Every Top-End Product of Every Headphone and IEM Brand Currently In Existence (Current Noncurrent List)
Nov 6, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #31 of 261

Quote:
Quote:

Well, I listen to music, with high quality equipment. =D Technically good album is pleasing to listen, but it's all about the spirit for me in the end.

When a song isn't up to standard in recording quality or part isolation, I tend to listen to the background and distortion. I'm one of those who love to hear flaws in their music, because perfect, edited recordings don't really portray humanity or make for interesting listening.

Nov 6, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #32 of 261
Added to TakeT H2+ after finally finding pricing for it (their website does not work, at least for me)

Nov 6, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #33 of 261

Quote:
When a song isn't up to standard in recording quality or part isolation, I tend to listen to the background and distortion. I'm one of those who love to hear flaws in their music, because perfect, edited recordings don't really portray humanity or make for interesting listening.

True, true. I know a friend who thinks that "non-perfect" music is noise. So he listens to electronic stuff the most... I enjoy electronic pop too, but noisy pop punk is more important to me. = )

Nov 6, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #34 of 261

Quote:
Quote:

True, true. I know a friend who thinks that "non-perfect" music is noise. So he listens to electronic stuff the most... I enjoy electronic pop too, but noisy pop punk is more important to me. = )

I like hearing live performances if the recording is done right, but basement and attic recordings are cool and original. There are punk and indie bands who record in bathrooms and kitchens sometimes when they're starting out, and you can hear the sound bouncing around with good cans.

Nov 7, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #35 of 261
Can anybody think of brands that I'm missing? I know that I'm adding Goldring soon, as I missed that one. There have to be more.

Nov 7, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #36 of 261

Quote:
Can anybody think of brands that I'm missing? I know that I'm adding Goldring soon, as I missed that one. There have to be more.

Ear pollution and Nixon is missing, although their headphones don't seem to be that good as far as I can tell. Fostex also has a new flagship coming, the TH900, don't think the price is announced though. 

Nov 9, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #37 of 261

Quote:
Ear pollution and Nixon is missing, although their headphones don't seem to be that good as far as I can tell. Fostex also has a new flagship coming, the TH900, don't think the price is announced though. 

Sorry for the wait on these listings, I was out of town for a few days on business. I've tried the Nixon Master Blaster and found it quite odd. The padding and ear cups are almost solid, creating a lot of empty space between the driver and the ears. The sound was okay, but not outstanding in any respects.

Nov 9, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #38 of 261
I updated the list to include the brands iFrogz and Nixon, and also tried to rat out headphones that are meant purely for communication, as those don't fit under the rules of the thread. Hence, I changed the Monoprice listing from their Bluetooth headset to their NC headphones.

Nov 9, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #39 of 261
Added the V-Moda Crossfade LP, priced at $199.99

Nov 11, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #41 of 261

Quote:
The custom artwork version is $219

I also just realized (with prompting from Head-Fi banners) that the M-80 version of the Crossfade is priced at $230. That will be included in the next update.

Nov 11, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #42 of 261
Added the Goldring NS-1000 at $299.99 and the LTB Audio Systems True 5.1 at $269.99

Nov 11, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #43 of 261
Added PureSound ClarityOne IEMs at $129.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back