Epiphany Acoustics join Head-Fi with the EHP-O2 portable headphone amp
Dec 15, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #31 of 132
how is it with 300ohmz cans?

Dec 15, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #33 of 132

Quote:
how is it with 300ohmz cans?

It was designed with the goal of driving some hard to drive headphones in mind, AKG 701s and HD650s were used in testing. Of course it is quiet enough to drive some of the most sensitive IEMs in mind.

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #35 of 132

Quote:
My EHP-O2 is here, thank you Oliver for shipping it .... now back to listening.

pictures,feedback, how it sound, what are are using it with.............update us man Cant wait for mine....

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #39 of 132

Quote:
Some pictures:

1. o2 Front

2. With AKG k702

3. Size comparison (from left, Samsung Galaxy SII, o2 itself, mouse, Fiio e7, Sansa Clip+, Fiio e9)

VERY NICE, I am impressed thanks for the pics, it is not as big as I expected, which is better(esp. comparing it to the iphone)

Dec 18, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #40 of 132

Quote:

pictures,feedback, how it sound, what are are using it with.............update us man Cant wait for mine....

Its a 'wire with gain' amp - I'm expecting to hear my source, possibly with better bass extension, but thats about it. Nothing warm and fuzzy, no euphony - just whats on the recording.

Dec 18, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #41 of 132
Even poor old Peter's amp? 

This is good news.  It's just too bad it'll be sitting at the post office until I get back after Christmas.  The form factor looks cute!  Still pocket size.

Dec 18, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #42 of 132
Post Office ? Consider yourself lucky - I expect that mine wont even have cleared Customs before we return to work on Tuesday, Jan 3rd. Of course, thats only the start of the horror story known as 'Australia Post' - be afraid, be very afraid.
eek.gif

Dec 19, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #43 of 132

Quote:
Post Office ? Consider yourself lucky - I expect that mine wont even have cleared Customs before we return to work on Tuesday, Jan 3rd. Of course, thats only the start of the horror story known as 'Australia Post' - be afraid, be very afraid.
eek.gif

You should hear about our post office horror stories, wait we don't have one!!!!

Quote:

Its a 'wire with gain' amp - I'm expecting to hear my source, possibly with better bass extension, but thats about it. Nothing warm and fuzzy, no euphony - just whats on the recording.

Thanks , but This is what I want, no color no change....

Dec 20, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #44 of 132
The other fun part of having something shipped from the UK is that we dont get a tracking number - a big minus compared to the Chinese exporters. I also find iBasso's courier (EMS) to be sensationally fast - they can get gear to me faster than an Aussie retailer in Perth (I know I keep banging on about that, but it still blows my mind).

Dec 20, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #45 of 132
There are tracking numbers but unfortunately I left all the details 200 miles away in the office (I'm in London for the holidays) which is very frustrating. I might be heading back up there before Christmas though and if I do I'll pick up the details. All packages were insured too so should anything bad happen along the way or if they get lost then they will be covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back