ENIGMAcoustics Dharma
Mar 6, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #226 of 1,237
popcorn.gif

Mar 7, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #227 of 1,237

Several magnetic planar designs extend to 50kHz

But there is very little musical content above 10kHz. Most people can only hear a few tones above 10kHz anyway. That's why I'm surprised. Have an electrostatic element and crossover is a lot of complication to cover the last 4 or 5 audible tones (out of around 75)

Sorry old thread, but common misconception that deserves to be addressed. We are talking about reproduction. Not musical content.

Have a read through these: 

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/tweeter-frequency-response
http://recordinghacks.com/articles/the-world-beyond-20khz/

Mar 13, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #229 of 1,237
These indeed seem very promising, though there's a significant resemblance with the Philips Fidelio lone of headphones... More importantly, I am afraid the stock earpads will be too shallow from the pics 
frown.gif

Mar 13, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #230 of 1,237
Not that it's a huge deal, but I was really hoping these things would be ready to hit the market right about now...I really cant' wait to hear them. 

Mar 13, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #232 of 1,237
  They are getting very close to being ready for full scale production :)

I hope so...the more I read about theim M1 speakers and the Sopranino supertweeter, the more excited I get about these Dharmas. I just have a gut feeling they're going to live up to all the buzz theyve created so far. And I LOVE that I can use my existing amp for them...if not for that I'd be far less eager to send them some $$$. 

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #236 of 1,237
Mar 21, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #238 of 1,237
For those of you who will be able listen these at canjam, could you please post some comments on how "full" and "big" sounding dharma is? I imagine the treble will be great, and the soundstage is reported to be amazing, but it'd also nice to read some comments about the bass and mids too. Finally, I'd like to know how the comfort is and if the cable is detachable (it'd be nice to have the option to run it balanced). Thanks!

Mar 21, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #239 of 1,237
For those of you who will be able listen these at canjam, could you please post some comments on how "full" and "big" sounding dharma is? I imagine the treble will be great, and the soundstage is reported to be amazing, but it'd also nice to read some comments about the bass and mids too. Finally, I'd like to know how the comfort is and if the cable is detachable (it'd be nice to have the option to run it balanced). Thanks!

and please bring a pocket protracter to measure the earcup dimensions! :) serious request hahah

Mar 22, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #240 of 1,237
Oh dear..not another mirage
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back