a phiaton MS400 on amazon $210 incl shipping

But mostly, i really want the adidas ones... THEY LOOK SO AWESOME plus their geat sq

May 12, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #26 of 36
umm...Ebay. I think there are authorized dealers who deal through ebay. Go through and find then Senn dealers and then try finding their ebay links. 
Example: Unique Squared. stores.ebay.com/unique-squared-inc
That's their ebay link. They are also an authorized dealer.

That's one way to get stuff.

Razer Dog Deals: For the sennheiser HD25 Adidas 
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sennheiser-HD-25-1-II-Originals-ADIDAS-Headphones-NEW-/200603582011?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb4e7be3b

They are authorized. 
You can also bargin the price down with them with the "make an offer" button

May 12, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #27 of 36
Why eBay? Are there no audio shops in NZ?

I have a Plinius SA-250, made in NZ. I'm sure there are no lack of audiophiles there!

In any case, I assume Sennheisers and AKGs will be very expensive. I think you'll be better off searching for something good looking from a japanese brand.

May 12, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #28 of 36
price is normally prohibitively expensive due to import tax. Normally, a person in a country with high tax and or stores lack of interest in "audiophile" or any other "high-end" brands will not sell them. Even then, the prices are even higher then just buying them from outside, shipping it in and paying import duty then buying from a store. However, stores are good for testing out what headphones you want.

take China for example.
Import tax is 17%. If you bring it in without paying, it's tax evasion. However, my 99 dollar grados cost about 123.50 at a store (non-authorized dealer). It's actually cheaper in some cases to buy the headphones from out of the country and get it shipped in. However, this only applies to higher end phones.

A good example is the HD800. Price in America: 1800 USD is the MSRP. It sells for 1500 USD on amazon. Add international shipping and brokerage, and it's still cheaper then the 11780 RMB price that's commanded of it here. (Sennheiser China)

May 12, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #29 of 36
Hm, well, you mentioned taobao.  Would they really ship to NZ?  I found the adidas HD25-iis there, though they do cost more than the beats or ms 400.  Also, if you really wanted something that looks like the Beats, there's another brand that makes sort of knockoffs that sound better called Fanny Wang.  Seriously. :p

May 12, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #30 of 36
As stated, Chinese like fake products.  <stereotyping>Who knows, the fakes might sound better than the reals
tongue_smile.gif
  It's highly unlikely though, but they're Beats.</stereotyping>

Yeah, I'd really stay away from those.  Save up your cash for the real thing...  Or don't and get something just as good now
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back