ETYMOTIC RESEARCH CANALPHONES STOLEN
Nov 5, 2001 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

CRESCENDOPOWER

Headphoneus Supremus
Here's the story. Yesterday I went to the Quad-City area to look at computers. I know that going that way the radio stations are killer. So, I bring my ER4P, and my Sony SRF-M35 portable radio. I get back home, take a 2 hour nap before it's time to go to work, and get in the car, and guess what, no radio, or ETYs.
At first, I was surprised, then mad, then actually kind of sad.
For some reason I must of left the door unlocked. Which I never do. I don't have any theft insurance for my car, so I guess I'll have to sell my HD580s, Total Airhead with bag, and Sony DE220N portable CD player to replace the Etys, and SRF-M35 radio.
I have never heard FM radio sound as good as this combo, so I must replace them. No way can I do without them.

Nov 5, 2001 at 3:51 PM Post #4 of 21
Actually most homeowners and renters policy cover items stolen from inside a vehicle. you may want to check into that. Unfortunately they usually have a deductible so it may not help much. Sorry about the theft.
frown.gif

Nov 5, 2001 at 8:15 PM Post #5 of 21
Damn that sucks. I wouldn't think ER4P + Sony Tuner would be something that a car thief would ever consider as big $$$. It could have been a knowing audiophile thief!

And if it was just the average jackass, than he'll probably look at the ER4P, realize you have to stick them in your ears...and just throw em away and plug in some Sony earbuds.

Maybe you had a memory lapse and they're still around somewhere. Is theft common in the area?

I know I've had times when I'm glad I had a case of bad memory instead of actual theft.

Nov 5, 2001 at 9:15 PM Post #6 of 21
if it really was stolen....that SUCKS.........

my condolences.....

Nov 5, 2001 at 9:28 PM Post #7 of 21
Just call the local TV station, tell them you're a poor old man and some swine stole your hearing aid's out of your car. Then you can get a blood thirsty posse going and hunt the guy down!

It never amazes me what people will steal.. Some kid near where I live got his WHEELCHAIR stolen.. WHEELCHAIR. I mean, what the hell? If I didnt know what the Etymotics were, I wouldent even take them. They actually LOOK like hearing aids or something... I'd maybe even mistake the radio for some sortof hearing aid AMPLIFIER at a fleeting glance. People suck.

Nov 5, 2001 at 9:51 PM Post #8 of 21
The worst part is Xander and Tim D are most likely right. They probably looked at the etys and said, "Yuck" and tossed them, and plugged in their Street-Styles.

And the only justification for stealing a wheelchair is that you're planning to shoot some tracking shots for your movie. What?! I didn't say that, did I?!
confused.gif

Nov 5, 2001 at 10:36 PM Post #11 of 21
I know.. Forget to lock your car door here, and it's all over... Sorry about your loss, though. Those Ety's are expensive.
frown.gif

chadbang, lol. I actually knew the kid.. It was kindof funny at first, yet sad.. When you found out the thing cost $1000, you became enraged.

Nov 5, 2001 at 11:02 PM Post #12 of 21
CRESCENDOPOWER, quickly scour the pawn shops for your etys. The crackhead who stole your gear probably pawned em off for a fix. Hopefully, the shop won't know etys from koss plugs ;p.

Nov 5, 2001 at 11:09 PM Post #13 of 21
DAMNIT THAT SUCKS! I am sorry that happened man.

Are there people who walk up and down the street yanking on car door handles? Does an unlocked car give off some kind of beacon? My roomates girlfriend came to visit us once and ten minutes after she arrived everything loose inside her vehicle had been taken. A couple hundred cd's, cdplayer, etc. It really amazes me what tenacity modern day criminals have.

The best one I ever saw though was concerning my friends car. He has an old corolla with one of those teeny tiny triangle windows on the side behind each door. One of the windows only rolls about half way up but it broke so it cant be moved up or down. So basically there is a hole about 4 inches square that you can fit your arm into... Someone managed to reach their one arm in and break his speaker box off of its support... Only to realize that it wouldnt fit through the little hole.

Pretty sad. PS rohorn in this city that mcdonalds bag would dissapear rather quickly.

Nov 6, 2001 at 4:43 AM Post #15 of 21
I feel sorry for you, I sure hope that guy's reading this thread, so at least the Etys won't be wasted, and he/she'll know that what kinda jackass he/she is.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back