Explain your avatar
May 14, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #2,866 of 3,006
My avatar is Linda Mertens from the Belgian dance group Milk Inc.  I travelled from Canada to Antwerp Belgium 4 times between 2010-2013 to see them perform live, since they don't come to north america.

May 15, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #2,867 of 3,006
175x400px-LM-095eae2a_Hersilentsmile-MAI2015-Copy.png

Her silent smile...

May 15, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #2,868 of 3,006
   Does mine need explaining? It's a skull with a Q701 on it. It's that simple.
Well, it was also shot antero-posterior rather than postero-anterior like most cranial radiographs with a horizontal beam. Choosing the right "technique"(voltage/amperage) was tricky because making the headphones show up properly leads to the skull becoming underexposed/underpenetrated. This is due to the difference in thickness and density of the boney skull vs the mostly plastic headphones.
   On second thought, let's keep it simple. Yes, that is a real skull.

Originally Posted by nordkapp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My shoulder vs. unknown sidewalk.

That is a fantastic "Grashey" view of your shoulder. I applaud the tech. The ORIF also looks nice. I hope it heals soon.

Originally Posted by Silent One /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Her silent smile...

Daang, now can you show us your cans? ....And your amplifiers/DACs if you have any?

May 15, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #2,869 of 3,006
  That is a fantastic "Grashey" view of your shoulder. I applaud the tech. The ORIF also looks nice. I hope it heals soon.

Daang, now can you show us your cans? ....And your amplifiers/DACs if you have any?

HAHA-yeah it's healed -2 years since the injury. I thought my avatar was cool until I just saw yours....

May 15, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #2,870 of 3,006
HAHA-yeah it's healed -2 years since the injury. I thought my avatar was cool until I just saw yours....

Oh, it was long ago, haha. That's good. Yours is still cool because it's YOUR shoulder in your avatar. Mine is just some random skull.
Do you have any of the other views that were taken of your shoulder? I wonder if they did a scapular Y view.
If you wanna see more can X-rays, you can check out my galleries.
cool.gif

May 16, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #2,871 of 3,006
Her silent smile...Daang, now can you show us your cans? ....And your amplifiers/DACs if you have any?

Although, this may not be the best place for that, will slip a couple of pix in here Saturday night. With you being a member since 2011, I'm a bit surprised you've not seen any of my gears from 2014 on down...

May 16, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #2,872 of 3,006

Jazz, a radiograph OF THE SOUL. Bwahahahaha...err... nvm
blink.gif

May 16, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #2,873 of 3,006
  Oh, it was long ago, haha. That's good. Yours is still cool because it's YOUR shoulder in your avatar. Mine is just some random skull.
Do you have any of the other views that were taken of your shoulder? I wonder if they did a scapular Y view.
If you wanna see more can X-rays, you can check out my galleries.
cool.gif

Trust me it wasn't cool going through the whole ordeal, especially at my age(45). May need a shoulder replacement in future. I have another view of it-not sure what it's called but it isn't nearly as cool looking. Yeah, I checked out the xray pics you've got there. Are you an x-ray tech? They are pretty neat. 

May 16, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #2,874 of 3,006
Combo post, unleash!
Originally Posted by Silent One /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although, this may not be the best place for that, will slip a couple of pix in here Saturday night. With you being a member since 2011, I'm a bit surprised you've not seen any of my gears from 2014 on down...

Hmm..yeah, that is pretty strange. You have so many posts, yet I haven't seen them o.O. Or maybe I have. Have you posted in the "Pics of your Head-Fi Station" thread?
Edit: You have. Sheesh, that's serious gear, as opposed to my tiny Magni 2.

Originally Posted by Raketen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jazz, a radiograph OF THE SOUL. Bwahahahaha...err... nvm

The grayscale actually makes it look like a radiograph. So sound waves are the X-rays of jazz? Amazing! And they're non-ionizing!

Yeah, I checked out the xray pics you've got there. Are you an x-ray tech? They are pretty neat. 

I'm glad ya like them. I'm actually a student studying Radiography. I'll be a senior student after the summer.
If you ever get a shoulder replacement, you should come down to Florida. I'll take great pre-op films.
cool.gif

May 16, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #2,875 of 3,006
  Hmm..yeah, that is pretty strange. You have so many posts, yet I haven't seen them o.O. Or maybe I have. Have you posted in the "Pics of your Head-Fi Station" thread?

The grayscale actually makes it look like a radiograph. So sound waves are the X-rays of jazz? Amazing! And they're non-ionizing!

I'm glad ya like them. I'm actually a student studying Radiography. I'll be a senior student after the summer.
If you ever get a shoulder replacement, you should come down to Florida. I'll take great pre-op films.
cool.gif

HAHA. You got it!

May 17, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #2,876 of 3,006
  Combo post, unleash!

Perhaps. But I'm most certain that your listening experience with the Magni 2 is equally enjoyable with your fav tunes. Below, a bonus shot!

May 18, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #2,877 of 3,006

[CONTENTEMBED=/t/582597/explain-your-avatar/2865#post_11605806 layout=inline]
Combo post, unleash!

[/CONTENTEMBED]

Perhaps. But I'm most certain that your listening experience with the Magni 2 is equally enjoyable with your fav tunes. Below, a bonus shot!

Heaven right there.

May 18, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #2,878 of 3,006
If the thread would grant a little latitude, I'll finish with:

My KEF Coda 9 Speakers.

Rare Monster Receiver: 1978 Sansui G-22000.

And in 10 days...a new avatar! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back